IGNORED

Jet

formerly known as ivan

How is it illogical? If he doesnt score then he isnt doing anything.

He averages a goal scored or created every game so this hypothetical bullshit doesn't, in practise, arise.

However it is still bullshit. You can contribute massively to a game without scoring and without running around like a headless chicken. And JET does.

Sometimes he has a game where very little he tries comes off and he's ineffective, but this is maybe one in ten. The other nine he carries the team going forward.

Your judgement is completely flawed.

but I stand by my original post going by the previous 4/5 matches.

Three. Three matches without scoring and he didn't actually play badly in the one I saw.

And conveniently ignoring the previous twenty or so of course.

It's not an "I told you so" either, it was bollocks when you first posted it and nobody was shy about pointing that out then.

He averages a goal scored or created every game so this hypothetical bullshit doesn't, in practise, arise.

However it is still bullshit. You can contribute massively to a game without scoring and without running around like a headless chicken. And JET does.

Sometimes he has a game where very little he tries comes off and he's ineffective, but this is maybe one in ten. The other nine he carries the team going forward.

Your judgement is completely flawed.

But thats the point, he doesnt contribute massively!

How can you say he carries the team? If everyone else put in his level of commitment we would be in all sorts of trouble. The rest of the team carry him so he can strol around.

and as for your point about his strike rate, that is flawed. If he scores 5 in 1 match does that then mean he is excused from doing anything in the next 4?

Three. Three matches without scoring and he didn't actually play badly in the one I saw.

And conveniently ignoring the previous twenty or so of course.

It's not an "I told you so" either, it was bollocks when you first posted it and nobody was shy about pointing that out then.

there were also a few one agreed. But thanks god people such as yourself speak for the thousands out there.

it was my opinion. I stand by that opinion.

He does put a shift in, he just does it with the ball rather than without. If you can't see it then there's not much point elaborating further.

This idea of hard work being desirable is the very epitome of why the English game is thirty years behind. It is completely illogical. There is no benefit whatsoever in running around giving off the appearance of effort that you want. It is far better to use less effort to achieve the same or better results. If JET did more running around off the ball he'd contribute LESS to the team.

To be clear, your initial post in this thread said that you hoped our top goal scorer and creator was leaving in January. It was absolutely ridiculous then, and it still is now.

Watch Munich now and the barca team of 4/5 years ago

Both play great football Both full of world class players

Both have every player working their nuts off

If those players can do it no reason jet cant

So to say english football is 30 years behind due to the fact of workrate is rubbish

We have scored 45 goals.

Jet has scored 17 and has 8 assists - directly involved with 25 of those 45 scored.

I don't know how many he has actually instigated but not had the final assist, but I'd guess another 10.

And he doesn't contribute massively ?

Absolute bollux.

What a stupid comment.

So now you are guessing how many he played his part in? Surely that goes for most players who passed the ball prior to a goal being scored?

How can you say he carries the team? If everyone else put in his level of commitment we would be in all sorts of trouble. The rest of the team carry him so he can strol around.

and as for your point about his strike rate, that is flawed. If he scores 5 in 1 match does that then mean he is excused from doing anything in the next 4?

I give up, there's obviously no helping you.

I've watched City since 84 and in that time there have not been that many players that get you off your seat like JET does,

I'm just going to enjoy watching a real talent for as long as I can as (IMO) he won't be here that much longer,

I want him to be running at players and shooting from everywhere, I will happily watch this at the expense of another headless chicken running down lost causes just because it might get a clap from the fans!!

Enjoy him while you can as it will be a long time before we see another player like him playing for us.

This is getting painful.

If you don't get why JET has to be the first name down on the teamsheet by now, there is no hope for you.

It's mad how many goals jet and baldock have scored between them yet we are still on -3 goal difference. We can definately see where we have let ourselves down and not just this season. Defence does look a lot tighter but still invite too much pressure at times

The defence doesn't invite pressure. It is the midfield and they did it again today time after time - that is why Stevenage had 20 shots.

