IGNORED

Puffing On Electronic Fags In The Stands

Pickle Rick

This is like cigarettes all over again, i predict that in 10-15 years time, E-vaps will be getting banned left, right and centre for the deadly toxins it contains and deposits to others! They may be a 'healthier' alternative to cigarettes, but thats not saying much! So little is known about E-vaps, which has to be considered! I would hate to see these in football grounds, as a non-smoker, why would I want to inhale somone elses chemicals? Like cigarette smokers, it boils down to ignorance and a lack of education.

i saw someone smoking an ecig in the eastend on saturday, which i have never seen before and then when i was walking out of the ground past the dolman stand someone came out of the atyeo smoking another one.

Well, it would be a surprise if it was the same one!

No one can possibly have a reason to object to ECigs at AG., but the way things are these days no doubt someone will. :nono: 

Well, it would be a surprise if it was the same one!

No one can possibly have a reason to object to ECigs at AG., but the way things are these days no doubt someone will. :nono: 

Until it can be 100% proven that E-cigs do not harm the smokers and more importantly, other people arounds them who do not chose to smoke, then anyone objecting to having E-cigs in stadiums will always have a valid point! Fair enough, if you want to smoke anything, do it in you're own environment, but do not be ignorant about it and expose others to something they don't want to be exposed to, or can't control.

shock vapour news

coffee will no longer be served hot, we can not allow the nasty steam to come off the pumps, it may be inhaled and we do not know the long term effects of caffine vapour.

also no attending on cold days, we dont want hot air vapour escaping from your mouth colds and all that

3m masks should now be worn whenever exiting home

Until it can be 100% proven that E-cigs do not harm the smokers and more importantly, other people arounds them who do not chose to smoke, then anyone objecting to having E-cigs in stadiums will always have a valid point! Fair enough, if you want to smoke anything, do it in you're own environment, but do not be ignorant about it and expose others to something they don't want to be exposed to, or can't control.

the clue is in vaping not Smoking

I heard the FA asked every football club their opinion on them. Apparently all 92 clubs said to ban them, most of them saying because

A) they dont know how harmful they could be to others and

B) because from afar the vapour looks like smoke and you may get some fans thinking 'if hes going to smoke then so am I'.

so as I know for a fact every steward is told to confront anybody vapouring, and tell them to do it in a smoking area, any steward not doing so, has either not seen it, or hasn't got the balls to do it

I heard the FA asked every football club their opinion on them. Apparently all 92 clubs said to ban them, most of them saying because

A) they dont know how harmful they could be to others and

B) because from afar the vapour looks like smoke and you may get some fans thinking 'if hes going to smoke then so am I'.

so as I know for a fact every steward is told to confront anybody vapouring, and tell them to do it in a smoking area, any steward not doing so, has either not seen it, or hasn't got the balls to do it

What I don't get is vaping was allowed when I first posted this topic.....

Then now it's banned with no notification from the club, just a prompt from a steward - though many still vape?!

What I don't get is vaping was allowed when I first posted this topic.....

Then now it's banned with no notification from the club, just a prompt from a steward - though many still vape?!

the info I mentioned about the FA, I was told over a year ago, so I can only assume, as nothing has ever been announced, they never got round to an offical ruling, and I expect they left it at the clubs discretion, which has confused everyone.

Well as far as Dave L and the club are concerned, its fine to use them, I do and if a steward pulled me I would ask to speak to his supervisor and explain that I have contacted the club, and he should get his facts straight !

This is like cigarettes all over again, i predict that in 10-15 years time, E-vaps will be getting banned left, right and centre for the deadly toxins it contains and deposits to others! They may be a 'healthier' alternative to cigarettes, but thats not saying much! So little is known about E-vaps, which has to be considered! I would hate to see these in football grounds, as a non-smoker, why would I want to inhale somone elses chemicals? Like cigarette smokers, it boils down to ignorance and a lack of education.

What a pompous load of rubbish!

Many things are proven to be harmful and have a negative effect on social surroundings. Alcohol being a prime example, yet the vast majority of us like a drink. Should Cider be banned..?

I gave up smoking 7 months ago and use an E-cig instead now. I use it in the ground and in pubs and in work and will continue to do so until there is any proof that it is in anyway harmful to others or myself.

I do assume that you don't drive a car..?

Propylene glycol- commonly used in foods, moisturizers, pharmaceuticals and other products

Vegetable glycerine - a sweet compound for sweet additives

Nicoteen - nowhere near enough to poison the inhaler let alone someone stood outside

Food flavourings

There you go. Your lack of education on this has been improved

I've used mine in front of stewards and they haven't batted an eyelid.

Funny that. A steward who operates the 'smokers gates' at half time in the Dolman told a mate of mine he can't use it whilst in the stadium. This guy is the steward who's there (at those gates) every game at half time to check your tickets.

Perhaps he said it via personal preference and not with professional integrity?!

I know that many of the stewards are paid to turn up on the day via an agency, but this guy is a regular so he must know if a policy is in place?!

If not then that's very poor and perhaps someone from the club will hopefully read this and take note/action.

shock vapour news

coffee will no longer be served hot, we can not allow the nasty steam to come off the pumps, it may be inhaled and we do not know the long term effects of caffine vapour.

also no attending on cold days, we dont want hot air vapour escaping from your mouth colds and all that

3m masks should now be worn whenever exiting home

The first two seem to be well in force this season :(

Propylene glycol- commonly used in foods, moisturizers, pharmaceuticals and other products

Vegetable glycerine - a sweet compound for sweet additives

Nicoteen - nowhere near enough to poison the inhaler let alone someone stood outside

Food flavourings

There you go. Your lack of education on this has been improved

We all love a quick Wiki search don't we, the source of such reliable knowledge... Anyway, these ingredients are not regulated, infact nothing in the cosmetics or pharmaceutical industry has a regulatory body and many companies do not include certain ingrediants on the packaging, or the concentration levels of the ingredients which a lot of people take for granted. I comend you for trying to quit smoking and good luck to you, however, I will not feel comfortable being around E-vaps until conclusive evidence is put forward on what these things really are, not just the usual sound bites that smokers try to put out there without any real knowledge of the product. I remember when smoking was 'good' for you're health, at least that what all the commercials said at the time, where are these commercials now?

• Admin

Well when you compare it to smoking, its hardly worth an answer, a lot like the comparison in general... I'm assuming I've entred a thread full of biased smokers? :fear:

Ok without knowing all the scientific facts between them all if you had to stand in an enclosed garage with a) 1 running car engine, b) 1 traditional smoker smoking or c) 1 vaper vaping, which would you think least harmful to your health if you had to guess?

Ok without knowing all the scientific facts between them all if you had to stand in an enclosed garage with a) 1 running car engine, b) 1 traditional smoker smoking or c) 1 vaper vaping, which would you think least harmful to your health if you had to guess?

Like I said, E-vaps are a healthier option than the traditional cigarette, however, how much healthier? And what do we really know about them? They may not even cause the same kind of disease, if any, but if they do then when will we find out, when people are falling ill and lifes are lost? It just smacks of a craze and I think people are going in with their eyes closed, of course, the intentions are good but another side to the argument is yes, they may 'help' give up smoking, but I know a lot of people who are now addicted to E-vaps which opens up a whole new can of worms that I won't bore everyone by going into.

Archived