IGNORED

The Rising Tide Of Discontent Aimed At Jet

Gene Hunt

...Jet is obviously a valued asset in our squad, he's proved it beyond doubt with his contributions earlier in the season.

However he needs managing & if Cotts has any idea of this he will rest Jet for a few games, hopefully he will regain some of his prowess with a spell out of the limelight.

Not least due to his current lack of form but equally importantly his confidence must be pretty low now, he'd need the skin of a rhino if the recent barracking from disappointed fans has not got to him... the manager (our winner) needs to recognise this and give him a break, he wont like it but a few weeks out could (just might) see a rejuvenated Jet come back doing the biz again for himself & for City at what's looking like a crucial end to the season, could be the bright spark we'll need later on to help us stumble across the safety line at the eleventh hour..  :fingerscrossed:

Right now Jets become our latest hero to near zero, lets see the hero return & he needs help & support to do it.

I presume you didn't go to Sheffield today otherwise you would withdraw this post.I have always been a fan of his but today he was a disgrace.He did absolutely nothing.He should donate his wages to charity.Lazy , lethargic and not interested .How Cotterill did not sub him at half time is beyond me .

I presume you didn't go to Sheffield today otherwise you would withdraw this post.I have always been a fan of his but today he was a disgrace.He did absolutely nothing.He should donate his wages to charity.Lazy , lethargic and not interested .How Cotterill did not sub him at half time is beyond me .

If you are replying to my post then yes I was there and I stand by my post that Pack was just as bad.

Was the applause for Pack getting subbed ironic as he was just as bad as JET today...

Simple fact is that Cotteril can't get the best out of JET and that is a shame because I loved watching him play earlier in the season.

Problem was earlier in the season under the prior idiot everyone else was awful and the hoofball was depressing.

But JET was better admittedly.

Problem was earlier in the season under the prior idiot everyone else was awful and the hoofball was depressing.

Disagree. We played reasonable football in a lot of games and scored plenty of goals - Swindon, MK Dons and Southampton to name a few where we played well. Hoofball was used more in the last run of games (interestingly when results improved).

I guess the Radio Bristol commentators were suffering from a case of mistaken identity when mentioned his two last ditch tackles and his clearances at corners? Thats by the by though, I would think his confidence is quickly being eroded by a manager who clearly prefers a 30 year old journeyman to a talented 22 year old who doesn't fit with his ideal for a footballer and was probably worth 4 times more before he took over.

I guess the Radio Bristol commentators were suffering from a case of mistaken identity when mentioned his two last ditch tackles and his clearances at corners? Thats by the by though, I would think his confidence is quickly being eroded by a manager who clearly prefers a 30 year old journeyman to a talented 22 year old who doesn't fit with his ideal for a footballer and was probably worth 4 times more before he took over.

Jet would fit with the manager if he did what he should,he doesnt hes lazy he thinks hes bigger than the team.he puts in what he wants on the day, he plays when his mates turn up from london.etc etc , wade elliott may be old but his attitude is twice jets .

Jet would fit with the manager if he did what he should,he doesnt hes lazy he thinks hes bigger than the team.he puts in what he wants on the day, he plays when his mates turn up from london.etc etc , wade elliott may be old but his attitude is twice jets .

It depends how you measure contribution I suppose, even in the games where people have complained about him being lazy he has contributed assists even though the goals have dried up. How many assists has Elliott got?

Pack might have been poor but at least he 

As I was trying to say Pack might have been poor but at least he TRIED and put in some effort and commitment.JET couldn't even do that .I have no problem with a player out of form or out of touch but lack of trying and total disinterest I fund indefensible and an insult to fans who travelled to the game.

In the position we are in the league we need battlers who are going to roll their sleeves up and put their body's on the line for the cause JET is not one of these players .

Since December time we seem to have been playing with 10 men and he's starting to be a burden on the rest of the squad who have to cover for him. Personally i would bring a fully fit Pearson in for him (here come the groans) Pearson has got a good engine on him can tackle and win balls in the air he also did more in the 20 mins he was on the pitch yesterday than JET has in the last two or three matches 

JET needs to be dropped for a couple of games and see if his 'uninterested' attitude changes when he returns.

