IGNORED

Jet

formerly known as ivan

yes he will be probably, not because he is a terrible part of the team but because he is to good for this league and head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch talent wise, he is a pleasure to watch, did you actually go to the game today ?

Yes thanks was at the game today as I am every home game.

Why then is a player with his ability not currently playing at a higher level than league one? Its not like he is starting off in the lower leagues. He was let go by arsenal, no shame in that, but then was let go in exchange for Anderson in a poor Ipswich team.

surely a club like Ipswich would love such a talented player as jet? And I genuinely mean that however is is obvious why they let him go!

being as you were there makes your statement above all the more ridiculous, he terrifies the opposition, is almost unplayable when he gets the ball and is a pleasure to watch, why couldnt mad mick get the best out of him ? **** knows and i dont care, he is one of the best city players i have seen down the gate, no he doesnt run around like a headless chicken, he doesnt need to, the man is class.

Yes thanks was at the game today as I am every home game.

Why then is a player with his ability not currently playing at a higher level than league one? Its not like he is starting off in the lower leagues. He was let go by arsenal, no shame in that, but then was let go in exchange for Anderson in a poor Ipswich team.

surely a club like Ipswich would love such a talented player as jet? And I genuinely mean that however is is obvious why they let him go!

And McCarthy said then it was a mistake letting JET go and he knew it would probably back fire on him at some point but he needed to ease the wage bill.

More of a case of a player being moved on because of the contract he was given by another manager rather than ability.

But hey, why let that get in the way of your agenda.

And McCarthy said then it was a mistake letting JET go and he knew it would probably back fire on him at some point but he needed to ease the wage bill.

More of a case of a player being moved on because of the contract he was given by another manager rather than ability.

But hey, why let that get in the way of your agenda.

why does it have to be an agenda? Why cannot it just be my opinion on a player?

If a player is that good you will keep him on the wage bill. Im sure he would have even taken a reduction in wages rather than dropping to league one where we probably arent paying him more than he was on.

sincerest apologise for having an opinion on a player different to others though!

We did seem to play better, definitely went up a gear, when Jet went off. But I think that was more down to the introduction of a lively, Burns who really tried to drive the ball forward than Jet who couldn't find a way through today, often trying to do the impossible.

It was a brave move by Cotterill, but as much as I like Jet I was happy he was subbed. No player should be assured of their place. Yes it is a risk with Jet as we all know he can be almost absent and then have a match winning moment of glory. But today I saw an emergence of hard working players prepared to help each other out and really work as a team, grind out a win. I'm not sure how Jet fits into this during his walkabout moments, so it was good to see 'life without Jet'. The only other real constant we have is Baldock. Maybe soon we will try a different combination as he really should be putting away more of the chances he gets.

Obviously Jet and Baldock are our top scorers so my head is saying it would be madness to drop either never mind both. But I'm also asking in a team who look to be playing at a higher tempo can they contribute enough?

why does it have to be an agenda? Why cannot it just be my opinion on a player?

If a player is that good you will keep him on the wage bill. Im sure he would have even taken a reduction in wages rather than dropping to league one where we probably arent paying him more than he was on.

sincerest apologise for having an opinion on a player different to others though!

Everyone is entitled to an opinion mate, small world if we all sung from the same hymn-sheet, but i just cannot believe the lack of appreciation on here to someone who is far and away our best player & someone who has contributed in one way or another towards 95% of our goals 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion mate, small world if we all sung from the same hymn-sheet, but i just cannot believe the lack of appreciation on here to someone who is far and away our best player & someone who has contributed in one way or another towards 95% of our goals

like I said it is hard to argue with his record, but the point I was trying to make was about us being a better team without him. Yes he is the main source of our goals but how often have we needed to score 2/3 goals to even earn a point yet dont manage it. There is no point JET scoring or making a goal when, and I do believe this, his overal performance costs us as many goals and then some.

To watch with the ball he is a special talent. Everything else that costs us we can do without.

I find JET very frustrating, and today, I thought that the team improved when he was replaced by Burns. Sometimes I think he is a luxury, and a team in our position cannot afford that type of player. With Burns and Reid we have two very exciting youngsters, and ones who keep chasing constantly, and fit into a team pattern.

I find JET very frustrating, and today, I thought that the team improved when he was replaced by Burns. Sometimes I think he is a luxury, and a team in our position cannot afford that type of player. With Burns and Reid we have two very exciting youngsters, and ones who keep chasing constantly, and fit into a team pattern.

That's exactly how I feel.

He played some terrific balls for both Reid and Baldock in the first half but in the 2nd he was a complete liability.

Walsall were under no pressure at the back and he never presses the last man.

And the headers? I think Wes won more headers in his 15 mins than he did in the whole time he was on.

As for someone saying "so what he doesn't chase around?"

Wtf??!

Why not? Should he be exempt from chasing down the last man? Is it beneath him.

He has talent but I think often were more of a team without him.

His non existent off the ball work rate is a constant frustration, but he has - so far - saved/gained us more points than he's cost us, so he's ok for me.

However those making out as if it's the end of the world if we were without him are a bit over the top. We looked very threatening with Burns and Baldock on, looking forward to seeing more of Burns.

That's exactly how I feel.

He played some terrific balls for both Reid and Baldock in the first half but in the 2nd he was a complete liability.

Walsall were under no pressure at the back and he never presses the last man.

