IGNORED

Justified? - El Abd - Did He Or Didnt He?

WhistleHappy

Once properly bedded in I think he will be good for us. If he gives away the odd pen, Freekick, red or yellow card, we live with it, for too long we have been a soft touch letting people just run through us. If he starts stopping this through dodgy means great.

Of course he will have to start to justify his inclusion by stiffing up a wobbly defence. If he can do that after having a good pre season with his new colleagues, long may it continue.

I've no problem with a player going in hard and aggressive to win the ball, we have been too soft for too long, firm and fair I like.

Hopefully the time out will give him a chance to think and settle down here. If he really did throw an elbow when 2 goals up it's a bit worrying he feels he needs to do that. I haven't seen much evidence of him being 'hard' either, just lots of being skinned and resorting to shirt tugging.

I've no problem with a player going in hard and aggressive to win the ball, we have been too soft for too long, firm and fair I like.

Hopefully the time out will give him a chance to think and settle down here. If he really did throw an elbow when 2 goals up it's a bit worrying he feels he needs to do that. I haven't seen much evidence of him being 'hard' either, just lots of being skinned and resorting to shirt tugging.

well the all the highlights and match reports I've read and seen are inconclusive, Posh fans think its harsh, city fans think he's the next gus cesar,

I was at the game last night: roughly in line with the incident. I only half saw it, so this wouldn't stand up in court, but it seemed to me that El-Abd tried to rough up their striker off the ball. He definitely stepped into the striker, and it seemed to me deliberate rather than 'accidental' but my gut feeling was that he went in with his shoulder not his elbow.

I actually thought for the first 20 mins he'd looked more solid than I'd seen before: very vocal, organising everyone. Playing dead centre seemed to suit him more. But he was up to the usual tricks all the way through.

I wouldn't swear by this account though.

What I cant get my head around is for years we have been moaning we are "too nice" and that we need a nasty git.

Now we've potentially got that guy and its wrong...

I haven't see enough of him to comment really but from what I have read he is doing the dirty tricks we have been missing

Its only his second ever career red card and the last one was 09/10 so hes not exactly a liability on that front - he knows what hes doing.

I was at the game last night: roughly in line with the incident. I only half saw it, so this wouldn't stand up in court, but it seemed to me that El-Abd tried to rough up their striker off the ball. He definitely stepped into the striker, and it seemed to me deliberate rather than 'accidental' but my gut feeling was that he went in with his shoulder not his elbow.

I actually thought for the first 20 mins he'd looked more solid than I'd seen before: very vocal, organising everyone. Playing dead centre seemed to suit him more. But he was up to the usual tricks all the way through.

I have to say I agree I totally agree with the bit I have highlighted. It was only 20 minutes and as a team we were playing really well which obviously helps, but in the middle of a 3 with the pacier Osbourne and Williams beside him I thought he looked more assured than he has previously.

Have no idea about the red card. I have to say though signing a player with a reputation for being a bit dirty, a bit of a cheat and being loved by fans of his previous club for the ability to wind up the opposition (bought Ricky Lambert's only ever red card by all accounts) and then when playing for City getting sent off unfairly would sum our luck up perfectly.

Well said that man, that would appear to be the bottom line indeed and having a match thread full of OTIB posters with super powers condemning the guy before seeing it on TV or there was anybody who was there give an eye witness account, that really does not help the club or the player, but having a player who can contribute (eventually) in a way he did at Brighton would be helpful.

I seen it, it was bullshit it made me so mad!  Bull as in play acting!

I would agree with a that, accept I think Brit went down like a sack of spuds from a bush of the arm nothing more.  And I was watching it becuase I wasnt following the ball I was watching Ajose and Brit during their attacks.

I would agree with a that, accept I think Brit went down like a sack of spuds from a bush of the arm nothing more.  And I was watching it becuase I wasnt following the ball I was watching Ajose and Brit during their attacks.

I was trying to spot the sniper in the stands....

...seems a lack of conclusive evidence either way as to whether there was an 'elbow' or not and if the sending off was justified or a miscarriage of justice due to antics of a play-acting cheat... I dont know, wasnt there, havent a clue, not seen Sky coverage etc etc.. I'm not too bothered to be honest.

