Puffing On Electronic Fags In The Stands

Pickle Rick

Ban cola it contains caffeine

Ban alcohol its socially unacceptable

Ban cars there death rates are to high

Ensure everything is regulated to within a breath of its being

Ensure people keep smoking real fags as theres no duty on ecigs

Welcome to Britain and its pc brigade

Well when you compare it to smoking, its hardly worth an answer, a lot like the comparison in general... I'm assuming I've entred a thread full of biased smokers? :fear:

Well given your hysterical whining on the dangers potentially posed by vapour from e-cigs, im sure you're well aware of the health damaging emissions from a diesal engine for instance.

And no, I don't smoke or use-cigs.

as a smoker i dont see why people cant wait until half time and wander out for 5 minutes if they must.i know i cant be bothered to go down out of the dolman at half time unless its cold and i want a hot drink, that is more likely to make me move.

if someones on a puffer already, they should be feeling a bit less compelled to have a puff on whatever is in these gizmos.

at the end of the day,i cant smoke at work,half a day without a fag, footy matches are easy.one of those things where you go with the majority

Like I said, E-vaps are a healthier option than the traditional cigarette, however, how much healthier? And what do we really know about them? They may not even cause the same kind of disease, if any, but if they do then when will we find out, when people are falling ill and lifes are lost? It just smacks of a craze and I think people are going in with their eyes closed, of course, the intentions are good but another side to the argument is yes, they may 'help' give up smoking, but I know a lot of people who are now addicted to E-vaps which opens up a whole new can of worms that I won't bore everyone by going into.

I think you have some good points.it's tough to give up smoking how ever e-cigs should not be viewed as completely harmless and become habit forming themselves.I would congratulate those who try to help themselves ,it's not easy.

My gut feeling is inhaling vapour is unatural ,let alone vapour with chemicals,and i am concerned with the possible inbalances in the respiratory system.

I would just add that i would like to see these objects in the form of babies dummies because they serve the same purpose for many !

Anyhow ,it's my opinion and your bodies so you choose.

Only good thing cigs were good for was hiding the Smell of the fat ****** who never washed who always sat in front of me. Putrid feet month old stale back sweat and a hint of arse.

Jesus bring back cigarettes! And I can't abide fags!

Why do smokers get such hard time we pay tax to smoke :-) it also pays for the NHS 3 times over with the revenue it makes, people don't like the harmful smoke from them but don't give a **** about all the fumes from cars etc.

Why do smokers get such hard time we pay tax to smoke :-) it also pays for the NHS 3 times over with the revenue it makes, people don't like the harmful smoke from them but don't give a **** about all the fumes from cars etc.

Aye, well all well and good. I think smokers should be refused treatment from the NHS for lung heart and cancer problems caused by smoking. If you can afford to pollute your body with so many warnings. You can afford to pay for private medical care.

That's my two penneth anyway :)

Only good thing cigs were good for was hiding the Smell of the fat ****** who never washed who always sat in front of me. Putrid feet month old stale back sweat and a hint of arse.

Jesus bring back cigarettes! And I can't abide fags!

Great post ,you did n't try to pull her then ?

"Hint of Arse" by Chanel

Aye, well all well and good. I think smokers should be refused treatment from the NHS for lung heart and cancer problems caused by smoking. If you can afford to pollute your body with so many warnings. You can afford to pay for private medical care.

so maybe all the cash from smoking shouldn't be put into the NHS then, stop the tax on it we can set up our own hospitals that non smokers are banned from :-)

E-cigs are by far and away the best thing to get off the fags. I was a heavy smoker for 30 years, until I bought a vaporiser on 12 December 2013. I haven't smoked a fag since. I wasn't even planning on giving up, I got the vaporiser out of curiosity and found I preferred it to the real thing.

The addiction to fags is two-fold: the nicotine itself, and the action of smoking. Vaporisers cover both, and this is why patches, gum, sprays etc can't come close.

So, why all the negative publicity and calls for them to be banned?

1. The tobacco companies are realising that they face a huge loss of profits. These companies are some of the most powerful lobbyists around.

2. Pharmaceutical companies are also facing a huge loss of profits from reduced sales of the alternative products sold to quit smoking. These products are hugely expensive. These companies are also powerful lobbyists.

