IGNORED

Groundstaff

BCFC Grim

Did anyone else notice the groundstaff and the goalkeeping coach having a heated discussion at half time. Seemed the staff were just aasking him to warm FF up somewhere else and he didnt want to bugde. If thats was the case he needs to sort himself out, they did a cracking job getting the pitch up to a decent standard. More entertaining than most the game. Things really arnt looking good.

Saw it. Keeper coach went nose to nose, very aggressively with a young-ish member of the ground staff. Craig the Head Goundsman came over and it all got a bit excited.

When Pemberton came out for the second half Craig gave him a mouthful pointing and getting quite animated. I assume it will be dealt with internally.

Yep the coach came out of it looking like an ignorant bully. Not the sort of person that we should be employing. The ground staff do a fantastic job, this prat clearly thought that he was more important them them and tried to throw his weight around. I hope the club remind him that we should all be pulling in the same direction, not trying to threaten junior members of staff.

I was write there and gave the coach a mouthful he was write out of order and hope he gets a good rollicking from the manager when he finds out . He was only asked to move to a dryer part of the ground and told the lad to f o the ground was saturated in the morning and the lad told me they had been out there the whole morning so the game could be played

The pitch looked much better than I expected, and I am well used to it looking excellent. A Steward told me it was 'touch and go' earlier in the day whether the game would go ahead.

I didn't notice any of the exchanges people mention, but I too would be on the side of the gound staff. Very unprofessional behaviour in front of his 'paying customers' if true, and I don't doubt it being so as several people obviously witnessed something.

The pitch looked much better than I expected, and I am well used to it looking excellent. A Steward told me it was 'touch and go' earlier in the day whether the game would go ahead.

I didn't notice any of the exchanges people mention, but I too would be on the side of the gound staff. Very unprofessional behaviour in front of his 'paying customers' if true, and I don't doubt it being so as several people obviously witnessed something.

It was touch and go?

They did a bloody brilliant job then as I couldn't tell the pitch was heavy. Looked and seemed to play like it usually does.

Very well done to all staff involved. The reason we have a remarkably high standard pitch. Better than most Championship anyway

Goalkeeper Coach's behaviour was absolutely disgusting! I hope his wrists are well and truly wrapped.

Loved Craig Richardson's reaction. "You move over there.. or you **** off down the tunnel". Pembo comes on "Your coaches do NOT speak to my staff like that". Respect.

With what colour paper ?

I was write there and gave the coach a mouthful he was write out of order and hope he gets a good rollicking from the manager when he finds out . He was only asked to move to a dryer part of the ground and told the lad to f o the ground was saturated in the morning and the lad told me they had been out there the whole morning so the game could be played

Na, don't think SC would have an issue with his man Coles bollocking members of staff. Would make him hypocritical for starters.

Let's not forget SC is the man who is documented (although not directly named) as having a half time team talk that consisted of calling each and every player in the dressing room a **** while at Pompey...

Na, don't think SC would have an issue with his man Coles bollocking members of staff. Would make him hypocritical for starters.

Let's not forget SC is the man who is documented (although not directly named) as having a half time team talk that consisted of calling each and every player in the dressing room a **** while at Pompey...

Hooray, another pointless dig at Cotterill.

Bet you're gutted he wasn't on the pitch when this happened so you could blame him in some way...

From what I understand, the Goalkeeper Coach wasn't the only member of our Managerial Team to have a disagreement with the groundstaff on Saturday.

Apparently the groundstaff wanted the pitch to remain covered for as long as possible (2pm), but were instructed by a member of the Management Team to remove the covers in the morning.  The downpour which then occurred between 11 and 1 actually nearly meant the pitch was unplayable.  Certainly meant that certain area's were soaked, so I can completely understand the groundstaff getting touchy, being dictated to do something which they know is not the best for their pitch.

Not for me to say who the member of the 'Management Team' was....... :whistle: :whistle:

Archived