IGNORED

Ryan Taylor (Merged)

BounceAroundJosh

So, as I thought we're lining up a permanent deal for Barnett. Paying a fee for a 28 yr old that we're unlikely to see a profit made on. Doesn't fit in with our current recruitment policy.

Someone will say Harewood I'm sure but he was free and it was only a year contract on the cheap.

If he scores loads of goals, plays really well and really impresses us, then his prices goes up, big clubs come in for him, people will complain why didn't we agree a fee before hand.

Can't win can you.

Well you can, you can agree a fee like we did, then only an idiot will complain.

What does the recruitment policy actually state? Does it say "never pay a fee for a player over 25" or is it more along the lines of "avoid paying a fee for a player over 25"? If it's the latter then there's no problem as the policy allows for some signings. If it's the former then, yes, it does contradict the policy but it would be suicidal to follow that policy to the letter with the current squad.

The time to adopt the policy (as with so much else implemented recently) was around 2009 when the squad had plenty of experienced pros and could sustain itself at Championship level without addition. The sensible thing to do now is get back to that sort of level (which doesn't take ridiculous expenditure as Johnson hadn't spent excessively by that point) then take the correct course of action.

It actually says older pro's being signed will be the exception rather then the norm, which it is currently,

KiR is just using it to have another pop at SC its getting rather sad really

According to Stockhausen on twitter SC has revealed that one more player after Taylor will go out

Got to be James Wilson, surely?

I think Taylor will go to someone like Burton - they've just got rid of Rene Howe who was their target man. Just putting two and two together.

It actually says older pro's being signed will be the exception rather then the norm, which it is currently,

KiR is just using it to have another pop at SC its getting rather sad really

Totally Agree! As long as we are getting value for money. Or as long as we are not paying excessive fees. Then I don't think your average fan without an agenda would care less!

Got to be James Wilson, surely?

I think Taylor will go to someone like Burton - they've just got rid of Rene Howe who was their target man. Just putting two and two together.

I think we may have to pay up his contract and he'll end up dropping down to the gas

Totally Agree! As long as we are getting value for money. Or as long as we are not paying excessive fees. Then I don't think your average fan without an agenda would care less!

Yes, add me to the list in agreement. Obviously there is sense in looking to add for the future and recruiting such players, but at the moment we need some emphasis on the here and now. We need experience to really make a fight and get moving up the table. Youngsters cannot do it on their own no matter how much we might want them too, it wouldn't be a fair ask. Once we are safe we can review the situation in time for the summer.

They already have one ginger striker, they don't need two!

Nope. Still won't make me a Gashead. I'd hate for him to go there. Wilson? Yup, he can if he's that desperate, I think I have seen less of him than Taylor. Agent Wilson? Could work.

SC just said this on twitter, "Ryan Taylor isn't with us today. He could be signing for another club, we'll wait and see."

I'm sure Ryan Taylor is a nice bloke but quite simply he has not been good enough. I for one am very happy to see this happen sooner rather than later for both parties.

If he scores loads of goals, plays really well and really impresses us, then his prices goes up, big clubs come in for him, people will complain why didn't we agree a fee before hand.

Can't win can you.

Well you can, you can agree a fee like we did, then only an idiot will complain.

Great response Tins. Hate to be personal be Kid in the Riot really does love a moan!

The club is finally getting a feeling of long overdue positivity... enjoy it!!!

Taylor had mutch injuries dont think he have cuold make a real chance. He was the best player in Rotherham, therefore we signed him. The lad has have no good luck, I wish him well in the feautre.

He certainly wasn't Rotherham s best player. Adam le fondre is 10 times the player, they had many better players. After all he was not really first choice their, and only got back in the team after being farmed out to Exeter due to injuries.

Was always a weird signing, and his injury record and actual ability really make you wonder what we ever saw in him.

Archived