IGNORED

East End Farewell (Relocation Meeting)

myol'man

We're looking to hold a meeting at AG in the next few weeks to discuss what we do to mark the end of the EE era, and also to look at issues surrounding relocation of fans from that stand for next season. I'll post the date on here when we know when it's going to take place. All will be welcome and we'll be keen to hear your views.

Sounds good.

We Started compiling questions using this and other threads:

• Is there scope to provide unreserved areas in a stand e.g Williams E-F?
  • Will any current Eastend prices be reflected in another stand e.g. areas next to a building site?
  • Souvenir seats. Will these have a price?
  • Will there be a commemorative programme v Crewe? Could this feature pictures of fans flags etc v Swindon?
  • Would the club consider selling some commemorative memorabilia e.g Robin badge with profits going towards flags or artwork?
  • Will the area in front of the building work feature advertising, or could this be used for fans flags/artwork on boards?
  • If a significant number of fans move into the Williams stand E-F would it be possible to move artwork on boards from the Eastend into the concourse?

And so on it will proceed.

http://www.whenthemoonshines.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1609#entry11977

Is this just me?

I want to remember the EE as it used to be, a seathing mass of people when it was standing. The modern day EE is good but not a patch on the EE as it was. The people are the memories, not just the structure IMHO.

Yes, I will be gutted to see it go but aren't the memories what we are comemorating, not the building?

The East end to me was not just an end, it was an attitude, that can be replicated in the new East end if the people want it to happen. It won't be the same but surely a modern day version?

Today, the mighty east end is waaaayyy past it's sell by date and would probably fall down if it wasn't knocked down. Celebrate the attitude of the east end and take it into the new one rather than mourn the passing of a building that should have been knocked down in 1991.

It can't be the end but has to be a new beginning?

Sounds good. We Started compiling questions using this and other threads:

• Is there scope to provide unreserved areas in a stand e.g Williams E-F?
  • Will any current Eastend prices be reflected in another stand e.g. areas next to a building site?
  • Souvenir seats. Will these have a price?
  • Will there be a commemorative programme v Crewe? Could this feature pictures of fans flags etc v Swindon?
  • Would the club consider selling some commemorative memorabilia e.g Robin badge with profits going towards flags or artwork?
  • Will the area in front of the building work feature advertising, or could this be used for fans flags/artwork on boards?
  • If a significant number of fans move into the Williams stand E-F would it be possible to move artwork on boards from the Eastend into the concourse?
And so on it will proceed. http://www.whenthemoonshines.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1609#entry11977
Sounds to me like: "Will the club actually collaborate with its supporters?" is the underlying question.

Sounds to me like: "Will the club actually collaborate with its supporters?" is the underlying question.

David Lloyd has already answered that question earlier in the thread. Yes.

Got to admit I've been impressed with the recent goings on behind the scenes, the club need to keep it up thought.

Just to confirm that we will be holding a meeting for all interested parties in the Premier Suite restaurant in the Williams Stand at 7pm on Thursday 6th February. The bar will be open from 6.30. Enter via the Directors entrance. It's an opportunity for club officials to hear from you, and a chance for us to all work together to find the best possible solution for next season.

If you are not able to attend in person, try and find someone who can raise any particular concerns you might have. A few of the key issues have been raised earlier in the thread, and we're well aware of those.

We've yet to make any decisions about who will go where next season, and this meeting will be really helpful.

This meeting will be for those currently in the East End. We will be holding further meetings in the very near future for other supporters who may have to move seats next season to make sure that everyone is fully consulted.

Just to confirm that we will be holding a meeting for all interested parties in the Premier Suite restaurant in the Williams Stand at 7pm on Thursday 6th February. The bar will be open from 6.30. Enter via the Directors entrance. It's an opportunity for club officials to hear from you, and a chance for us to all work together to find the best possible solution for next season.

If you are not able to attend in person, try and find someone who can raise any particular concerns you might have. A few of the key issues have been raised earlier in the thread, and we're well aware of those.

We've yet to make any decisions about who will go where next season, and this meeting will be really helpful.

This meeting will be for those currently in the East End. We will be holding further meetings in the very near future for other supporters who may have to move seats next season to make sure that everyone is fully consulted.

