Kilkenny

Styvar

Foster

Brian Howard

Jody Morris

Mark Wilson

Shorey

Loans of John, Agyemang, Keinan, Briggs, McGivern

Bas Savage always gave 100% and that's more than you can say for all the above other than Styvar, it's just these two didn't have the ability.

Stewart

Hunt

Kilkenny

Styvar

Foster

Brian Howard

Jody Morris

Mark Wilson

Shorey

Loans of John, Agyemang, Keinan, Briggs, McGivern

Bas Savage always gave 100% and that's more than you can say for all the above other than Styvar, it's just these two didn't have the ability.

I am not sure Keinan or Briggs or other short term loan deals fall into:

I'm looking for the funny, the stupid money paid for, the just plainly ridiculous and any other player you feel needs a mention

All signed as back up during injury problems...

Nicky Hunt's dramatic fall from grace definitely merits an inclusion, he went from a premier league regular and u21 international, that very nearly received a full international call up - to Accrington Stanley via a steep fall. He resembles a barely mobile zombie with a hunchback, it was never going to work out for him.

Andre Blackman, absolute tool. Been at numerous clubs and he's about 22, been sacked by the majority of his teams for generally being a twonk. Sacked by Gary Johnson for a string of incidents including driving with no license, 0 appearances (vaguely remember a cup game though I'm sure?)

Many players signed just for the quality of our physio and treatment room.

Notably Sean "call me an ambulance " Dyche,Lee "i'll be back "Matthews,Ryan "not so tough" Taylor and Paul "i used to be good believe me" Mortimer.

It would be cruel to include Steve Brooker because although crocked he did actually have an effect on the history of Bristol City.

An honourable mention goes to the countless loanees who waited until their first match to get injured with us ,hello Elokobi ,Velicki and friends.

Good luck with the world's longest book .

Paul Mortimer had a left leg like a wand!

Harsh on Brian Williams - Butane as he became known became quite a popular player. If you had said Mark Hughes or Emanual that came across from the gas  then i would have agreed with you.

Butane? I knew him as 'Barrel' ! But yes harsh on him. Those were the days when we couldn't afford to be fussy and he did a job for us. He can't have been that bad as I have a photo of him somewhere waving to me from the top of an open top bus, celebrating the Freight Rover cup thingy win I think. So Brian Williams was a winner for us!

Butane? I knew him as 'Barrel' ! But yes harsh on him. Those were the days when we couldn't afford to be fussy and he did a job for us. He can't have been that bad as I have a photo of him somewhere waving to me from the top of an open top bus, celebrating the Freight Rover cup thingy win I think. So Brian Williams was a winner for us!

Would have certainly raised a fortune for cheridy in Movember .

His moustache had a career of it's own.

We always knew him as Butane (heavy gas) ha

David James hasn't been mentioned yet.

Guy Madjo

Andy Smith- such a strange signing, seemed to come over from Ireland, did nothing and went back with a runners up medal!!

Michael Bridges

Grant Smith

Kevin Betsy

Loan Wise:

Alvaro Saborio

Barry Corr

Calvin Andrew

Stefan maierhofer

and the rest!

McGivern was pretty useless too, Man City? No wonder people were nervous when we went back for Cunningham!

McGivern was pretty useless too, Man City? No wonder people were nervous when we went back for Cunningham!

My only memories of McGivern is him being behind whatever right winger we were playing trying to catch him up from about 5 yards behind, possibly slowest player I've seen

Archived