IGNORED

East End Farewell (Relocation Meeting)

myol'man

Saturday April 26th, home to Crewe.

Last ever game before the East End is torn down, surely City will open up the whole end to home fans for one last time?

The East End bid farewell, when the seats replaced terracing.

What we've had since is merely a pale shadow of it's former glories.

This time it will be a proper goodbye, yes there is no terracing anymore but the place still feels unique and like it's about to collapse and crush every living person in there, even with all the changes it still feels like a special place to be. However it is now getting all done up, knocked down, rebuilt and from what I can tell it will be full of families relocating from the Atyeo.

A proper bloody farewell is needed. Don't come in the eastend on the final day if you're not prepared to go f*cking bonkers for 90 odd minutes. At least that's the way I hope it'll be! 

I'm not liking the thought of looking out at an empty eastend as I go down those steps for the last time, to me it's not just a stand, I grew up in the place! 

This time it will be a proper goodbye, yes there is no terracing anymore but the place still feels unique and like it's about to collapse and crush every living person in there, even with all the changes it still feels like a special place to be. However it is now getting all done up, knocked down, rebuilt and from what I can tell it will be full of families relocating from the Atyeo.

A proper bloody farewell is needed. Don't come in the eastend on the final day if you're not prepared to go f*cking bonkers for 90 odd minutes. At least that's the way I hope it'll be! 

I'm not liking the thought of looking out at an empty eastend as I go down those steps for the last time, to me it's not just a stand, I grew up in the place! 

Did you have a number of years in a coma when it was closed to home fans?

Tears from me. Despite being a park ender my adult life when it was open the East End will always be ashton gates heart beat and my child and youth memories were all had here

Exactly the same mate. Not sure I'll be pushed to tears but it will certainly be a very emotional day I'm sure! 

Would be nice if the club auctioned off / sold bits of the east end to raise a bit of money for a charity. I'd buy a seat as a memory. That's if all the fans in the stand don't take one home after the final whistle ;)

Saw my first game from EE in 1992 against Sunderland. Missed it being all terrace by a couple of years due to being a late starter down the Gate.

Would be nice if the club auctioned off / sold bits of the east end to raise a bit of money for a charity. I'd buy a seat as a memory. That's if all the fans in the stand don't take one home after the final whistle ;)

Saw my first game from EE in 1992 against Sunderland. Missed it being all terrace by a couple of years due to being a late starter down the Gate.

Did Marco Gabbyawhatsit score after 12 seconds in a 1-0 defeat on a cold Tuesday night?

I'm with Tiz. I will be gutted when she's levelled. As a nipper I'm the 70s the EE was an awesome sight from the safety of the old enclosure with my dad.

I know she had to go now but I might shed a tear when she's flattened.

FORZA THE MIGHTY EAST END. Never forgotten.

Personally i would enter the EE again for the first time for 25 years, i grew up in there in the 70s & it gave me the passion i have for BCFC today, might even get my old silk scarf out & a few of those horrible paper toilet rolls you used to get in the public toilets to throw at the opposing keeper! certainly hope it will be a carnival atmosphere in there, i'm sure there might even be a few tears in remembrance of the many friends who used to stand & protect the EE in the "good old days". Must go, i'm choking up already!      

However it is now getting all done up, knocked down, rebuilt and from what I can tell it will be full of families relocating from the Atyeo.

For me this is why the Away support should be shoved in the side of the Williams in the new AG instead of the Atyeo. Otherwise the new EE might well be a conflict between old EastEnders and displaced Atyeo supporters. 

Archived