IGNORED

Last Convincing Home Win?

Show Me The Money!

I don't go down the gate every week but can usually get to about 10 games a season. Went on Saturday and it's made me think, when was the last time we won convincingly at home? And by that I mean all over them for a good 90% of the game.

I would class myself as a glass half full type of person and more happy clappy but it does concern me that a team that has been relegated from the championship that does have a squad of very good players still can't muster a convincing home performance.

Please correct me if we have had these convincing performances and I've just missed them.

Other than Barcelona or Man City, when's the last time you saw any team dominate a match for 90% of it?

Well we seem to have played a fair few games under the cosh for pretty much 90 minutes. When was the last time we dished out such a performance.

When was the last time we actually played like a home team?

Not surprising that we don't dominate at home really, with all the 'banter' that is directed at the players from the stands it's hardly a mystery, I wouldn't be surprised if one day after we have dealt with reducing the players to jelly we start bullying and fighting our own fans..Imagine that. :punish:

Ah, but our fans are professionals, they should be able to take a bit of...

No, hang on!

Thanks, but I thought that even in that game Stevenage had a good few chances themselves.

Sounds like you have an agenda and will be hard to please.

3 points is 3 points.

Go support Barcelona or Real Madrid if you want 90% possession and demolition of teams for 90 mins.

Sorry, it was 2-0. Not sure where I got 4-1 from! But it was a deserved win I remember and dominant showing against an in-form side.

I wouldn't say it was a dominant win. We contained them well and looked pretty solid and determined to keep them out (imagine that!). It was very much an underdog's performance if I remember right.

Still a good win though and the last time we've shown a bit of good consistency at home. Think we won 4 out of the first 5 home games with SOD or something like that?

Archived