IGNORED

"i'm A Winner."

Rule The Waves

You are incorrect.

This is the thread I highlighted:

http://www.forest.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=24192&start=1

KId and Alex decided to reply by reference to a completely different thread.

Now that's what I call spin.

OK back from the pub suitably refreshed and I see that like Will, Alex has also been bunking off his maths lessons. Tut tut.

There are 38 posts on the thread in question.

I'd say they can be classified and counted as follows:

In praise of Cotterill for a reasonable job                             13

Don't rate as manager but no hard feeling                            6

Critical of Cotterill and OTIBesque insults                            11

No comments on Cotterill                                                       8

So in other words, 19 out of 30 (that's 63%) who expressed a view on Cotterill, do not despise him.

Or, at most, 37% (very different to 95% Will and very different to 15 out of 16 Alex) despise Cotterill, although none actually said anything like that.

So, Burnley like him, Forest don't mind him, lets see what Cheltenham and Notts County have to say tomorrow.

Tomorrow's sermon:

"How to draw Conclusions based on Fact"

Ok I had a look at that thread 

4 people said he was a good manager - that's it. The vast majority simply said he did what he had to, but glad he's gone / poor football / bad decisions. There are 9 people who just outright disliked him.

So of the 22 posts that actually commented on him - 4 liked him and thought he was a good manager - so 18% ? 

18% thought he was a good manager

82% thought he was a poor manager ( and they are roughly evenly split between - poor but got the job done and bad good riddance)

That's the man we have in charge

4 people said he was a good manager - that's it. The vast majority simply said he did what he had to, but glad he's gone / poor football / bad decisions. There are 9 people who just outright disliked him.

So of the 22 posts that actually commented on him - 4 liked him and thought he was a good manager - so 18% ? 

82% thought he was a poor manager ( and they are roughly evenly split between - poor but got the job done and bad good riddance)

TBH I'd settle for poor but gets the job done. Anything to stop our plummet towards the bottom like a stone.

We can assess the long-term next season.

Sounds like 'spin' to me...

Yes according to you (you're wrong) 82% (32 out of 38) of Forest fans in that thread think he's a poor manager, therefore we have to think that as well. Yeah right.

Let me know which 6 posts are the ones that doesn't say he's a poor manager, then I will prove you wrong with the others that also don't say that.

Shall we ask an unrepresentative sample of Nottingham Forest fans for their approval every time we appoint a new manager?

After all, they are known for their understated humility and sound judgement - like singing "one-nil to the famous club" seconds before we equalise.  ;)

Shall we ask an unrepresentative sample of Nottingham Forest fans for their approval every time we appoint a new manager?

After all, they are known for their understated humility and sound judgement - like singing "one-nil to the famous club" seconds before we equalise.  ;)

I'm sure if you ask any Forest fan what they think of Steve McLaren every comment will be negative..

Find this thread a fascinating read and thought I'd come back and post.

Don't think we are any better off under SC than we were under SOD, in fact we are worse in terms of GD and the fact clubs around us have games in hand (granted they have to win them) but we have got progressively worse demonstrated by the fact of the passionless performances and 2 wins this calendar year.

NickJ I understand your argument to defend SC but what you have forgotten (or disregarded) from that thread in which the Forest fan alluded to the fact he was a very lucky man keeping them in terms up with Pompeys financial implosion and the fact there were some dreadful teams around, I fear that it will repeat itself here with City staying up because there are 4 worse teams than us not because of Cotterills managerial skills.

I didn't agree with his appointment and I didn't like the way he was appointed but was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt as he is manager of this club but that evaporated quickly due to is his nonsensical, awful interviews. I find him irritating because he comes across as rude constantly interrupting the interviewer, making pointless jokes and his denial regarding performances is scandalous... saying we didn't deserve to lose at Wolves and Brentford was nothing short of being blinkered and quite frankly insulting peoples intelligence. The signings he has made has been nothing short of disastrous so far.

How the board or in particular SL can have the audacity to come out with the statement of he was the only candidate interviewed was extremely poor, at least a proper screening process should've been done to find the right man and for my money he isn't the right man. I'm not a big fan of Warnock but would've have preferred him to Cotterill but of course he wasn't the right fit.. probably to do with the fact he would've stood upto the board which of they course they cant handle.

You must be his agent or related to him... get over yourself ffs.

Don't like the personal insults at a decent bloke who happens to be in charge of OUR club so I'm sticking it in.