Lots of people have said it is only SOD who can get the best out of JET and this is now looking the case

Allegedly hes on 15k a week. Hes been average at best for about 10 games now problem is we have no one to replace him with.

Sounds like the kind of figure that gets bandied around when a players contribution drops away. Considering he was signed after the austerity measures were imposed, I would be shocked if he was on a third of that money.

It amazes me that some fans are struggling to see the truth of the situation. If we signed Messi and SC played him at centre half they would probably have a go at the player for not being very good in the air.

This 100%. SC hasn't a clue and I actually feel sorry for some of our players especially JET. And before everyone shouts about how he's a professional and earns loads just think how you would feel if your thoughtful intelligent boss who enabled you to achieve and benefit your workplace by understanding your strengths was replaced by a clueless idiot who talks complete rubbish and brings in new people who add nothing to the team, whilst having no identifiable strategy other than wanting to win and is incapable of understanding you or bringing out your strengths. I'd find it pretty hard to do my job to any great level or with any enthusiasm - wouldn't you?

This 100%. SC hasn't a clue and I actually feel sorry for some of our players especially JET. And before everyone shouts about how he's a professional and earns loads just think how you would feel if your thoughtful intelligent boss who enabled you to achieve and benefit your workplace by understanding your strengths was replaced by a clueless idiot who talks complete rubbish and brings in new people who add nothing to the team, whilst having no identifiable strategy other than wanting to win and is incapable of understanding you or bringing out your strengths. I'd find it pretty hard to do my job to any great level or with any enthusiasm - wouldn't you?

So every other manager that JET has played under besides SOD hasn't got a clue then as it is quite clear that he can only perform under one manager. If that is the case his career is only going one way.

So every other manager that JET has played under besides SOD hasn't got a clue then as it is quite clear that he can only perform under one manager. If that is the case his career is only going one way.

What's that? SOD's way?! You're probably right about that - pretty sure as soon as SOD finds another club that's where JET will be headed.

I'm amazed Sean isn't managing in the Premier League, given all the attributes he possesses, according to you.

Robbo - if that's what you think my view is then you've either misunderstood or I haven't made myself clear.

My gripe is NOT that I think that SOD is some kind of footballing messiah who we have lost. I fully expect his next club to be one like Shrewsbury, or possibly coaching alongside a manager who shares his philosophy - and that's where JET will be off to.

My gripe is that we never got the chance to see what he could do, and that (at a time when he happened to be in charge - and it could have been anyone else) we said we were going to give someone the opportunity to lead a root and branch change process - and we bottled it.

From being a fans favourite earlier in the season to being jeered and booed. It's fair to say there's a minority somewhere sitting with a big smile on their face think they said all what we're saying now at the start of the season

I slated him early on and his plummet in form coincided with me starting to support him. 

Robbo - if that's what you think my view is then you've either misunderstood or I haven't made myself clear.

My gripe is NOT that I think that SOD is some kind of footballing messiah who we have lost. I fully expect his next club to be one like Shrewsbury, or possibly coaching alongside a manager who shares his philosophy - and that's where JET will be off to.

My gripe is that we never got the chance to see what he could do, and that (at a time when he happened to be in charge - and it could have been anyone else) we said we were going to give someone the opportunity to lead a root and branch change process - and we bottled it.

I do understand that Dave (and i was being a bit tongue in cheek in my last post, so apologies if it came across as having a go) but at the end of the day* it's just an article of faith as to whether we'd be stronger at this stage of the season or even worse.

We heard lots about Sean's vision, but TBH there were many departures from these vague aspirations. For me, he was just another football manager - albeit one with a rather unfortunate way of presenting himself.

Where I'll agree with you is that endless managerial churn is not necessarily a good thing.

* Great football cliches #327

Allegedly hes on 15k a week. Hes been average at best for about 10 games now problem is we have no one to replace him with.

And where did you get that from? Arsenal youth players are on about a grand a week, it rises sharply based on first team games, if a player is not going to get into first team contention a move to the championship would be a significant pay rise, I expect were paying him a lot less than that. But I just like you and everyone else on this forum don't have a clue what he gets paid. One thing I'm sure of is a 15k a week salary would have been a blocker for him moving here.

Archived