IGNORED

The End Is Coming...

BUTOR

Remember getting to the turnstyles just as West Ham were being evicted,they looked totally shocked and I heard one say to another,I told you they were nuts.And that was without the 100 or so of us arriving a little late after a disscusion with our cockney friends.

In there in '51 age three with parents. Down at the front just left of the goal looking through the railings. Years later in my teens I remember a crowd of us in the middle all with bugles, trumpets and other assorted brass instruments making a (tuneless) racket!

Switched to the open end, weather permitting, during our glory years, mainly for the pillar-less view and getting to and from the ground with the big gates we were getting at that time.

Back in the "covered end" as it was to me, when my kids were old enough to take, seats fitted by then, though my youngest who was probably only 3 or 4 sat on the seat, lent back and promptly fell on to the person behind!

Lost interest under Osman, & stopped going for a short while. Then got the bug again and been watching from the Dolman ever since.

Great memories recalled in this thread, but is has to be said that the Eastend is long overdue for replacement.

Archived