IGNORED

Botswana

Super

See my post with all the videos and BCCT website link, That stuff will still be going on as the Community trust has many people working for it

It's just an opportunity to help out a community that won't have an opportunity to be coached football properly, It also enhances the reputation of the trust if the trips go well and they have positive reviews

Sorry - still don't get it.

Yes, of course there will be existing 'stuff' going on, but these 'other people' on the trip would be better employed expanding their efforts in the local community and trying to increase our attendances and revenue by effectively 'selling' the club and it's community spirit to those who might actually be able to attend and be an ongoing part of the club (future fans etc).

I can't envisage a future where the people of Botswana are contributing to the Bristol City community.

See my post with all the videos and BCCT website link, That stuff will still be going on as the Community trust has many people working for it

What you are listing there chief is not during the school holidays. That was term time coaching post school.

The community trust do run coaching during the school holidays but its pretty clear you don't actually know the sketch to really post about it.

What you are listing there chief is not during the school holidays. That was term time coaching post school.

The community trust do run coaching during the school holidays but its pretty clear you don't actually know the sketch to really post about it.

You are right, I don't know when they run every session, The thing is they do run sessions, During holidays, During school time and players do attend

All of which you said didn't happen, I have proven with the videos and link that it does happen

THIS IS HOW THE TRUST WILL GAIN REPUTATION

The trust offers coaching courses, For young people looking to start coaching and want a career in coaching will see this link and think I'll go with them, Why?

Because working with different cultures, Languages and conditions always looks good on a CV, You do the coaching course with the Trust, You get to know the people who already work with the trust and you never know where it can take you

I'm looking at a coaching course with the trust and wouldn't mind heading to Botswana in the future if the Community trust still do these trips, Look at that Helping me part of the Bristol community and helping the Botswanan community

So with an enhanced reputation working in countries like Botswana can encourage non Bristol City fans to use the coaching system at the trust to help them in a coaching career, Especially if you have had no Professional football experience

You are right, I don't know when they run every session, The thing is they do run sessions, During holidays, During school time and players do attend

All of which you said didn't happen, I have proven with the videos and link that it does happen

You make this posting stuff a hard trip. No specifics see, vague.

Stay calm. It was obvious you didn't know about "stuff". Check my posts again I informed YOU of the venues.

The players BARELY attend these sessions. Ask the parents of the kids who attend them. Month on month Community trust coaching sessions at places like Keynsham see no XI players attend them ... That is not made up stuff, its fact.

There above is something for BCFC and its Community trust to focus on, the grass roots here not those of a Country with deserts and salt pans.

You make this posting stuff a hard trip. No specifics see, vague.

Stay calm. It was obvious you didn't know about "stuff". Check my posts again I informed YOU of the venues.

The players BARELY attend these sessions. Ask the parents of the kids who attend them. Month on month Community trust coaching sessions at places like Keynsham see no XI players attend them ... That is not made up stuff, its fact.

There above is something for BCFC and its Community trust to focus on, the grass roots here not those of a Country with deserts and salt pans.

See my post and you'll see how it can help, For the trust, It could potentially make the trust a fair bit of money, Whilst helping our community get more qualified coaches, Part of an FA plan if I'm correct

The above will not be able to happen when they are away in Botswana, As there will be no games, Also the club have done that with my Football Club I played for as a kid and many teams come along to be flag bearers, My Football Team also got contacted by the club after playing in the cup final if they wanted to be flag bearers

Just because they don't publicise it doesn't mean this work doesn't go on

THIS IS HOW THE TRUST WILL GAIN REPUTATION

The trust offers coaching courses, For young people looking to start coaching and want a career in coaching will see this link and think I'll go with them, Why?

