IGNORED

Puffing On Electronic Fags In The Stands

Pickle Rick

My personal favourite was the smell of pipes. I will never forget, around 1978 walking into the old enclosure and seeing a father with his son, aged about 12, and both smoking pipes.

Love that image. Funny how some things stay in your memory.

I've used electronic cigarettes a few times in the lower Dolman and never had any problems, no complaints and the stewards have seen me puffing away and said nothing, so I assume it's OK.

They shouldn't really be called cigarettes anyway as that isn't what they are.  The vapour is similar to that used in asthma inhalers, and I'm sure they aren't banned anywhere.

They contain no tobacco and create no smoke, so the term smoking is totally inappropriate

What I don't understand (as an ex-smoker)....

E-cigs look like fags, you use them like fags, they contain nicotine?

So how the hell are you going to give up the 'habit'?

.... good luck with that then!

The ones that look like fags are crap, my vaporiser looks like a pen. Nicotine, in the doses given by vaporisers, isn't harmful. It's the tar and 4000 toxins in fags that will kill you.

What I don't understand (as an ex-smoker)....

E-cigs look like fags, you use them like fags, they contain nicotine?

So how the hell are you going to give up the 'habit'?

.... good luck with that then!

I don't want to give up the habit, it provides pleasure. It's the circulatory, respiratory, cancerous element of it that's the problem.

On another note, I did see that they're banned in Sainsburys on store policy so presumably City can as well if they want.

I don't want to give up the habit, it provides pleasure. It's the circulatory, respiratory, cancerous element of it that's the problem.

On another note, I did see that they're banned in Sainsburys on store policy so presumably City can as well if they want.

That's reasonable on hygiene grounds. It's about saliva, not nicotine. They wouldn't be too happy about a customer sucking a dummy either.

PS Hygiene NOT bloody hog wine!

That's reasonable on hygiene grounds. It's about saliva, not nicotine. They wouldn't be too happy about a customer sucking a dummy either.

PS Hygiene NOT bloody hog wine!

Blowing your nose or sneezing is less hygienic.

It's just stupid rules. I also don't understand the need to vapour in a shop. Just go outside.

Blowing your nose or sneezing is less hygienic.

It's just stupid rules. I also don't understand the need to vapour in a shop. Just go outside.

I think the idea is to stop you getting saliva on your fingers and handling the fruit and veg. Agree that there's no need to do it in the shop, though.

I think the idea is to stop you getting saliva on your fingers and handling the fruit and veg. Agree that there's no need to do it in the shop, though.

Nah, it's to stop drama queens mistaking them for real smoking and bothering security.

I generally pick my ass in supermarkets an that's all cool. Not illegal, see?

Any public premises can allow/ban them.

If they're banned - then a (HR) type policy must be created first.

Any member of staff who tells you that it's not allowed, they must have proof of company policy.

Not trying to get technical or anything...

Archived