IGNORED

Jet

formerly known as ivan

And if we dont push up the table and the goals and assists dry up What then will you still be happy??

Well that is not happening at the moment is it. I don't get the point of this post as anyone can say what if. Do you expect that to be the case?

And if we dont push up the table and the goals and assists dry up What then will you still be happy??

Let me ask your idiotic question in another way and see if it becomes clearer to you why it's stupid:

If we had a striker who ran around lots and worked hard but didn't score goals or create goals would you still be happy?

His name's Ryan Taylor by the way, and if you'd rather watch him than JET I can only suggest trying a different sport.

Let me ask your idiotic question in another way and see if it becomes clearer to you why it's stupid:

If we had a striker who ran around lots and worked hard but didn't score goals or create goals would you still be happy?

His name's Ryan Taylor by the way, and if you'd rather watch him than JET I can only suggest trying a different sport.

Yes i would sooner watch JET

All i am saying is there is no reason for a player to put a shift in

Can Taylor do what Jet can do skill wise NO so we cant change that

Can Jet work as hard as Taylor YES so why wont he?

Can Jet work as hard as Taylor YES so why wont he?

Firstly, he does work hard enough. Most people who criticise his workrate are being taken in by his upright running style. These are generally the same numpties who think he is slow and they should pay more attention.

Secondly, don't you think there might be some sort of link between chasing around all over the pitch like a blue assed fly and not scoring or creating goals?

It's pretty damn obvious. JET is much more valuable attacking so when we turn over possession we want him in space and available, not up the arse of a full back or a midfielder with no space.

I find it incredible that there is this hardcore element of imbeciles who can't accept that being the top scorer and top assister is enough. You should all be made to watch the cricket instead.

his attitude and work rate...

not when things are going well, but when we really needed people putting in a shift but refuses to do so

On the back foot today, desperately need to change the course of the game. He busts his ass beats three players lays it off and carries on his powerful run to put the ball in the net.

You're talking utter bollocks on this one mate, sorry.

Firstly, he does work hard enough. Most people who criticise his workrate are being taken in by his upright running style. These are generally the same numpties who think he is slow and they should pay more attention.

Secondly, don't you think there might be some sort of link between chasing around all over the pitch like a blue assed fly and not scoring or creating goals?

It's pretty damn obvious. JET is much more valuable attacking so when we turn over possession we want him in space and available, not up the arse of a full back or a midfielder with no space.

I find it incredible that there is this hardcore element of imbeciles who can't accept that being the top scorer and top assister is enough. You should all be made to watch the cricket instead.

Nail, head.

Firstly, he does work hard enough. Most people who criticise his workrate are being taken in by his upright running style. These are generally the same numpties who think he is slow and they should pay more attention.Secondly, don't you think there might be some sort of link between chasing around all over the pitch like a blue assed fly and not scoring or creating goals?It's pretty damn obvious. JET is much more valuable attacking so when we turn over possession we want him in space and available, not up the arse of a full back or a midfielder with no space.I find it incredible that there is this hardcore element of imbeciles who can't accept that being the top scorer and top assister is enough. You should all be made to watch the cricket instead.

Harsh but true

Great post!

I baffles me why so many people seem to need this pointing out to them. 

Are you missing the point? Why should it be enough? Why shouldn't people expect him to put a shift in along with the goals?

He had gone a few games without scoring which then means he offered us nothing. The very minimum you would expect is hard work and effort. It has nothing to do with his style of running either.

Are you missing the point? Why should it be enough? Why shouldn't people expect him to put a shift in along with the goals?

He had gone a few games without scoring which then means he offered us nothing. The very minimum you would expect is hard work and effort. It has nothing to do with his style of running either.

I know its a different type of player, but Gary Lineker rarely left the opposition's penalty area and didn't 'run about' much, but that didn't make him less effective.

There are nine other outfield players who can do all the running about they like, but JET does what he does ******* brilliantly and effectively, so why change it?

who is to say we wouldn't get that from someone else?

So in his run of games he has recently had without scoring what did we get from him?

So who would that be then?

We haven't had one of those since Maynard (for one season) and you'd have to look back to Bob Taylor before that.  

Strikers like that don't grow on trees and we aren't exactly brilliant at finding them, so if you've got any valuable insight on where one might be at a price we can afford, it may be worth you getting on the blower and give SC a call!!!

I know its a different type of player, but Gary Lineker rarely left the opposition's penalty area and didn't 'run about' much, but that didn't make him less effective.

There are nine other outfield players who can do all the running about they like, but JET does what he does ******* brilliantly and effectively, so why change it?

Valid point about lineker. Guess you could say the say about bergkamp. But that is another level altogether.

When jet does what he does yes he is brilliant but more often than not, especially recently, then he is being carried by the rest of the team.

I started this thread after the Walsall game cus when we needed players working and digging in he was the only player on the pitch not interested in doing the dirty work.

He does put a shift in, he just does it with the ball rather than without. If you can't see it then there's not much point elaborating further.

This idea of hard work being desirable is the very epitome of why the English game is thirty years behind. It is completely illogical. There is no benefit whatsoever in running around giving off the appearance of effort that you want. It is far better to use less effort to achieve the same or better results. If JET did more running around off the ball he'd contribute LESS to the team.

To be clear, your initial post in this thread said that you hoped our top goal scorer and creator was leaving in January. It was absolutely ridiculous then, and it still is now.

who is to say we wouldn't get that from someone else?

The fact that nobody else in the division has achieved similar would seem to suggest it is unlikely.

So in his run of games he has recently had without scoring what did we get from him?

Shots on target, creativity, soaking up two or three opponents who man mark him, defending set plays, being one of only two players who generally want the ball when we have possession. I could go on.

Honestly your argument is pathetic. If Usain Bolt wasn't very quick he'd be a shit sprinter. Who cares about this fictional world you're making up?

Valid point about lineker. Guess you could say the say about bergkamp. But that is another level altogether.

When jet does what he does yes he is brilliant but more often than not, especially recently, then he is being carried by the rest of the team.

I started this thread after the Walsall game cus when we needed players working and digging in he was the only player on the pitch not interested in doing the dirty work.

But the point is, even when he's having an off game, he still has the ability to turn the game on its head.  That type of player is so rare, especially at our level and he's far more valuable than any hard working runner.  

Many people are going to realise just what he does bring to us when he's no longer here, which will obviously be too late.  I recommend just appreciating what he DOES do for us, rather than what he DOESN'T, because he won't be here much longer I fear.

Think it's time to swallow your pride and admit you're in the wrong.

He does put a shift in, he just does it with the ball rather than without. If you can't see it then there's not much point elaborating further.

This idea of hard work being desirable is the very epitome of why the English game is thirty years behind. It is completely illogical. There is no benefit whatsoever in running around giving off the appearance of effort that you want. It is far better to use less effort to achieve the same or better results. If JET did more running around off the ball he'd contribute LESS to the team.

To be clear, your initial post in this thread said that you hoped our top goal scorer and creator was leaving in January. It was absolutely ridiculous then, and it still is now.

How is it illogical? If he doesnt score then he isnt doing anything.

I believe we should cash in on him in January and use the money to build. I dont believe for one second he is irreplaceable.

Archived