IGNORED

Botswana

Super

Lansdown has invested in the country, that's why we're going.

I fear this rules out going to Tilburg.

City have been giving out p45's to staff, like George Osbourne they are making cuts, and this be somewhere you won't get to on easy jet.

The communty trust is a charidee. That charidee would be better off running a football tournament in the park here for kids in its real community.

Five pillars and all that guff.

City have been giving out p45's to staff, like George Osbourne they are making cuts, and this be somewhere you won't get to on easy jet.

The communty trust is a charidee. That charidee would be better off running a football tournament in the park here for kids in its real community.

Five pillars and all that guff.

They already run loads if things like that in the summer

I get that this will benefit Botswana, with the club sharing resources and skills in local communities, but how will it benefit us? Sure it may raise the African profile of the club, but without any likelihood of a revenue stream what is the point, apart from entertaining the whim of our chairman?

I get that this will benefit Botswana, with the club sharing resources and skills in local communities, but how will it benefit us? Sure it may raise the African profile of the club, but without any likelihood of a revenue stream what is the point, apart from entertaining the whim of our chairman?

Zero benefit.

I might go for a couple of days. I will not go with a tour group though! Advise others to do the same.

I want to go to but would travel independently.

What a shame the club have "African Adventures" involved who will no doubt want to make a profit. Would've been a nice gesture if City could partially fund part of the trip as let's be honest no more than 50 will be going.

Looking after the "links" in Botswana instead of our loyal fans is disappointing.

How much is this likely to cost for fans? Got to be honest i quite fancy it but im planning on madagascar this year too so funds are tiiiiight. Whats the wildlife like in botswana also?

Many tour companies will rinse you. % on that with % on the % they put on the %. Better to DIY and save hundreds.

Spent months in the area annoying the locals with requests to hunt crocs with a torch at night.

If you really want to see wildlife Chobe in the North of Botswanna is Champions league.

But back to football, what is the point? Red Lechwe Antelope will have bags of pace but will never get back goal side.

How much is this likely to cost for fans? Got to be honest i quite fancy it but im planning on madagascar this year too so funds are tiiiiight. Whats the wildlife like in botswana also?

Flown to Malawi and South Africa at a similar time of year before, and wasn't cheap.

No problem with us doing a trip there, and they'll certainly get 'warm weather' training.  And they'll not find themselves distracted by the night-life like they might in Portugal or Spain, that's for sure.

• Admin

I certainly hope this is not the case!!!

Surely this proves that the Willem friendly could be arranged now and details given out?

Completely bemused why we would go on this trip, zero benefit to the team, hardly going to get any significant financial benefit from going.

Why a "Bristol City" community trust feels the need to go out there is baffling to.

Surely plenty of work needs doing in and around this area where potential future supporters and investment CAN be achieved.

Unfortunately as others have put above, there is only one person and one reason we are going

Completely bemused why we would go on this trip, zero benefit to the team, hardly going to get any significant financial benefit from going.

Why a "Bristol City" community trust feels the need to go out there is baffling to.

Unfortunately as others have put above, there is only one person and one reason we are going

Quite right, it's a complete waste of time with no benefit to the football team whatsoever. As for the Community Trust, has this become an annual jolly?

Pity he couldn't have roped in Bristol Rugby Club or Guernsey FC to go instead.

Probably a tad harsh to suggest the trip is all about one man. Why would or could there not be a longer term vision for Africa to yield support, player talent, a 'reserve' team and training camp... All of which could theoretically provide revenue. That said patience is not something our Chairman has demonstrated of late so perhaps all the more reason for us to give him the benefit of the doubt on Botswana.

It's a very up and coming part of Africa, i remember seeing a programme about the development there.

Yeah Gabs as it is known is developed by Afican standards v other close African capitals. That still means most of its inhabitants can barely afford to leave Botswanna let alone start supporting Wurzel.

Surely this proves that the Willem friendly could be arranged now and details given out?

Surely plenty of work needs doing in and around this area where potential future supporters and investment CAN be achieved.

The community trust is big, They have enough staff to cope with Botswana and continue training in Bristol with local sessions as they usually do

It's helping the less fortunate community who may not be able to have an opportunity for these coaching sessions, I can see why the club would do this, Very good PR, Not many other clubs have a tour to Africa, Why? Because they are only interested in the money

I thought City fans were against Modern Football, I think it's great that they are giving back to the community who would rarely watch or play football, Just because we won't make any money from the trip doesn't mean it's not worthwhile

Archived