And the headers? I think Wes won more headers in his 15 mins than he did in the whole time he was on.

As for someone saying "so what he doesn't chase around?"

Wtf??!

Why not? Should he be exempt from chasing down the last man? Is it beneath him.

He has talent but I think often were more of a team without him.

Need I say more. Mind you I thought first half he was good and put a fair amount of effort in, second half he was anonymous, and was rightly taken off, hopefully that might give him a push to play better. JET is an outstanding talent, with a bit of application he would be a premier league player, no doubt. I do however also feel that the team benefits from 11 'tryers' due to the positon we are in at the moment, when burns came on we looked just as dangerous. But then again if you drop him you don't know what you could be missing, he is a complete enigma.

Hopefully he will be gone in January. Terrible part of the team!

Refuses to pass if in or around the area, tries to do too much.

But more than anything his attitude when we have not got the ball is shocking. Yes he has scored so important goals and saved us on occasions but we wouldnt need saving if he pulled hid weight most of the time.

Much has been made of fitness levels and our habit of conceding late goals and I put it down to 10 players having to do the work of 11 for 90 mins.

He is a luxury we neither need or can afford to carry for the rest of the season. Need someone up top with Baldock!

I think this is a massive over reaction and I completely disagree with you. Fair enough for having an opinion mind and I certainly won't be shooting you down for it even though I think you're wrong.

He has 10 assists and 15 goals to his name. Hardly the passenger you make him out to be and the stats show his best work is in the final third. Not chasing back and defending. Not to mention that he is involved in almost every attack we have in some shape or form. He does look laboured at times and probably doesn't look like he is busting a gut but that's how he is. All players are different. Would you rather have two Baldock's who will run and chase all day but ultimately be pretty wasteful in the final third?

I think the JET is 'lazy' theory is a bit of a myth. He does work and does put in a shift. It's just at times if he's out of the game he might look disinterested but under SC he will clearly be subbed if he isn't doing the business. Saying he refuses to pass is ridiculous for a player with 10 assists. If anything he passes too much when he should shoot. For example today he should have pulled the trigger but tried slipping someone in when on the edge of the box.

I'm sorry but there is absolutely no way you can blame him for games we have lost or goals we have conceded. If your keeper and defenders make basic errors that's not JET's fault. 

Glad most seem to be shooting down this thread. A minority of our fans don't seem to appreciate how good JET is and what he's doing for our team as a whole, as well as himself obviously with his ridiculous number of goals and assists already.

How anyone can say "get rid" is well beyond me.

Start of the season no one really marked him, Let him do his stuff, Now he's like Adomah, He can't get involved as every time he touches the ball he has 3 players around him, Get him in space and he's dangerous, Just look at his pass to Cunningham, Near enough every goal/assist he has had this season he gets the ball in space and drags players out of position

Today he wasn't good, But he has been a spark in a somewhat shite season

Now that I have seen we can actually defend properly in the last two games he seems a lot less of a luxury because chances are his moment of magic every game will win us The game. Before we looked so bad defensively, but last two games it is more a case of having the players behind him doing their job so he can do his.

Hopefully he will be gone in January. Terrible part of the team!

Refuses to pass if in or around the area, tries to do too much.

But more than anything his attitude when we have not got the ball is shocking. Yes he has scored so important goals and saved us on occasions but we wouldnt need saving if he pulled hid weight most of the time.

Much has been made of fitness levels and our habit of conceding late goals and I put it down to 10 players having to do the work of 11 for 90 mins.

He is a luxury we neither need or can afford to carry for the rest of the season. Need someone up top with Baldock!

We need someone up front with Jet instead of Baldock. What more help does Baldock actually want FFS.

My worry is that he slows the whole team down. It was very noticeable when he went off how much space and energy Wagstaff and Gillett found. Suddenly there was pace and movement. JET for all his skill is very static, and opposing defences seem to have time to form up while he is on the ball.

It's a real conundrum: is he the solution or the problem? I came away yesterday thinking maybe the latter.

Oh and yes, I would start with Burns rather than JET on Sunday. Stevenage will be very low in morale, and I think the pace of Baldock and Burns will scare them to death. JET to come on if it isn't working.

The trouble is Baldock is a pacey striker and JET is slow and technical, the two cannot play together. If Maynard and Baldock played together now i bet they could be sensational.

Eh? How many times has each of them scored, how many assists has JET got, how many times did JET set Baldock up yesterday?

The fact that Baldock is pacey and JET is slow and technical is irrelevant. 

There's no logic in what you say.

The trouble is Baldock is a pacey striker and JET is slow and technical, the two cannot play together. If Maynard and Baldock played together now i bet they could be sensational.

If Baldock took his chances then you wouldn't be saying this..

And maynard and baldock together, they are very similar players, how you come to the conclusion that partnership can be sensational is a bit odd.

Agree with a lot of this. Moments of brilliance in every game. But moments don't win games, overall play wins games. He fits into the nearly pots of so many good players. People like berbatov, Ali benarbia, berkovic, kinkladze. Technically as good as some of the best players off all time, but no where near your messi's, Ronaldo's and rooney's as the later can influence whole games. Always wanting to get involved, always willing to fight. JET's a great player, but I feel a luxury we can I'll afford considering our current position.

Wish I could make Stevenage, but I'll be at leyton orient. That game might take us out of the relegation zone.

COYR

Archived