IGNORED

Halal Meat

RedRock

Hmmmmm

Q) Should we ban barbaric animal slaughter in the name of  religion

A) No, we should ban pancakes.

:noexp:

Well pancakes and hot cross buns are to celebrate a religious festival, and both aren't healthy and will increase obesity, heart disease etc.

Well pancakes and hot cross buns are to celebrate a religious festival, and both aren't healthy and will increase obesity, heart disease etc.

I think you might be going down an avenue that might see cider banned, after all it's alcoholic (and that will never do) not healthy and crops are subject to pagan rituals.

But i'll let you announce that to OTIB.

Please think before spouting such drivel.

Pancake and hot cross buns don't cause obesity. Overeating excessively does.

Not sure pancakes are on special alert for causing heart disease either.

Please think before spouting such drivel.

Pancake and hot cross buns don't cause obesity. Overeating excessively does.

Not sure pancakes are on special alert for causing heart disease either.

Pancakes and hot cross buns aren't good for you at all though.

If you start banning some religious based products you'd have to ban them all.

Pancakes and hot cross buns aren't good for you at all though.

If you start banning some religious based products you'd have to ban them all.

Surely if you put lemon onto your pancakes and the currants in your hot cross bun, count as one of your 5 a day?.

Pathetically stupid argument you are trying to make, where in the 21st century is slitting an animals throat anything other than barbaric, religions are meant to change with the times and this practice has no place in a 21st century mainstream religion, or perhaps the sweaty's only want independence to re-instate the wicker man ceremonies?.

Eh?

You should probably re-read the thread Tins.

I'm surprised as you are consistently one of the more level headed posters on here.

I don't think anyone is saying Halal or Kosher should be banned because of religion, it is because of the lack of stunning of the animal.

It is unnecessary to allow an animal to bleed to death when fully conscious, when it can be knocked out before death.

Personally I want to stop it for that, but I freely admit that banning would prevent Islamists using it as a wedge to demand special treatment

Sorry, I disagree that people aren't saying it should be banned because of religion. "Big Brother" 100% is saying it should be banned because it's Islamic.

I may have tarred too many of you with that same brush, however you last comment hasn't really stopped my opinion on that.

There is one thing debating the treatment of animals when they are killed, but this thread is running a very fine line of becoming anti-Islam.

There are far too many threads that are anti-Islam, and if I was a Muslim I'd think twice about saying so on this forum in case I get disliked immediately.

OTIB is becoming a not very welcoming forum which is a shame as there are clearly some clever people on here, but things like your "signature" or whatever the name is saying Vote for Our Country Back makes me query if this is a racist, narrow minded forum.

Sorry, I disagree that people aren't saying it should be banned because of religion. "Big Brother" 100% is saying it should be banned because it's Islamic.

I may have tarred too many of you with that same brush, however you last comment hasn't really stopped my opinion on that.

There is one thing debating the treatment of animals when they are killed, but this thread is running a very fine line of becoming anti-Islam.

There are far too many threads that are anti-Islam, and if I was a Muslim I'd think twice about saying so on this forum in case I get disliked immediately.

OTIB is becoming a not very welcoming forum which is a shame as there are clearly some clever people on here, but things like your "signature" or whatever the name is saying Vote for Our Country Back makes me query if this is a racist, narrow minded forum.

How many more times. A religion is not a race. Concerns wih the amount of immigration is not a race thing either, its a numbers thing. I for one disagree with all religions. That must make me one of the most racist people on the planet in your books. You don't half like labeling people with utter clap trap tins.

How many more times. A religion is not a race. Concerns wih the amount of immigration is not a race thing either, its a numbers thing. I for one disagree with all religions. That must make me one of the most racist people on the planet in your books. You don't half like labeling people with utter clap trap tins.

Dead right.

Like many others, to me ALL religions are a load of bollocks.