Because working with different cultures, Languages and conditions always looks good on a CV, You do the coaching course with the Trust, You get to know the people who already work with the trust and you never know where it can take you

I'm looking at a coaching course with the trust and wouldn't mind heading to Botswana in the future if the Community trust still do these trips, Look at that Helping me part of the Bristol community and helping the Botswanan community

So with an enhanced reputation working in countries like Botswana can encourage non Bristol City fans to use the coaching system at the trust to help them in a coaching career, Especially if you have had no Professional football experience

It would be nice if people like yourself went to Africa to simply help out, however as i previously said its more ab9ut the induvidual and what they get out of it rather than the african communities.

Someone askee above what I do, I do unpaid work in my local community, I help out with a variety of things. It actually costs me time and money and I get nothing out of it apart from the satisfication it gives me by helping others improve their lives.

I just think people should concentrate on helping their own before helping other countries. The community trust seem to be doing w good job, if the african trip money was used to help grass roots football in Bristol then they wouod be a even better job.

There is still many local clubs without proper changing facilities, without equipment and even without goal posts kits qualified coaches etc. Surely we should be sorting this before moving on to problems in africa?

It would be nice if people like yourself went to Africa to simply help out, however as i previously said its more ab9ut the induvidual and what they get out of it rather than the african communities.

Someone askee above what I do, I do unpaid work in my local community, I help out with a variety of things. It actually costs me time and money and I get nothing out of it apart from the satisfication it gives me by helping others improve their lives.

I just think people should concentrate on helping their own before helping other countries. The community trust seem to be doing w good job, if the african trip money was used to help grass roots football in Bristol then they wouod be a even better job.

There is still many local clubs without proper changing facilities, without equipment and even without goal posts kits qualified coaches etc. Surely we should be sorting this before moving on to problems in africa?

I agree that all of those things need sorting, But the benefits I posted for young coaches going on this trip, Especially with experienced coaches and people who have been before, Will help the local community when they return as they can get into coaching at a local club

But, The money for this trip will be funded by SL, So the funds for the Trust won't be lost, Plus there will be Trust members back in Bristol to help the local community

This trip is funded by SL as it was Last year, Community Trust are not spending there funds on the trip

Very noble and good to hear our season ticket money isn't being squandered, but this raises the question of what and for whose benefit OUR team is being sent to Botswana for.

Would Cotts out of choice do a tour of Botswana? Doubt it.

The players? Suspect they'd prefer South Africa, not Africa Africa.

The fans? I'd say I'd be on fairly safe ground to hypothesise that of any with an opinion, given a vote of Botswana, or, lets just say for example, Belgium, there'd be a landslide 100% vote for Flanders.

In summary, there is just something about this that doesn't feel right, to me.

Lansdown is the main reason behind this trip, He has contacts over there, He's paying for it

But as fans we only miss out on a couple of games that many wouldn't see anyway

Yes get that. But what is the benefit, to Bristol City?

But do you not think that many hundreds of years ago our country would have been in simular situations, yet we built this country into what it is now. And my point is maybe the well off africans should do more to help their fellow countrymen before we go off helping them. There is many children, families and elderly in povety in this country, the nhs is in debt, the whole country is in debt yet here we are giving money away to others. We should do more to get our house in order before starying on someone elses house in another country. Is their problems really our problem when we have our own problems? Would this people who go to help over in africa be so kean about going to help out on a council estate in say Stoke where the only wildlife they will see is foxes.

I'm almost speechless. You seem to have forgot the BNP/NF links.

See my post about the Trust and how it can help the Bristol community...

I did.

The Club are sending the team to Africa but are not going to Keynsham and Whitchurch to meet kids on community trust coaching days, courses, check with the parents, as interneteers like to say its fakt ... That IS uneven.

The Bristol City Community trust would do more in a week with a big gig here in Ashton Park during the school holidays backed up by players to help the Bristol community than it will in Gaberone, Botswanna, Africa.

In a week they could train coaches, run tournaments, run coaching sessions, skills schools, street football, futsal and have contact with x's of LOCAL kids.

The same reason for the Spain, Portugal, Scotland and Latvia trips

I might be wrong but those didn't happen under the community trust/charity banner did they. I thought they were pre-season tours to prepare for, well, pre-season?

Archived