IGNORED

He's Fat He's Round

middlehitter40

I have never been a fan of his

and I will post within 7 day's why I think he is the worst thing that has ever happened to Bristol City in the modern erea.

This will come later in the week when thing's have cooled down but for now.........

he's fat he's round he's taking city down......

Steve lansdown, Steve lansdown

I'm sure we'll all be hitting F5 for the few days waiting for your insightful comment.

and I will post within 7 day's why I think he is the worst thing that has ever happened to Bristol City in the modern erea.

This will come later in the week when thing's have cooled down but for now.........

Your're on the wrong site if you mean Higgs   :gasmask:

Sorry but I am lost as to why we must wait for your insight as to what all is wrong with BCFC.

Do you have to think what to make up yourself ?

In a way what Steve L has done has been correct. He's not a football expert so he's let the managers manage without interference. This was ok to start with but then went wrong when the managers began to sign hopeless players. His choice of managers seemed, at the time, to be correct. Coppell, Del and SoD all had good records at previous clubs. Unfortunately as soon as they drove into the Ashton Gate car park their ability evaporated. You can't blame S L for that (though some will)

SL strikes me as a well meaning, very wealthy guy.

Unfortunately, this does not qualify him as a guy who knows anything about football.

As for the sags, crikey! They've had years of worse shit thsn we have now. No wonder they have 'issues'.

I would say that with the number of years service to the club as both a director, investor, chairman and majority shareholder Steve Lansdown is perfectly qualified to run a football club.

Can you list some club chairman who are more qualified?

In a way what Steve L has done has been correct. He's not a football expert so he's let the managers manage without interference. This was ok to start with but then went wrong when the managers began to sign hopeless players. His choice of managers seemed, at the time, to be correct. Coppell, Del and SoD all had good records at previous clubs. Unfortunately as soon as they drove into the Ashton Gate car park their ability evaporated. You can't blame S L for that (though some will)

The idea that people's ability mysteriously "evaporates" when they arrive at Ashton Gate is as fanciful as the notion that the OP has some devastating insight that will be revealed in the next 7 days!

Does he let them manage without interference - I don't have the knowledge to say for sure one way or the other, but there are plenty who believe he doesn't - Copout's departure etc.

More importantly - he certainly doesn't give them time. He either

a) lacks patience,

b) lacks self confidence in the decisions he's made a the reasons why, or

c) both the above.

Is it the lack of picnic tables at Ashton Gate?

• Admin

The best chairman/owner that this club has ever had and still not good enough for you,would you rather have the owners of Leeds or Cardiff ?

These are he good times financially enjoy them while we have a club that is solvent.

Curious what you are basing this on?

On field success?

Financial control?

Middlehitter40.. 

cant work out if..

is he a poet?

is he a Derek Accorah type with spirit guidance? Sam Sam thanyou Sam.

is he a man of vision? (like Logie Baird)

is he Agatha C's Poirot?? .... the suspense is killing me??

What is about to be revealed?

The OP is a taster of whats to come in the next instalment (like a Batman episode) a cliffhanger....

One things for sure Robin's will play a large part in this one!!!

Da, Da, Dahhh...

The idea that people's ability mysteriously "evaporates" when they arrive at Ashton Gate is as fanciful as the notion that the OP has some devastating insight that will be revealed in the next 7 days!

Does he let them manage without interference - I don't have the knowledge to say for sure one way or the other, but there are plenty who believe he doesn't - Copout's departure etc.

More importantly - he certainly doesn't give them time. He either

a) lacks patience,

b) lacks self confidence in the decisions he's made a the reasons why, or

c) both the above.

If the idea that managers' ability evaporated when they arrived at Ashton Gate is fanciful, where did it go? I agree with the bit about Coppell, but he backed the other managers by providing money for their signings. Nobody has ever said that it was S L's inteterfence that led to the signings of Nicky Hunt, Peter Styvar, Damian Stewart, Neil Kilkenny etc etc. He backed the managers' judgement and allowed the club to sign them.

It seemed as though lessons had been learned with the announcement of the famous / infamous 5 pillars but this seems to have been abandoned - e g 3.5 year contract for El Abd.

Neil Warnock

This really annoys me, why do some of our so called fan's what this man at our club, one of the most divisive men in football and creates a bad smell wherever he goes. He is an egotistical useless coach who is a throw back of just what is wrong with English football, granted he is a motivator but apart from that there is nothing there.

However what we have at present is a poor coach too, the only hope I had was that SOD could have made it, and just when he seemed to be turning things around the Board fired him.

We are relegation nailed on certs at the moment, I am afraid we have neither a Board or a Manager at the helm that I can trust with our club, I have to consider the worst and just hope things one day will get better, but not until we have a root and branch clear out it won't .  

Archived