IGNORED

Ryan Taylor (Merged)

BounceAroundJosh

https://twitter.com/solentsport/statuses/421311601413980160

Looks legit.

Good luck to the lad; never quite got going here, but wish him well.

For those that haven't clicked the link yet there are 3 replies to this tweet. 2 asking 'who' and one saying 'proper business as we are desperate for a goal scorer'...who's going to tell them ha ha

For those that haven't clicked the link yet there are 3 replies to this tweet. 2 asking 'who' and one saying 'proper business as we are desperate for a goal scorer'...who's going to tell them ha ha

Haha!  Saw the 'WHO?' ones, not the 'Goal Scorer' one.

But, to be fair to Taylor, he has a decent record for a targetman in League Two, so might be back to his level.

Haha!  Saw the 'WHO?' ones, not the 'Goal Scorer' one.

But, to be fair to Taylor, he has a decent record for a targetman in League Two, so might be back to his level.

Yes I'd like to see him at least playing regularly after his injuries, maybe he will link up with another Le Fondre. I just don't really want him to do it for Portsmouth, don't like them.

• Admin

I may have mischievously replied.

Haha! Saw the 'WHO?' ones, not the 'Goal Scorer' one.

It depends on how you define a "decent record". He scored 23 goals in 135 games for Rotherham which is, IMO, nothing special. However he formed a great partnership with ALF and was credited with setting up a lot of his goals. Personally I think any forward should get at least 10 - 12 goals per season if they play regularly. That said, I'd make an exception if you could pair Taylor with a prolific striker such as ALF.

It depends on how you define a "decent record". He scored 23 goals in 135 games for Rotherham which is, IMO, nothing special. However he formed a great partnership with ALF and was credited with setting up a lot of his goals. Personally I think any forward should get at least 10 - 12 goals per season if they play regularly. That said, I'd make an exception if you could pair Taylor with a prolific striker such as ALF.

You have to remember tom pope, drew Broughton were also big targetmen to help alf. Taylor and these two rotated around alot while alf helped himsrlf to bucket loads. You can add paul Warne into the mix as well. Taylor was never really rated that highly up there.

Good luck Ryan.

Spoke to him on the train once coming back to Paddington. Top bloke.

Unfortunately on the pitch he looked like he had been ordered not to shoot which was a great pity because he showed he could create a goal when he came on as sub at Barnsley (?) a few seasons back. Beautiful curving left foot shot from distance.

Good luck Ryan.

Spoke to him on the train once coming back to Paddington. Top bloke.

Unfortunately on the pitch he looked like he had been ordered not to shoot which was a great pity because he showed he could create a goal when he came on as sub at Barnsley (?) a few seasons back. Beautiful curving left foot shot from distance.

Burnley it was, 1-1 draw last game of the season

Got a lot of respect for any player that will mutually terminate their contract and wave their right to a pay off to go and play football elsewhere.

Was it James Wilson last season I believe who refused to go out on loan because he was happy at city despite never playing? Could have been the season before! Or just a rumour...

Got a lot of respect for any player that will mutually terminate their contract and wave their right to a pay off to go and play football elsewhere.

Was it James Wilson last season I believe who refused to go out on loan because he was happy at city despite never playing? Could have been the season before! Or just a rumour...

Very good point if this is the case fair play to Taylor, and despite their obvious off the field problems they are still a big draw and get large gates.

Archived