IGNORED

Halal Meat

RedRock

Can you actually get bacon in morroco I worked in rabat and agadir for ages and the only places you could get pork was in the western hotels. Although beer was available in town.

No, but I am in Bristol at the moment so filling up on everything. Alcohol is readily available to anyone in Morocco. There are plenty of bars (2 near Rabat Ville station that come to mind) and the bigger supermarkets sell it also even though it is Haram

No, but I am in Bristol at the moment so filling up on everything. Alcohol is readily available to anyone in Morocco. There are plenty of bars and the bigger supermarkets sell it also even though it is Haram.

Not sure what happened there

Technically you might be right, but you are guilty of sophistry in using that as a justification of your statements.

I'd like to quote Nesrine Malik's response to Richard Dawkins, as my response to you:

"Racism is behaviour, not an informed academic position. I doubt that anyone abusing Muslims in the street, or defacing a mosque, or snatching a veil off a woman's face, has paused to examine their premise beforehand. The argument that Islam is not a race is a cop out. It's time that we dispensed with it once and for all, because it prevents us from identifying acts motivated by hatred for what they really are. Islam might not be a race, but using that as a fig leaf for your unthinking prejudice is almost certainly racist."

If I hated Muslims and Islam I would not be a racist. You turn it around to mean that all you like, but it still doesn't mean I hate a race. If I did hate Muslims and Islam I think islamaphobe may be closer I guess that could mean fear of Islam

Split the two or you are doing true rascism a disservice. Anti Semite islamaphobe haters of christans and catholics etc etc, don't use the wrong words to try and stick everybody in a convenient asshole bracket. Because that is what you are doing trying to justify the use of the word racist here.

No, but I am in Bristol at the moment so filling up on everything. Alcohol is readily available to anyone in Morocco. There are plenty of bars (2 near Rabat Ville station that come to mind) and the bigger supermarkets sell it also even though it is Haram

Does one of the bars have a really bad karaoke night that loads of locals go to?

Yes, but if you read my posts I actually said I find it more tender. When asked about difference in taste I said I didn't think there was.

I'm off to the shop now to buy a nice pork pie for lunch

Fair enough, I didn't see that post first time round.

Each to their own, and I wouldn't enforce my opinion on anyone - my mates think its a bit weird that I am "fussy" about it but just my choice.

Fair enough, I didn't see that post first time round.

Each to their own, and I wouldn't enforce my opinion on anyone - my mates think its a bit weird that I am "fussy" about it but just my choice.

No problem.

I'm sure your mates have their own fussy ways over different things as well. At the end of the day it's down to one's personal choice and we should respect that.

By the way the pork pie morphed into Shepherds Pie

Fair enough, read that parliament PDF its quite interesting that halal accounts for 25% of the market and its impossible at present to trace exactly this.

It suggests that there is way more unlabeled halal than is needed to fill the bellies of the Muslims.

I get that, but is that because Muslims are buying 25% of the market (or people who specifically want halal meat) or is it because a lot of people are a) ignorant to the difference and b) not bothered whether its halal or not. I don't think sales of meat in the UK would drop by that 25% if Halal meat suddenly stopped appearing on shelves.

I get that, but is that because Muslims are buying 25% of the market (or people who specifically want halal meat) or is it because a lot of people are a) ignorant to the difference and b) not bothered whether its halal or not. I don't think sales of meat in the UK would drop by that 25% if Halal meat suddenly stopped appearing on shelves.

Little bit of a, little bit of b. You can buy meat labelled as halal in Tesco and if it was on offer- 2 for 1 or whatever- it's fly off the shelves and probably (discretely) into the shopping trolleys of some people who would normally refuse to eat halal meat. If there's one thing us Brits (and especially in Yorkshire where I live) love more than our principals, it's a good deal!

Little bit of a, little bit of b. You can buy meat labelled as halal in Tesco and if it was on offer- 2 for 1 or whatever- it's fly off the shelves and probably (discretely) into the shopping trolleys of some people who would normally refuse to eat halal meat. If there's one thing us Brits (and especially in Yorkshire where I live) love more than our principals, it's a good deal!

Quite true...

I get that, but is that because Muslims are buying 25% of the market (or people who specifically want halal meat) or is it because a lot of people are a) ignorant to the difference and b) not bothered whether its halal or not. I don't think sales of meat in the UK would drop by that 25% if Halal meat suddenly stopped appearing on shelves.

It's because a lot of the time same place same process just a guy saying a prayer over the animals as they get butchered.

Oh and those who say slitting of the neck has no place in civalised society how do you think they get the blood out of non halal produce?

Labelling the produce clearly as halal [the market for kosher food in the UK is tiny] - including on takeaway menus and in manufactured food - is the first step. That way those of us who object to the practise can avoid it. Schools, hospitals etc, should provide alternatives.

Perhaps a solution.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-26020090

Totally independent organic/halal farming and slaughter. Interesting to read that the 5% Muslim population consume over 20% of all red meat produced in the UK.

At 5% of the population, there would surely not be enough demand to have Halal food available in high streets everywhere, but consider the fact Muslims consume nearly a quarter of all red meat produced and any business would be foolish to ignore that share of the market. This is why we are seeing more Halal options in everyday places.

I think that is just about the closest thing to the quranic description of what halal is.  For meat to be truely halal the animal before slauter should have had a good life.

Sure - but Halal should be the alternative.

The school situation is a perfect example of the Islamist doctrine.

Halal was introduced, I'm sure, as a sign of acceptance, that Muslims had, if they wanted, the option to eat 'their' food. To included them.

The Islamists then managed to make pork unacceptable as it was offensive.

Why was the Pork banned?

Purely to dominate. To force things closer to an Islamic state in the UK.

Have any schools with a strong Indian community demanded Beef be banned? No.

Islamists keep demanding things be their own way.

Halal meat. The right to cover their faces in banks and post offices.

Segregated swimming days.

This is simply not acceptable. Islam is a divisive religion. An insidious one.

The division on these threads are proof of that - there is no other religion condemned as universally as Islam - because of the actions of staunch Islamists which are just simply incompatible with educated western societies.

We do not want sharia Law.

We do not want the clitoris of children removed.

We do not want Jews, Homosexuals or Troops killed.

We do not want animals to be slaughtered alive and conscious.

I cannot see why anyone can defend the desires of Islamists for the above to happen.

It should be people like Davros leading the way to kick these religious nutjobs off to Iran or Pakistan where they can fill their boots with their nonsence - not defend them.

Banning Halal  meat is the first step in the right direction, and appears that it might actually happen.

This is about religious extremism trying to become mainstream.

I'd be opposed to it if it was Sikhism, Buddism or the bloody Trappist monks trying on the same stupidity.

England is a secular country. That should never change.

There took out your double line spacing ;)

Archived