ALL people should obey the laws of the country they are fortunate / unfortunate enough to live in, whether certain groups / individuals like them or not.

There should be no grounds to "opt out" of that country's laws on religious grounds.  

I know it's not a race, but I don't know the correct word. Racism is close enough.

Maybe worry less about hard working people who are coming into our Country and doing it a world of good, and worry more about the English benefits cheats who don't do anything. It's a number thing remember. 

I know it's not a race, but I don't know the correct word. Racism is close enough.

Maybe worry less about hard working people who are coming into our Country and doing it a world of good, and worry more about the English benefits cheats who don't do anything. It's a number thing remember.

No racism is not close enough. It is completely wrong. If you are going to label people with terms such as racist at least have the good grace to find the right term otherwise button it. In fact I would go so far as to say shut the **** up. Because your insinuations are ridiculous. I dislike religion. That means I hate Caucasians blacks and mongoloids?

Grow up tins. Really grow up use the right terms or don't bother posting. Accusing someone of being a racist I would have thought was an automatic ban. It is completely out of order.

No racism is not close enough. It is completely wrong. If you are going to label people with terms such as racist at least have the good grace to find the right term otherwise button it. In fact I would go so far as to say shut the **** up. Because your insinuations are ridiculous. I dislike religion. That means I hate Caucasians blacks and mongoloids?

Grow up tins. Really grow up use the right terms or don't bother posting. Accusing someone of being a racist I would have thought was an automatic ban. It is completely out of order.

Not wanting people to come into the Country because they aren't British is out of order.

Not liking someone because of what they believe in is out of order.

I know a lot of immigrants who are good honest hard working people. I could bet that a good proportion of people, including many on this forum, have immigrants in their family, or in the past. Why tell them they can't come and work here and have to stay in their hell holes of a country? Why stop them doing jobs that lazy English people do not want to do as they are happy in their council flat with their benefits?

Not wanting people to come into the Country because they aren't British is out of order.

Not liking someone because of what they believe in is out of order.

I know a lot of immigrants who are good honest hard working people. I could bet that a good proportion of people, including many on this forum, have immigrants in their family, or in the past. Why tell them they can't come and work here and have to stay in their hell holes of a country? Why stop them doing jobs that lazy English people do not want to do as they are happy in their council flat with their benefits?

Sorry by your definition I am a racist because I do not like what religion does to people. Before spouting utter drivel look up the correct words. You could get yourself in serious trouble outside of a forum with the rubbish you spout. I dislike religion, I don't dislike people who believe in a religion, although I think they are barmy in living their life like that.

You are too lazy to use the correct words or just don't understand what you are saying.

Nothing wrong with not wanting immigrants coming to this country, I don't mind anyone coming as long as they are bringing the relevant skills that are in shortage. Totally disagree with immigration when it is for anything other than improving the host country. Anything else other than legitimate marriage is just leeching our resources.

If their country is a hell hole well that is tough. What if the entire population of China decided it wanted to come to England as they thought their country was a hell hole? You willing to house them? As you may or may not be aware we are just coming out of a recession and there is a housing shortage. So your utopian ideals are a little I'll conceived.

As I say it is all about numbers. You can add skills to that as well. You can moan about lazy work shy Brits all you like. If they want to act like that they won't get many of the plesent things in life. And hopefully more is being done about them.

Sorry by your definition I am a racist because I do not like what religion does to people. Before spouting utter drivel look up the correct words. You could get yourself in serious trouble outside of a forum with the rubbish you spout. I dislike religion, I don't dislike people who believe in a religion, although I think they are barmy in living their life like that.

You are too lazy to use the correct words or just don't understand what you are saying.

Nothing wrong with not wanting immigrants coming to this country, I don't mind anyone coming as long as they are bringing the relevant skills that are in shortage. Totally disagree with immigration when it is for anything other than improving the host country. Anything else other than legitimate marriage is just leeching our resources.