Will there also be dicussuions on how to mark the end of the ee era? Would be great to have the whole stand and do our best to make it a loud and very special occasion.

Sounds good though Dave, cheers.

Most lads don't wear replica shirts in the EE so I can't see that happening for the last ever game, plus it wouldn't of happened 30 plus years ago.

Scarfs in April?

The flags are currently waved in the corner and sometimes at the back because we only have 3 or 4 blocks and the lads that wave them are from either of the corner blocks.

I'm pretty sure as long as it's full it'll be fine and a fitting send off.

Sadly I can't make it as previously mentioned so I'll be saying farewell the home game before.

These shirts aren't City replica shirts. They were plain red and white t-shirts that were given to fans in the ground at Highbury. It had the date written on the front of the grounds existence or whatever?

The scarfs I can understand but you never know, this is Britain! We've had snow in May before :laughcont:

May i ask if any Fans parliament reps or reps of the Supporters club and trust will be attending this meeting to take notes or give input?

If none of them are going they should be informing openly those they represent they are not.

Relocation isn't a trivial matter and various stands will have disruption with fans moving in and out
of areas.

• Admin

May i ask if any Fans parliament reps or reps of the Supporters club and trust will be attending this meeting to take notes or give input?

If none of them are going they should be informing openly those they represent they are not.

Relocation isn't a trivial matter and various stands will have disruption with fans moving in and out

of areas.

Surely only the FP for the EE need attend ?

Dave L already mentioned that their will be further liaison in the future for other stands

Surely only the FP for the EE need attend ?

Dave L already mentioned that their will be further liaison in the future for other stands

We could be waiting a while for them to turn up as there is no rep for the EE ;)

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/fans/Fans_Parliament.aspx

Wedlock Stand

Vacant

Vacant

That said it is a fair point that people from the EE will be moving in to other stands and some in the Atyeo may be moving

so it does it does crossover for FP reps to be aware/involved over their stand they represent.

So say IF a fair few from the EE move to the Williams then they may then need to attend a Williams meeting at some point?

It all crosses over...

• Admin

Indeed it does knock on, but this is what Dave L put in his last blog http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20140130-dlblog-1327880.aspx , I guess that I may have mis-interpreted what he meant

With the likely demolition of the Wedlock Stand in May and the probable relocation of away supporters to the Atyeo Stand, there will inevitably be some big changes to where some people sit next year. 

With this in mind we have arranged a meeting with current season ticket holders in the Wedlock stand for next Thursday (February 6th) at 7pm in the Premier Suite (Williams stand - access via the Directors entrance). This will give us an opportunity to discuss next season, as well as plans to mark the end of the current stand. 

In the very near future we will also be holding meetings with areas of other parts of the ground that might be affected by the first phase of the redevelopment, notably those in the Atyeo. 

We will make sure we consult fully with all of our fans, and that together we can negotiate our way through the major upheaval that is coming our way over the next couple of years.

To clarify. This meeting is intended for current EE supporters who want to talk about how we can best mark the end of the current stand, and where we can relocate you next year. Anyone who has an interest in this is welcome to attend. We have had some initial thoughts on this, but we are very keen to hear your views before anything is finalised. Hope to see as many of you there next Thursday as possible. The bar will be open from 6.30.

Indeed it does knock on, but this is what Dave L put in his last blog http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20140130-dlblog-1327880.aspx , I guess that I may have mis-interpreted what he meant

With the likely demolition of the Wedlock Stand in May and the probable relocation of away supporters to the Atyeo Stand, there will inevitably be some big changes to where some people sit next year. 

With this in mind we have arranged a meeting with current season ticket holders in the Wedlock stand for next Thursday (February 6th) at 7pm in the Premier Suite (Williams stand - access via the Directors entrance). This will give us an opportunity to discuss next season, as well as plans to mark the end of the current stand. 

In the very near future we will also be holding meetings with areas of other parts of the ground that might be affected by the first phase of the redevelopment, notably those in the Atyeo. 

We will make sure we consult fully with all of our fans, and that together we can negotiate our way through the major upheaval that is coming our way over the next couple of years.

Surely its better to have away fans either dolman or Williams and not behind the goal by the tunnel! Will give the other team more of an advantage.

Archived