IGNORED

Rosenior On Safe Standing

Eco

You can't surge because there is a gurt big bar in the way, in fact a surge would be easier in the current EE with the no backs on the seats.

The Taylor report is out dated and false in many ways.

Safe standing gives you a specific spot.

Hooliganism did not end with standing going, or else violence would still be common place in League 1 and below

I'd love to know how you can "surge" in a seat /standing position with a row of bars between you and the man behind/in front ? Ridiculous!

Blokes trying to win points from certain sections of people, clearly see why his son was a **** toward us. In it for there own personal gain! Media coverage for Leroy

Massive wage packet for Liam

Absolute friggin moron,how this bloke gets positions within the media is beyond me, his football punditry is abysmal and....oh hang on i apologise,he played in the first game at hillsborough after the tragedy!! Wtf has that got to do with anything. Times have changed since then leroy you nob.

The man is clueless when talking on the football league show and just proved it further how unintelligent ad backwards he is. Our club is leading the way with this initiative, a club he played for, yet he is against the initiative and regularly negative about the club. In all honesty, how did he get a job as a football pundit? Just a ridiculous man

I don't usually mind Leroy but what a nonsensical article. Clearly has done no research whatsoever into safe standing, and he holds a misguided view in the same fashion as Dion Dublin.

It's sad that people with no knowledge of the subject are getting a chance to broadcast their opinions.

It's sad that people with no knowledge of the subject are getting a chance to broadcast their opinions.

Totally.

It's really damaging; Just look at that headline. People really need educating on this matter, but articles like these, along with comments from people like dublin just cement the ignorance further. Reading that, I could almost sense hundreds of other readers nodding their heads in agreement with it all.

Phrases like 'turning the clock back', and 'back to the dark ages' are just so inappropriate and wrong.

Oh and yes, you're right leroy...the clubs are only interested in it because of the extra revenue. Nothing to do with the ground swell of support from thousands of fans across the country, and the constant standing issues.

I don't usually mind Leroy but what a nonsensical article. Clearly has done no research whatsoever into safe standing, and he holds a misguided view in the same fashion as Dion Dublin.

Thought exactly the same whilst reading that, he got all the facts wrong, he says people are up and down like a yoyo in seated areas, surely by definition that is more dangerous than already being stood up.

A question for anyone who knows:

Do clubs with the rail seats sell one ticket per seat when the seats are not in operation? If so then I can't see any argument against the rail seating.

I used to stand up at rugby matches a lot but I probably wouldn't use them now because of my knee but they seem to have no clear drawbacks to me.

wtf man, that has to be one of the most ill-judged articles Ive ever had the misfortune to read, utter tosh!!!

Clearly Leroy was never a true fan before his playing days and isn't after from reading that. Any real fan will tell you that with the abolishment of standing, part of footballs soul also died during that time in the early nineties in relation to the special atmosphere generated in the stadiums.

Mr Rosenior, the only reason clubs are bringing it back is because of pressure from their own supporters, not to make money you complete ****, the people that own football, not an ex footballer that is looking now that he didn't really relate/understand the average football fan on the street, and now should be removed from media altogether, because as we know, what makes a good pundit is someone that can relate to a supporter, and you sir are not it, and have shown yourself up big time with this article.

• SC&T Board Members

A question for anyone who knows:

Do clubs with the rail seats sell one ticket per seat when the seats are not in operation? If so then I can't see any argument against the rail seating.

I used to stand up at rugby matches a lot but I probably wouldn't use them now because of my knee but they seem to have no clear drawbacks to me.

The intention at Ashton Gate is precisely that: one standing fan (initially rugby only) per rail seat space. If rules for football change, then the same will apply for standing fans at football. As you say, there is no argument against it. It is clearly safer than what happens now at every all-seater ground, where fans stand behind seats with low backs (or no backs at all), which are then trip hazards.

The intention at Ashton Gate is precisely that: one standing fan (initially rugby only) per rail seat space. If rules for football change, then the same will apply for standing fans at football. As you say, there is no argument against it. It is clearly safer than what happens now at every all-seater ground, where fans stand behind seats with low backs (or no backs at all), which are then trip hazards.

I find that so infuriating as at many German clubs do 2 per seat. The increase in capacity is much smaller than it could be. It's safe for 2, so why don't we do 2. I know the red tape etc but only have one chance to put these rail seats in. I think what we're doing is great but if we're going to do it we should do it properly.  

http://sta-design.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Hannover-visit-1-004.jpeg

Archived