If their country is a hell hole well that is tough. What if the entire population of China decided it wanted to come to England as they thought their country was a hell hole? You willing to house them? As you may or may not be aware we are just coming out of a recession and there is a housing shortage. So your utopian ideals are a little I'll conceived.

As I say it is all about numbers. You can add skills to that as well. You can moan about lazy work shy Brits all you like. If they want to act like that they won't get many of the plesent things in life. And hopefully more is being done about them.

Would bigot be better then? They are both as severe as each other.

I live in an area that is full of people from all nationalities, and I have a lot of friends from all over the world. What is wrong with mixing cultures and attitudes?

Why not kick out an over privileged lazy benefit cheat who has no respect for the country and the law? Oh but because they were born here that's fine? But if you are from a country which you fear of rape everyday then you can't come here.... 

Would bigot be better then? They are both as severe as each other.

I live in an area that is full of people from all nationalities, and I have a lot of friends from all over the world. What is wrong with mixing cultures and attitudes?

Why not kick out an over privileged lazy benefit cheat who has no respect for the country and the law? Oh but because they were born here that's fine? But if you are from a country which you fear of rape everyday then you can't come here....

Nope, wrong again. Lazy lazy tins pick out a buzz word and aim it at someone.

I don't care what colour or religion someone is as long as they bring the skills that the country needs.

Ah right okay... So what you are saying then is someone is afraid of being raped, or something else equally as nasty so they can legitimately go to another country. Fine. You still haven't bothered answering the lack of jobs, lack of housing and overcrowding issue we have here. So come on Einstein, how many people do we let in that are being persecuted? You have to say all otherwise that will be seen as discriminating, something you have some sort of bee in your bonnet about.

Can't wait to see how you deal with this tins, before the UK becomes a ghetto full of British and immigrants living on the streets as there is no housing. Living off welfare as there are no jobs and eating into public funds to support them.

But hey ho let everyone in, we can all sit around hugging one another discussing what a wonderful multicultural society we all live in.

I will add I do have an uneasy feeling about Islam by its very nature wanting to spread throughout the world and nullify other religions. But that is a dislike of that religion. There are many other points in other religions I dislike, but the same can be said for other religions. I don't dislike the people of the religion (apart from those who cause harm)

So explain bigot?

You can't I am betting you just think you are superior to everyone else because you have friends of different races and religions. Wow how great for you. Do you know what race and what religion I was born into? Bold statements. I am a bigot and a racist. Now if you would be so kind explain why you think I am a racist and a bigot. And how that correlates to what I have typed.

I will happily call you a buzz word lefty bingo word of a the moment bullshit flinger.

Nope, wrong again. Lazy lazy tins pick out a buzz word and aim it at someone.

I don't care what colour or religion someone is as long as they bring the skills that the country needs.

Ah right okay... So what you are saying then is someone is afraid of being raped, or something else equally as nasty so they can legitimately go to another country. Fine. You still haven't bothered answering the lack of jobs, lack of housing and overcrowding issue we have here. So come on Einstein, how many people do we let in that are being persecuted? You have to say all otherwise that will be seen as discriminating, something you have some sort of bee in your bonnet about.

Can't wait to see how you deal with this tins, before the UK becomes a ghetto full of British and immigrants living on the streets as there is no housing. Living off welfare as there are no jobs and eating into public funds to support them.

But hey ho let everyone in, we can all sit around hugging one another discussing what a wonderful multicultural society we all live in.

I will add I do have an uneasy feeling about Islam by its very nature wanting to spread throughout the world and nullify other religions. But that is a dislike of that religion. There are many other points in other religions I dislike, but the same can be said for other religions. I don't dislike the people of the religion (apart from those who cause harm)

So explain bigot?

You can't I am betting you just think you are superior to everyone else because you have friends of different races and religions. Wow how great for you. Do you know what race and what religion I was born into? Bold statements. I am a bigot and a racist. Now if you would be so kind explain why you think I am a racist and a bigot. And how that correlates to what I have typed.

