IGNORED

Ryan Taylor (Merged)

BounceAroundJosh

• Admin

SC just said this on twitter, "Ryan Taylor isn't with us today. He could be signing for another club, we'll wait and see."

Honestly believe that Barnett is a replacement for Taylor anyway.

Maybe Taylor never settled in the South and wants to go back oop North?

Have we ever had a player be on the bench near enough every game, under 4 different managers, before?!

One of the most underwhelming players I've watched. Just watching his shooting practice during the warm up is enough. Ball literally rolls straight to the keeper.

Have we ever had a player be on the bench near enough every game, under 4 different managers, before?!

One of the most underwhelming players I've watched. Just watching his shooting practice during the warm up is enough. Ball literally rolls straight to the keeper.

Brett Pitman must be up there, unfortunately.

Squad Saturday becomes a bit interesting and competitive

guesses  ?

my guess unless we make more signings or we have undeclared injuries !!

Parish ,

Osbourne, Flint, Williams,

wagstaff cunningham

Gilette,Reid,Elliott

Jet, Baldock

bench

Fielding

Bryan 

Moloney

Pack

Barnett

Burns/Carey

Fontaine

He had terrible luck with injury problems since he has been here so has never really featured. I see his Rotherham striking partner might be leaving Reading, maybe Taylor isn't leaving us but off to talk Le Fondre into joining!!!

Shame to see him leave even though he hasn't got goals in him, but he is a ginger and we are a bit short on them at the moment!

Very very average. Woeful strike rate. Hold up play can be described as hit or miss, sometimes good, sometimes trampoline like. Not entirely sure what people saw in the guy. Just not good enough consistently enough and offered zero goal threat.

So, as I thought we're lining up a permanent deal for Barnett. Paying a fee for a 28 yr old that we're unlikely to see a profit made on. Doesn't fit in with our current recruitment policy.

Someone will say Harewood I'm sure but he was free and it was only a year contract on the cheap.

linked with Luke Varney and he's 32 !!!

For the first part of your post James Wilson ,take a bow !

So, as I thought we're lining up a permanent deal for Barnett. Paying a fee for a 28 yr old that we're unlikely to see a profit made on. Doesn't fit in with our current recruitment policy.

Someone will say Harewood I'm sure but he was free and it was only a year contract on the cheap.

How do you know this?

Are you on the board?

Or is it you HAVE to be negative because it is not what you want.............??

We've agreed a fee with Posh and have first refusal to sign him permanently this summer. Therefore we've lined up a perm deal for him and will be paying a fee. Got it?

Might not be as bad thing if he does well for us.

Best of both worlds really; if he's awful we can get rid, no loss, but if he's quality we don't run the risk of losing him.

Don't really see the problem.

What does the recruitment policy actually state? Does it say "never pay a fee for a player over 25" or is it more along the lines of "avoid paying a fee for a player over 25"? If it's the latter then there's no problem as the policy allows for some signings. If it's the former then, yes, it does contradict the policy but it would be suicidal to follow that policy to the letter with the current squad.

The time to adopt the policy (as with so much else implemented recently) was around 2009 when the squad had plenty of experienced pros and could sustain itself at Championship level without addition. The sensible thing to do now is get back to that sort of level (which doesn't take ridiculous expenditure as Johnson hadn't spent excessively by that point) then take the correct course of action.

Might not be as bad thing if he does well for us.

Best of both worlds really; if he's awful we can get rid, no loss, but if he's quality we don't run the risk of losing him.

Don't really see the problem.

Because you don't have an agenda.

What does the recruitment policy actually state? Does it say "never pay a fee for a player over 25" or is it more along the lines of "avoid paying a fee for a player over 25"? If it's the latter then there's no problem as the policy allows for some signings. If it's the former then, yes, it does contradict the policy but it would be suicidal to follow that policy to the letter with the current squad.

The time to adopt the policy (as with so much else implemented recently) was around 2009 when the squad had plenty of experienced pros and could sustain itself at Championship level without addition. The sensible thing to do now is get back to that sort of level (which doesn't take ridiculous expenditure as Johnson hadn't spent excessively by that point) then take the correct course of action.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't state "we will NEVER sign players over 25" like you say that would be daft, I am merely pointing out that this signing is one that doesn't fit in and aside from Harewood (which isn't quite the same for reasons already stated) and Fielding who was JUST 25 when he signed SOD didn't make any signings like Barnett so this appears so be the start of a slight change in direction IMO. Osborne just over 25 as well actually but cost nothing to be fair.

Are you related to Jordan Tansley?

Just a simple "Sorry, I was wrong" will do buddy.

Archived