3. Governments around the world face a huge loss of tax revenue.

Follow the money, and you usually get your answer.

The amount of nicotine I get through in a week using my vaporiser is the equivalent to 20 fags, and I was smoking 15 per day. There is no evidence that E-cigs are harmful.

I have yet to hear a well reasoned argument why they should be banned.

But your average person will hear "nicotine", see "smoke" and demand a ban. Social conditioning at work.

The Chinese scientist that invented the vaporiser saw his father die from lung cancer and made it his mission to develop an alternative. His invention is the best aid to quit smoking ever produced, yet is facing "bans". What a complete load of bollocks.

You do realise that smokers pump far more into the economy than they take out?

Should we refuse NHS treatment to obese people because they can't keep their hand out of the cookie jar?

so maybe all the cash from smoking shouldn't be put into the NHS then, stop the tax on it we can set up our own hospitals that non smokers are banned from :-)

Or into criminalizing it :)

Either way i think those who are purposely harming themselves (and they are the warnings have been around for years) should not expected to be treated without paying for it, in things other in taxes.Same goes for alcoholics who have health problems due to alcohol consumption.

Cigarette income may well pay for the NHS, but how much of it goes to the NHS? very little when you consider the debt the country is in!

You do realise that smokers pump far more into the economy than they take out?

Should we refuse NHS treatment to obese people because they can't keep their hand out of the cookie jar?

Where has obese come into this? I am talking about smokers.  

If you want to talk about the obese, It depends on what is causing the obeseness, would be my answer.  Pure over indulgence, fair enough, a medical condition not bought on through choice, that is another thing entirely.

I will add  II believe there should be warnings given, help given to stop, be it cigs alcohol or over eating, If after these avenues have been used then that is it, you need to pay.  if people cannot help themselves then maybe money leaving their pockets to pay for treatment, may stop going on food, drink or cigarettes.  if they refuse and continue down the self abuse route, why even bother treating them?

Harsh view i agree, but why help those who don't want to be helped,or are not willing to give something up to help themselves?

I fail to see there is a argument to be had.  Smoking is bad for your health.  Smoke effects others not just smokers.  The 12 billion made from smoking... part of it goes to funding the NHS, not all of it  you don't really believe 12 billion is ring fenced for the NHS do you?  A lot of it goes to servicing our billions if not trillions of pounds of external national debt..  If people didn't smoke there would be less  treatment needed, less house fires,less fires in general, less car crashes, Thanks god there are smoking bans as the effects of passive smoking should start dropping.

These links are pointless. and frankly smokers provide xyz money to the NHS is laughable.  If people didn't smoke the burden on the NHS would be less, requiring less money.

So feel free to provide tall these stats.At the end of the day Smoking is bad, it increases peoples visits to doctors and hospital, it increase long term medical treatment it eats into the coffers, it effects other that do not smoke and is the root cause of many many fires accidents etc etc which directly effects more spending by the NHS.

Edit, I don't think you read my reply on reflection, or chose to ignore it, just focusing on your point which I answered.

I'm sorry for using cold hard facts to back up my argument. It was silly of me.

The irony is that if all smokers quit today, the NHS would be hit by those same people living longer and suffering from the illnesses that are associated with old age.

I'm sorry for using cold hard facts to back up my argument. It was silly of me.

The irony is that if all smokers quit today, the NHS would be hit by those same people living longer and suffering from the illnesses that are associated with old age.

Irrelevant facts though, they are figures, just figure,please expand on how much of the 12 Billion is going back into the NHS?   no point in stating a figure with no relevance to subject area is is supposed to back up.  So figures please of how much is actually pushed back into the NHS directly from ciggie tax

Most smokers know get illegal stuff anyway, bought in from abroad and purchased out the back of the pub.  Reason, ciggies cost too much, so how much of that money is going back into the NHS, I give you 0%

Looking at your links Black market ciggies and roll ups were as high as 21% and 45% of sales, although dropping it would appear.  That is a lot of people not paying their way fro the health service wouldn't you agree?

There was clarification of e-cigarettes in the programme at home to leyton orient but if you cause upset or distress you will be moved until you have finidhed

So, as a vegetarian, I should be able to ask a steward to move someone for eating a pie next to me.

Crazy world we live in.

Archived