IGNORED

East End Farewell (Relocation Meeting)

myol'man

For me this is why the Away support should be shoved in the side of the Williams in the new AG instead of the Atyeo. Otherwise the new EE might well be a conflict between old EastEnders and displaced Atyeo supporters.

Traditionally away fans go in the worst quality stand in a stadium, would be silly to put them in our brand spanking new Williams stand as opposed to the corner of the Atyeo.

Traditionally away fans go in the worst quality stand in a stadium, would be silly to put them in our brand spanking new Williams stand as opposed to the corner of the Atyeo.

True but I feel we have two different types of support in both behind goal stands. At the moment the EE has it's type and the Atyeo has lots of families. May not work if they both want to be behind the goal in a revamped AG.

I'm trying to get a few mates to go , they don't go down much now, one I met on the EE  nearly 40 years ago. 

Always stood in the same place , same barrier.  I hope the club do something to mark the occasion. Stick any Crewe supporters in the front of the Dolman and give the whole stand over to us would be a start. 

Saw my first ever City games from the EE as a wee nipper - games against such giants of the old 4th Division as Halifax, Aldershot & Chester. Was in there for the 3-0 win v. Hereford in '86 in the Freight Rover and - my first ever season of going without parental supervision! - what still ranks as my favourite ever season, the great '89/'90 season, including the great FA Cup games v. Swindle & Chelsea. Amazing atmosphere behind the goal back in the day.

Could be tempted by a last-ever appearance - as long as we can sing "One man went to burn", "My old man, said be a rovers fan" etc etc :chant6ez:

For me this is why the Away support should be shoved in the side of the Williams in the new AG instead of the Atyeo. Otherwise the new EE might well be a conflict between old EastEnders and displaced Atyeo supporters. 

Exactly this. I have mentioned this in the stadium forum. Why not put away fans in the corner of the Williams by the atyeo. Keep both ends for home fans.

That should be the mantra anyway. Over the last couple of years there are plenty of people who go in the east end and don't make a sound, I don't understand it myself if you just want to watch the game its not exactly the prime view isit!

There have always been people over decades in the stand who were not vocal, thousands in its heyday. Those who worked to get the stand open again used the ideal of a stand for anybody.

That should be the mantra anyway. Over the last couple of years there are plenty of people who go in the east end and don't make a sound, I don't understand it myself if you just want to watch the game its not exactly the prime view isit!

exactly that cider r.i wouldn't want that view if i didnt want to make noise and create an atmosphere.the eastend is not a pla for just watching and being boring.

People go in the EE for many reasons. Cost , it is cheaper than the other stands. Un-reservered seats ,you can always sit with mates, and not forgetting you can stand up without getting hassled.

If they give all the EE over to us , it will allow the singers to get behind the goal  , like it used to be. 

It would be nice to see the place packed one last time , if done right the quieter ones could get dragged along with the atmosphere.

Yes we used to stand just left of the goal as you looked out about ten steps back.......it used to be gert mint. 1970 to 1980 then I left and became a park ender apprenticeship complete ready for active service at the rock face

We're looking to hold a meeting at AG in the next few weeks to discuss what we do to mark the end of the EE era, and also to look at issues surrounding relocation of fans from that stand for next season. I'll post the date on here when we know when it's going to take place. All will be welcome and we'll be keen to hear your views.

Archived