HA doesnt massively contribute good one

So now you are guessing how many he played his part in? Surely that goes for most players who passed the ball prior to a goal being scored?

May I suggest you discretely withdraw from the thread?  Even if you don't agree there's no point labouring the same points over and over again.

Here's your cue:

*door rings* (assume the butler is out)

I give up, there's obviously no helping you.

I dont know how else to say it. I have said time and time again he is a very talented player. He can produce moments of magic.

But where we are at right now we dont need moments. We need players putting a shift in week in week out.

You think he does, I think differently, simple. I will enjoy watching him play like he did today. I look forward to seeing it again in a few games time when he does it again. For the next few games I will continue to get frustrated with him and think that we could do a lot worse than selling in January.

I dont know how else to say it. I have said time and time again he is a very talented player. He can produce moments of magic.

But where we are at right now we dont need moments. We need players putting a shift in week in week out.

You think he does, I think differently, simple. I will enjoy watching him play like he did today. I look forward to seeing it again in a few games time when he does it again. For the next few games I will continue to get frustrated with him and think that we could do a lot worse than selling in January.

We need goals, he provides them. If he didn't, we'd all agree with you, but no-one's going to wish away someone so prolific.

God knows I've been depressed long enough that Jet is the first day of sunshine for a long time. Not since Scott Murray ten years ago has player got me up on my toes andexcited. He reminds of Jacki in that respect.

I don't know why you go to football, but I go for atmosphere and excitement of the day.

Watching Jet control, dribble and turn with the ball is an absolute joy. I mean this with no disrespect, but I can only assume who have never played football to any real level because if you had you would be able to just appreciate the effortless way he plays the game.

I understand the value of a workhorse but god do I also appreciate natural brilliance when I see it.

I don't know how long it will last but my son and I have enjoyed every goal, assit , stepover and dribble. He has made us smile so many times. He and his mates want to be him and I don't remember many city players having that effect.

And people don't value him or the effect he has on the team, fans and next generation.

Give me strength.

i think cotts would be the best judge of whether he puts in a shift or not. ever present in cotts teams sort of says it all, (even tho the majority dont need to see that) ,even picked him for the cup game where he could have risked resting/dropping him to try someone else

I genuinely dont think there will ever be a need to rest jet.

That isnt a sarcastic comment either. Some think that is fine

God knows I've been depressed long enough that Jet is the first day of sunshine for a long time. Not since Scott Murray ten years ago has player got me up on my toes andexcited. He reminds of Jacki in that respect.

I don't know why you go to football, but I go for atmosphere and excitement of the day.

Watching Jet control, dribble and turn with the ball is an absolute joy. I mean this with no disrespect, but I can only assume who have never played football to any real level because if you had you would be able to just appreciate the effortless way he plays the game.

I understand the value of a workhorse but god do I also appreciate natural brilliance when I see it.

I don't know how long it will last but my son and I have enjoyed every goal, assit , stepover and dribble. He has made us smile so many times. He and his mates want to be him and I don't remember many city players having that effect.

And people don't value him or the effect he has on the team, fans and next generation.

Give me strength.

Exactly. The footballers I enjoy watching the most are the mavericks, the ones capable of a bit of a magic that gets you off your seat.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is probably my favourite current non-City player in world football. A genius, sometimes blows hot and cold, but capable of something truly special and unique. If you excuse the obvious gulf in class between the two, JET is City's Ibra - and we should be grateful to have such a special talent in our ranks in what has been a dark year for the club.

I do find it mad how fans were pulling their hair out at how shit we were doing, we start to turn a corner and our players perform and some fans still need reason to have a go. The man scored 2 and set up one today along with the previous and we are only half way through the season!

If we were top of the table, I bet he would be the hardest working player in the league in all you complaining fans opinions.

Just get behind the bloody team and it's players and let's have some positivity.

Archived