IGNORED

So, What If We Took The Blue From The Gas...

RedM

I really wouldn't mind blue in an away kit, there are many different shades of blue, so it doesn't have to be the same as the G*s. Never in a home shirt though, that is sacred

As others have said, I've seen United wear blue (but not City blue), Arsenal have worn white. Bigger things to worry about in my world

I really wouldn't mind blue in an away kit, there are many different shades of blue, so it doesn't have to be the same as the G*s. Never in a home shirt though, that is sacred

As others have said, I've seen United wear blue (but not City blue), Arsenal have worn white. Bigger things to worry about in my world

But why would we have blue in the away kit we would never wear it at AG so it would be pointless surely.

I'm feeling a bit controversial today (got a cold so been on the Lemsips) but something I saw on the Bristol Sport thread got me thinking. Someone mentioned Steve Lansdown sounding people out over using blue?

That would be myself. The reason I mentioned it is because the clubs owners remarks sent out a disturbed ripple through support that have heard them.

If it was to become reality there would almsot certainly be some form of open discord. Football fans are still parochial in nature. Football fans are welded to their traditions apart from those in Wales. It is a great thing football passion which sets the game apart. Club colours and identity should not be viewed as frippery.

Millwall in claret?

Does anybdoy really know why Mr Lansdown asked about City in blue?

Why not? We've had pretty much every other colour

No one gets touchy about having white kits, there's just as much white on the G*s shirt

I suppose but their the blue few not the white *******. This club has been red and white for god knows how long so if it aint broke don't fix it.

We had dark blue shorts and trim on the top a few years ago, nobody really moaned. I personally wouldn't want it but as long as it was very dark blue i.e West Brom then don't think it would cause a problem.

A little bit of history. When Leslie Kew was chairman BCFC did consider a blue away kit. The club shop then was ran by the legend Berly Fudge who advised City not to do so. The club dropped the divisive and poor idea.

You wouldn't want Bristol Blue Glass on the front just in case the ******* L fell off and you'd then have "Bristol Blue Gass" on yer shirt.

As for Blue, meh, blue and white hoops wouldn't be a problem for me, but then I'm a fan of the Rugby Club as well.

That said, i'd still want purple and lime green any day of the week.

Incidently the last time we had an away strip with hoops on it was that seriously awful black, red and green hooped Auto Windscreens kit.

Oh, and we did have a lime green and blue striped kit a few years back as a third choice strip. I know that for a fact 'cause I've got one.

interestingly it wouldn't be the first time that we have had blue in our kit. 1894-1895

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Bristol_City/Bristol_City.htm

This proves that City were first with blue ! The 1894 City kit had blue but the gas didn't have blue on their kit until 1897. The quarters didn't arrive until 1931

Archived