IGNORED

The End Is Coming...

BUTOR

So it is believed that at the end of this season, City fans beloved and historic Eastend will be knocked down and remade into a shiny new (likely family stand) with executive boxes and the like. It's had a great run, you can't argue with that, but all good things come to an end and so must this as sad as it will be!

So what are your favourite memories in the eastend? Favourite atmospheres? Matches witnessed from the eastend?

My favourite memories in there are too many to write down, but not much can beat the Palace play off semi, atmosphere wise and match wise, just a truly incredible night. And of course the victories against the gas are all up there!

Very soon it will be the end of an era, all I ask is that the last match in there is non-stop partying, with balloons, flags, bouncing around, singing, pure mayhem! Just make sure it's a fitting send off to our beloved Eastend!

Post any ideas for how we can make the last match in the eastend special below!

My dad and uncle beating the crap out of west ham fans who had got in the east end and knocked me off the folding stand we used to take in the 70s.

Jimmy manss goal against forest that I thought I was going to knock me head off. Cheeseley and Harford bullying defences. Taylor goals ......strewth could be here for years typing away. They have to give us the whole end on the good bye.

Evicting our opponents from there is a start (as we always used to) you`ll never take the eastend with the CITY in it :bruce_h4h:

Then anything everything, flags, scarfs, shirts,rolls, DRUMS , rattles, singing, dancing A FREE ROLL is a must :pray:  :banana:  :drunk2:  :dance:  :englandsmile4wf:  :yahoo:  :travolta:  :dancing6:  :violin:  :(

Getting crushed against the old barriers when Garland equalised v Liverpool,,,,,,a diving header on edge of 6yard box right in front of the EE,,,,, never stood behind one of them again

The Many, many, times the whole crowd would ebb and flow like a wave when we had a near miss....

Standing in one place when we scored and ending up somewhere else after the celebrations died down

Great memories of a proud and (in)famous stand which will always have a place in the history of BCFC 

Forza cow shed forever

As a ten year old first time on there, beating Sunderland 4-3. 

Got in very early, as you do as a kid , and lots of people on there already and loads singing Sunderland !

A shout and a charge and they were chased off and all the way to the open end !

The atmosphere was brilliant , could get a little hairy but doesn't compare now,

would be a nice gesture from the club to give it over to us completely..... which probably means it wont happen.

Stevie Neville diving header after an unbelievable move involving around twenty passes

1-0 win against York on front of 10,000 fans in the top of the table clash on a tuesday in the old 4th division

Ralph Milne's first goal for us - superb side foot volley

Abusing every away team goalkeeper as they meekly trotted towards us

Glyn Riley jumping on the railings when he scored at that end - pumping his fists and showing absolute joy

Keith Waugh's debut against Plymouth on Boxing Day - a 4-3 victory where Tommy Tynan scored a hatrick for them but lost! The fans not impressed with Waugh and singing 'Johnny Shaw, Johnny Shaw, Johnny Shaw...'

The thrill of starting a song and hearing the whole end join in...

Rob Newman volley versus Newport

Paul Fitzpatrick's winner after we went down to ten men against Walsall, Keith Curle was sent off but we simply wouldn't let the chaps lose and bellowed our support non stop and sucked Paul's winner into the net

The silence when Bury scored a late winner on a tuesday night, you could hear the net rippling it was so quiet

The thrill of walking into the stand, finding your mates and feeling the pre match buzz

West Ham trying to get in during a midweek game...

Walshy hitting the post in the league cup semi final last minute

Paul Randall flicking the V sign at us after scoring for Roverzzz

Archie Stephens getting 90 mins of abuse when he came back with Middlesborough

...just some of my memories of growing up in the East End...it's funny how you don't realise how important those days were to you until you think of the glorious old stand not being there anymore.

Happy days...

My first ever game was the 4th round of the cup vs Saints in 67 and a 1-0 win.

38000 crowd and I ended up in the East End because I knew nothing different. It was an almighty crush and my feet didn't touch the ground on the way out. As a youngster had never seen so may people  and remember the atmosphere was electric and has never been repeated. I  remember being disappointed at subsequent games because I expected the same every time!

will be sad to see the East end go. I grew up there and only left when "they" kicked us out.

Recently ive been going back in and its a wonderful feeling. Standing watching the game and the singing brings back the memories.

I reckon for one last time the club should encourage as many people into the East end as possible. Put the away fans elsewhere and really pack the old Enclosure and get as much singing and chanting as we could muster....just one last time :sad26:

Arsenal,Spurs,Chelsea,West Ham,Cardiff etc etc thinking they could come and "take" our end.

They all seemed to think we were West Country bumpkins!! Every one of them knew differently by 3.05 pm ;)

Give Chelsea some credit - they did take the Tote End in 1979 and they held sections of it all game. I'm pretty sure City have done the same on a few occasions. Chelsea were wearing the blue scarves of Chelsea and giving Bristol addresses at the Tote End turnstiles when questioned by the Tote End turnstile operators. :clapping:

Stevie Neville diving header after an unbelievable move involving around twenty passes

1-0 win against York on front of 10,000 fans in the top of the table clash on a tuesday in the old 4th division

Ralph Milne's first goal for us - superb side foot volley

Abusing every away team goalkeeper as they meekly trotted towards us

Glyn Riley jumping on the railings when he scored at that end - pumping his fists and showing absolute joy

Keith Waugh's debut against Plymouth on Boxing Day - a 4-3 victory where Tommy Tynan scored a hatrick for them but lost! The fans not impressed with Waugh and singing 'Johnny Shaw, Johnny Shaw, Johnny Shaw...'

The thrill of starting a song and hearing the whole end join in...

Rob Newman volley versus Newport

Paul Fitzpatrick's winner after we went down to ten men against Walsall, Keith Curle was sent off but we simply wouldn't let the chaps lose and bellowed our support non stop and sucked Paul's winner into the net

The silence when Bury scored a late winner on a tuesday night, you could hear the net rippling it was so quiet

The thrill of walking into the stand, finding your mates and feeling the pre match buzz

West Ham trying to get in during a midweek game...

Walshy hitting the post in the league cup semi final last minute

Paul Randall flicking the V sign at us after scoring for Roverzzz

Archie Stephens getting 90 mins of abuse when he came back with Middlesborough

...just some of my memories of growing up in the East End...it's funny how you don't realise how important those days were to you until you think of the glorious old stand not being there anymore.

Happy days...

A lot of good memories Brewster, most of which I remember witnessing from the Enclosure. (I wasn't an East Ender. Preferred to watch from the Enclosure from above the old tunnel.)

One memory that has stuck in my mind (which you don't mention) is Jan Mollers Penalty save v Newport County. From finger tips to toes, he seemed to have the entire East End covered at full stretch, not just the goal mouth. 

Maybe, this memory is better served looking toward the East End, but it's stuck with this old Enclosure lad for the last 30 years.

However, with the events at Hillsborough and the unnecessary loss of 96 lives combined with Skys dominance of TV coverage, and their influence in decision making within our beautiful game, the sport I love has changed, and personally, I fear, not for the better.

The Italic paragraph may not be East End related, but is part of the reason why The East Ends days are numbered.

We move on, maybe reluctantly, as did our forefathers in 1904, no doubt leaving behind their own memories of St Johns Lane.

We have to embrace the change as it is for the good of Bristol City FC.

What we, and our next generation of supporters have to do is ensure that, in time, their memories of the New stand eclipse our own.

Bristol City FC. One Life. One dream. One Passion

Archived