You get over yourself, resist the urge to make it personal v me, and we will get on just fine.  FFS.

Don't like the personal insults at a decent bloke who happens to be in charge of OUR club so I'm sticking it in.

You get over yourself, resist the urge to make it personal v me, and we will get on just fine.  FFS.

Have I made personal insults against him? Nope I said I find his interviews irritating as he comes across as rude, making jokes and trying to be the next Holloway for whatever reason. In the end he's a third rate manager managing a third rate club.. if he was a brilliant manager he would be with a club much much higher and that's not a slur on who he is outside of football. Plus in my opinion, winners in life don't make a point of saying they are.. it does wreak of arrogance but not even in a good way.

As for you, I haven't made personal insults about you.. I do think you're getting carried away over 1 result with an OTT reaction. We are still in the mire no matter how you spin it with your '3 points away from 13th'. Be great to scramble away but we are dreadfully inconsistent and could easily lose next week to Shrewsbury, so its back to square 1 that's why I reacted to your smug point as there is no need.

Have I made personal insults against him? Nope I said I find his interviews irritating as he comes across as rude, making jokes and trying to be the next Holloway for whatever reason. In the end he's a third rate manager managing a third rate club.. if he was a brilliant manager he would be with a club much much higher and that's not a slur on who he is outside of football. Plus in my opinion, winners in life don't make a point of saying they are.. it does wreak of arrogance but not even in a good way.

As for you, I haven't made personal insults about you.. I do think you're getting carried away over 1 result with an OTT reaction. We are still in the mire no matter how you spin it with your '3 points away from 13th'. Be great to scramble away but we are dreadfully inconsistent and could easily lose next week to Shrewsbury, so its back to square 1 that's why I reacted to your smug point as there is no need.

Get over yourself FFS

As for you, I haven't made personal insults about you..

Your original post is indeed an attempt to attack me, not my opinion.

Don't do it.

Plenty of people on this thread made personal insults against OUR manager and really should be ashamed of themselves, irrespective of if he's good bad or indifferent.

My opinion based on fact is SC is 70% better than our previous manager. Not saying he's the answer, who knows (certainly not our board BTW) but anything was always going to be an improvement.

Find this thread a fascinating read and thought I'd come back and post.

Don't think we are any better off under SC than we were under SOD, in fact we are worse in terms of GD and the fact clubs around us have games in hand (granted they have to win them) but we have got progressively worse demonstrated by the fact of the passionless performances and 2 wins this calendar year.

NickJ I understand your argument to defend SC but what you have forgotten (or disregarded) from that thread in which the Forest fan alluded to the fact he was a very lucky man keeping them in terms up with Pompeys financial implosion and the fact there were some dreadful teams around, I fear that it will repeat itself here with City staying up because there are 4 worse teams than us not because of Cotterills managerial skills.

I didn't agree with his appointment and I didn't like the way he was appointed but was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt as he is manager of this club but that evaporated quickly due to is his nonsensical, awful interviews. I find him irritating because he comes across as rude constantly interrupting the interviewer, making pointless jokes and his denial regarding performances is scandalous... saying we didn't deserve to lose at Wolves and Brentford was nothing short of being blinkered and quite frankly insulting peoples intelligence. The signings he has made has been nothing short of disastrous so far.

How the board or in particular SL can have the audacity to come out with the statement of he was the only candidate interviewed was extremely poor, at least a proper screening process should've been done to find the right man and for my money he isn't the right man. I'm not a big fan of Warnock but would've have preferred him to Cotterill but of course he wasn't the right fit.. probably to do with the fact he would've stood upto the board which of they course they cant handle.

Your original post is indeed an attempt to attack me, not my opinion.

Don't do it.

Plenty of people on this thread made personal insults against OUR manager and really should be ashamed of themselves, irrespective of if he's good bad or indifferent.

My opinion based on fact is SC is 70% better than our previous manager. Not saying he's the answer, who knows (certainly not our board BTW) but anything was always going to be an improvement.

Highlighted in bold..

Not sure how that is an attack on you, more so your opinion I would say but apologies if you have taken any personal offence there.

The rest of my post is aimed at the board more so, don't get me wrong I hope Cotterill can prove me wrong but I cant get onside with him but again more so to do with the board and their scandalous decision and audacity to say he was the only candidate interviewed.. it stinks.

