IGNORED

City ' Not So Greats '

supercidered

I am a city fan for nearly forty years and am writing a book which includes some players that have been signed that to put it mildly were not great pieces of business.

I'm looking for the funny, the stupid money paid for, the just plainly ridiculous and any other player you feel needs a mention.

If you could give an example of the player's time at City then all the better as once the draft of the book is done.... I can then include your quote in the book, with your permission. I'm looking at players from the 70's onwards please.

An example for you.... Bas Savage!

Many players signed just for the quality of our physio and treatment room.

Notably Sean "call me an ambulance " Dyche,Lee "i'll be back "Matthews,Ryan "not so tough" Taylor and Paul "i used to be good believe me" Mortimer.

It would be cruel to include Steve Brooker because although crocked he did actually have an effect on the history of Bristol City.

An honourable mention goes to the countless loanees who waited until their first match to get injured with us ,hello Elokobi ,Velicki and friends.

Good luck with the world's longest book .

Tony Caldwell. Came with a pretty big reputation from Bolton but was disappointing for us and didn't last long.

Marvin Harriott. Just awful.

Remember signing Caldwell and thinking it was an unbelievable signing at the time......complete dross!

Richard Foster has to be in this book, McKop, Loss, Brian Williams, John Burns.....the list really is endless

Many players signed just for the quality of our physio and treatment room.

Notably Sean "call me an ambulance " Dyche,Lee "i'll be back "Martin ,Ryan "not so tough" Taylor and Gerard "i used to be good believe me" Mortimer.

It would be cruel to include Steve Brooker because although crocked he did actually have an effect on the history of Bristol City.

An honourable mention goes to the countless loanees who waited until their first match to get injured with us ,hello Elokobi and friends.

Good luck with the world's longest book .

Brooker should be nowhere near this book!

Dave Partridge, Julian Watts......jez, depressing just thinking about it

Remember signing Caldwell and thinking it was an unbelievable signing at the time......complete dross!

Richard Foster has to be in this book, McKop, Loss, Brian Williams, John Burns.....the list really is endless

Harsh on Brian Williams - Butane as he became known became quite a popular player. If you had said Mark Hughes or Emanual that came across from the gas  then i would have agreed with you.

wicked moustache though!!

Harsh on Brian Williams - Butane as he became known became quite a popular player. If you had said Mark Hughes or Emanual that came across from the gas  then i would have agreed with you.

Williams was shite, every time the ball went near him I panicked! The other two were before my time, never saw the really bad Div 4 days

Archived