IGNORED

Ryan Taylor (Merged)

BounceAroundJosh

I'm pretty sure it doesn't state "we will NEVER sign players over 25" like you say that would be daft, I am merely pointing out that this signing is one that doesn't fit in and aside from Harewood (which isn't quite the same for reasons already stated) and Fielding who was JUST 25 when he signed SOD didn't make any signings like Barnett so this appears so be the start of a slight change in direction IMO. Osborne just over 25 as well actually but cost nothing to be fair.

Gillett is 28, O'Connor 29.  I know they are loans, but they were brought in by SOD and in the case of Gillett likely to become permanent.

Just read on another thread that in 2 and a half years here he made just 42 appearances and scored just 2 goals. I knew it was bad but didn't realise just how bad. Definitely time he tried his luck at another club. I don't want to think how much money that has cost us. Shocked.

Just read on another thread that in 2 and a half years here he made just 42 appearances and scored just 2 goals. I knew it was bad but didn't realise just how bad. Definitely time he tried his luck at another club. I don't want to think how much money that has cost us. Shocked.

Only ever started 18 league games for us.

I always think strikers should score goals regardless of being a "target man" or not. Championship he was found out and not pacey enough but could be a handful in league 1 if he sorts his injuries out and gets a run in a team. Should do ok in league 2 I think. Never the less a good professional who didn't whinge about being on the bench and gave his all when he came on.

Nice to see a player hungry for first team football rather than be happy with sat on the bench, so good luck to him I say.

I also wish him well but I do find it staggering that in a sport with so much competition players like him get a contract so easily. I suppose on paper he can say he was a Championship player even if his stats don't back that up. We have defenders who have shown more goals and assists than him. But fair play if someone is eager to offer him a contract then of course he is going to take it.

Did we get any dollar for Taylor or did pompey get him on a free?

It appears he asked to go/terminate his contract so saved on wages, which I'd imagine to the end of his contract adds up to a fair amount.

It appears he asked to go/terminate his contract so saved on wages, which I'd imagine to the end of his contract adds up to a fair amount.

And regardless of his lack of impact here the fact he'd sever his ties, forsaking a pay off, is laudable.

I wish the lad no ill will; think his moving here was a step or two too far.  

Hope he does well in the rest of his career.

Scored on his debut for Portsmouth. Saw the goal on Sky - it looked like good control and shot. I hope the Portsmouth fans don't get too excited and think they've got a new goal scorer. That said, it would be nice if he proves everybody wrong and scores a few as he always gave 100%

Scored on his debut for Portsmouth. Saw the goal on Sky - it looked like good control and shot. I hope the Portsmouth fans don't get too excited and think they've got a new goal scorer. That said, it would be nice if he proves everybody wrong and scores a few as he always gave 100%

He scored? Max fixing going on here surely?

Archived