IGNORED

Botswana

Super

...forget the football its gotta be cash related... 

Don't suppose the club has received a letter relating to several million $$'s sitting in a forgotten account belonging to the National Botswana Treacle Mining Co ?  :)

All they needed was a UK/Channel Island based bank account to arrange transfer of said funds, but being clever we're sending over a mob of Bristol boot-boys to make sure there's no funny business going on, or someone balls are gonna get a proper kicking. 

• Admin

The community trust is big, They have enough staff to cope with Botswana and continue training in Bristol with local sessions as they usually do

It's helping the less fortunate community who may not be able to have an opportunity for these coaching sessions, I can see why the club would do this, Very good PR, Not many other clubs have a tour to Africa, Why? Because they are only interested in the money

I thought City fans were against Modern Football, I think it's great that they are giving back to the community who would rarely watch or play football, Just because we won't make any money from the trip doesn't mean it's not worthwhile

But why Botswana?

Not so much the community thing, but to drag the squad half way across the world, making it practically unaffordable for anyone to go and support them. Let the community trust go out there. We can't even name any opposition yet, which is very odd when announcing a pre season tour.

What about all the less fortunate in and around this area? The amount of money to send everyone out there must be massive, not bad for a club making cut backs left, right and centre.

But ultimately what is a bit of PR going to get us as a club? I suspect very little

How much is this likely to cost for fans? Got to be honest i quite fancy it but im planning on madagascar this year too so funds are tiiiiight. Whats the wildlife like in botswana also?

If you can go the extra mile then just north of Botswana is Tanzania. The wildlife there is pretty much unsurpassable. The Ngorogoro crater is incredible. Should you wish to go wildlife spotting anywhere in Africa I would advocate booking trips while there to avoid vastly inflated costs. You can also haggle. Check company names online if you go to avoid handing over cash and then finding no one turns up as can happen.

But why Botswana?

Not so much the community thing, but to drag the squad half way across the world, making it practically unaffordable for anyone to go and support them. Let the community trust go out there. We can't even name any opposition yet, which is very odd when announcing a pre season tour.

What about all the less fortunate in and around this area? The amount of money to send everyone out there must be massive, not bad for a club making cut backs left, right and centre.

But ultimately what is a bit of PR going to get us as a club? I suspect very little

The community trust will work with both communities, Half will go to Botswana and half will stay, I have no idea why they feel the need to send the squad but it might be a bit of an eye opener for some of the squad, Also training in the heat could be beneficial

PR could help bring younger players in, If we become a well known team players will see us as an attractive club

The community trust will work with both communities, Half will go to Botswana and half will stay, I have no idea why they feel the need to send the squad but it might be a bit of an eye opener for some of the squad, Also training in the heat could be beneficial

PR could help bring younger players in, If we become a well known team players will see us as an attractive club

Work permits are a nightmare if we are thinking this as a scouting opportunity as well.

Load of tosh, waste of time and money, no doubt like many people with SL's financial clout, there is some additional tax benefits in investing in charities.

If we really want to help the community help about local based schemes for local kids, how about we actually play some more local teams which will help boost their coffers,

All about PR

I'd imagine this being the brainchild of SL, this will be underwritten by him too?

I would hope so. It just seems sometimes the club is a business and we are paying customers and have to take cuts in service and staff, and at other times the club is a football club for the community and we are all one big happy fans family. The lines seem to blur when it suits.

Load of tosh, waste of time and money, no doubt like many people with SL's financial clout, there is some additional tax benefits in investing in charities.

If we really want to help the community help about local based schemes for local kids, how about we actually play some more local teams which will help boost their coffers,

All about PR

Good lord you're a ******* hoot you are.

Archived