I will happily call you a buzz word lefty bingo word of a the moment bullshit flinger.

How are you not a bigot?

You have prejudices against another religion. That is bigotry.

How are you not a bigot?

You have prejudices against another religion. That is bigotry.

Bigotry is treating a person in a prejudiced manner based on religion sexuality race etc etc. Now read what I said again and find some more words from your buzzword box and try answering the other questions, or don't they sit well in your utopian multicultural world.

I'm a bigot and a racist. Nice one tins what a man.

Bigotry is treating a person in a prejudiced manner based on religion sexuality race etc etc. Now read what I said again and find some more words from your buzzword box and try answering the other questions, or don't they sit well in your utopian multicultural world.

I'm a bigot and a racist. Nice one tins what a man.

Bigot is exactly the word. Are you saying you aren't prejudice towards Islam?

Bigot is exactly the word. Are you saying you aren't prejudice towards Islam?

I dislike all religions. I don't treat any member of those religions any differently to anyone else. Unless there is good reason to do so, and that goes for anyone, be they a member of a religion or not.

I think all people who belong to a religion are a little odd living their life to those rules. Each to their own. I am not being prejudice towards them

Explain why I am a bigot and a racist, that is your accusation isn't it?

I dislike all religions. I don't treat any member of those religions any differently to anyone else. Unless there is good reason to do so, and that goes for anyone, be they a member of a religion or not.

I think all people who belong to a religion are a little odd living their life to those rules. Each to their own. I am not being prejudice towards them

Explain why I am a bigot and a racist, that is your accusation isn't it?

Because you are treating people in a negative manner based on them being religious.

Because you are treating people in a negative manner based on them being religious.

You cannot read Tins

Come back when you have taught yourself how to read, and how to use a Dictionary and/ or Thesaurus so you can accuse someone of being something legitimately.

You are not worth getting RSI over.

You cannot read Tins

Come back when you have taught yourself how to read, and how to use a Dictionary and/ or Thesaurus so you can accuse someone of being something legitimately.

You are not worth getting RSI over.

Ok TRL, whatever you say dear.

OK, so pretty much every religion must fall into your racist and bigoted category, they are all pretty negative about every other religions? and very intolerant towards evolutionists, gays and women.

You are talking utter nonsense.

I'm not going to get into this debate again, but apart from a small number 90% of halal animals are slaughtered the same way as meat that's not halal. The only difference in those cases is the prayer.

The other 10% are following what they think is right, I think they are wrong. No animals we kill to eat can possible be halal because of the way we farm them first.

For the record I don't eat meat at all.

I'm not going to get into this debate again, but apart from a small number 90% of halal animals are slaughtered the same way as meat that's not halal. The only difference in those cases is the prayer.

The other 10% are following what they think is right, I think they are wrong. No animals we kill to eat can possible be halal because of the way we farm them first.

For the record I don't eat meat at all.

You can hardly say 10% is a small number when it could account for millions.

So you are a uni student who can use the internet.

Thank god. For a second I thought you might have been a grown-up.

I'm actually in a stable job, my Uni days are long gone.

Here's some culture mixing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D7TR-keeHs&app=desktop

ignore the nice poster on the van. Listen to the words. "You must"  "Do your duty to Allah"  "All must worship Allah"    ."There is only one god.  All others must follow."

These are religious nutters Tins, as by your posts, you haven't met any.

And this is what happens when a bunch get together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBtct-z9JS8

These are Islamists, and unless you believe that Allah is the only god, and you do exactly as they say - they will chase you.

And yes, they come in white as well - as its a religion, not a skin colour.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/dec/20/soldiers-firebombed-mosque-lee-rigby-murder-jailed

Look these are ex-soldiers. Maybe we should imprison all soldiers, or is it wrong to tarnish everyone with the same brush like you are doing?

Archived