I just felt it was an insult to the fans the way he was appointed, fine to get rid of SOD (personally didn't agree with it) as that's their decision but at least have a proper screening process to consider the options out there.

Highlighted in bold..

Not sure how that is an attack on you, more so your opinion I would say but apologies if you have taken any personal offence there.

The rest of my post is aimed at the board more so, don't get me wrong I hope Cotterill can prove me wrong but I cant get onside with him but again more so to do with the board and their scandalous decision and audacity to say he was the only candidate interviewed.. it stinks.

I just felt it was an insult to the fans the way he was appointed, fine to get rid of SOD (personally didn't agree with it) as that's their decision but at least have a proper screening process to consider the options out there.

I meant your post this evening not before which I suspect you must know.

We are as one on our opinions of the board who this time around have stumbled on somebody who is at the very least less bad than the previous four.

We can debate ad nauseam the rights and wrongs the manner and timing of SOD's sacking and whether Cotterill is any good but my OPINION based on FACT is we are far less likely to be relegated then we were 14 weeks ago.

I meant your post this evening not before which I suspect you must know.

We are as one on our opinions of the board who this time around have stumbled on somebody who is at the very least less bad than the previous four.

We can debate ad nauseam the rights and wrongs the manner and timing of SOD's sacking and whether Cotterill is any good but my OPINION based on FACT is we are far less likely to be relegated then we were 14 weeks ago.

Like I said I'm not sure where the personal attack was but if you felt there was then I apologise if you took offence as stated above.

I have just recently come back on here as in all honesty I don't bother so much with City anymore, maybe the odd few games now and again but not like I used to but do keep upto date with what's going on regarding the club. Also I have been reading the threads since I left and I find OTIB a good forum with good posters here.

I liked SO'D and I genuinely think he was finally getting through to the players what I cant abide is that JL publicly stated how they were 100% behind him for the long term only to sack him a week or so later. Whether Cotterill was here at the start of the season and would be better off with him is speculation as there would be infinite permutations in which we could've been better off or worse off.. in the end who knows?

Anyway I'm off out now but will enjoy having a sensible debate soon because I don't do all this personal insult lark.

Peace :)

One of the many reasons I was horrified by the appointment of Cotterill is that he's got a long habit of saying moronic things in the press that piss the fans off and cause disruption. He's really not very bright at all.

I hope we scrape by this season, but I wouldn't bet on it sadly.

Sometimes things come back to bite you in the ass.

I'm enjoying the upturn in our form recently as much as anyone and very happy to see SC succeed - I would avoid dragging this thread up every time we win however, you've made your point numerous times recently (fortunately for us!!)

When we lose again no doubt the losers will be back to have their dig at OUR manager. Hopefully though some will have seen how wrong they were to undermine at a time when everyone, players, staff and fans, should be pulling together.

Here's another one with a lot to learn:

Cringed as soon as I hear him say that. Anyone who calls themselves a "winner" makes me cringe. On par with saying "I never make mistakes".

He's becoming more and more like David Brent by the week

Hi Pete hope you enjoyed the tickets on Saturday!

I had the great pleasure of travelling to the pub on a bus full of grieving Gasheads and meeting a fellow acolyte of the True Faith. Morons like NickJ can't spoil that, however hard they try. Remember the sacred rite of the Ignore button, brethren and sistren.

NickJ single handedly making what should be a fairly strong, coherent argument on SC's good form look childish and pathetic. Quite a talent.

Well, I could talk about out the astute tactical changes made to this evenings line-up and formation, the enhanced desire on the part of the players, the clever signings of players in the January transfer window, and the 94% improvement of SC's record over his predecessor, however I am equally capable of lowering myself to this childish and pathetic thread with its vocabulary of insults. I support Bristol City with a passion which clearly is swimming against the tide on here.

He's an idiot. Ignore him.

I had the great pleasure of travelling to the pub on a bus full of grieving Gasheads and meeting a fellow acolyte of the True Faith. Morons like NickJ can't spoil that, however hard they try. Remember the sacred rite of the Ignore button, brethren and sistren.

Luckily for me I'm not an idiot and what's more I bet you don't ignore me.

It's not much of a contest if you are only capable of insults.

Immense performance tonight, and Cotterill deserves a lot of the credit. In particular, for knowing how to use JET and Baldock, and for knowing that you need to keep an attacking threat even when you're defending a 1 goal lead with ten men.

Archived