What I'm interested to know is the answer to the title thread......

Did Al Abd.... WALK LIKE AN EEJIT SON??...   :)

To answer your question, :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se:

So the people on here calling him a disgrace and not fit to wear the shirt are wrong Davos?,

It will be intresting to see if we appeal or not, can't say I'm fussed ether way as I'd rather have a centre pairing of Osborne and Williams as it remins me of Carey and fontaine before one colleected his pension and the other became shit

I'm going to stick my neck out on this one and defend El Abd. I wasnt there and can only go from the youtube footage which isnt conclusive to say the least, but i've watched it time and time again frame by frame and you don't properly get to see the whole incident, the first point you can see it is at the fade (just on the "both" of "and sam baldock's got them both") and the first point you see is El Abd with a fully stretched arm. So he may have punched him, but from the admittedly poor footage, i'd say an elbow was unlikely.

I just looked at the player footage if thats all they have, he wont get his card recinded, you can see brit is bullshit diving and there is nothing in it but there are litterally 2 frames thats all.  It just confimed to me what I seen, which was brit take a dive off the back of Al Abd having his arm out.

Adam from what I seen last night and can see on player did chuff all wrong.  If the club have better quality footage then maybe we will have half a chance of appealing but if not its whats in the refs book and it will stand.

I did have my eye on Brit as the ball was comming in so seen what was happening, and at the time looked like nothing.

So the people on here calling him a disgrace and not fit to wear the shirt are wrong Davos?,

It will be intresting to see if we appeal or not, can't say I'm fussed ether way as I'd rather have a centre pairing of Osborne and Williams as it remins me of Carey and fontaine before one colleected his pension and the other became shit

If you go player its 3.02 ish with the few frames there are you can see he takes a dive

...when red-carded I'm still curious to know if he Walked Like An Eegit Son ? (sorry for repeat :) )

or depending on the state of the Posh pitch & if it was heavily sanded...

Did he perhaps go in a style resembling Butch Abd & the SandDance Kid?

(ok, its been a rough start but hope he finds some form soon when called upon & proves himself to be a valuable asset (rather than a liability) & contributes to the overall ongoing future success of the squad in a possitive way)

First pun was pretty good.......but i would quit while your ahead

Ferguson mentioned El Abd in his post match interview saying that they looked at his tendency to be 'aggressive' and that he told his players 'not to get involved with him'.

Maybe that Posh code for ' do all you can to get him sent off'

I think this is the post that sums it up. His reputation went before him and Furguson briefed his players to wind him up knowing that at least El Abd would get booked and at best sent off.

I think this is the post that sums it up. His reputation went before him and Furguson briefed his players to wind him up knowing that at least El Abd would get booked and at best sent off.

Wind him up and when he gets involved in his usual stuff take a dive like you've been shot. More disgraceful from Assombalonga than El-Abd IMO. Knew exactly what he was doing.

from what i could see there was certainly no way he elbowed him as his arm was outstretched then Assombolonga went down, seems to have been vilified by people who just dont like the bloke and think he is not good enough, he may or may not be good enough but to be vilified for something which he probably didnt do seems a bit harsh

from what i could see there was certainly no way he elbowed him as his arm was outstretched then Assombolonga went down, seems to have been vilified by people who just dont like the bloke and think he is not good enough, he may or may not be good enough but to be vilified for something which he probably didnt do seems a bit harsh

I'd say you're bang on, some of the stuff I herd at half time from people who openly admitted they didn't see it. Some fans should be ashamed of themselves.

Wind him up and when he gets involved in his usual stuff take a dive like you've been shot. More disgraceful from Assombalonga than El-Abd IMO. Knew exactly what he was doing.

Exactly. - wind him up, get him to do something stupid, and then take a dive. Not saying it's right to take a dive but it's what many players do. El Abd fell for a simple ploy based on his reputation. If he spent more time trying to actually play football rather than all the niggles and pulling he might be a far better player.

Exactly. - wind him up, get him to do something stupid, and then take a dive. Not saying it's right to take a dive but it's what many players do. El Abd fell for a simple ploy based on his reputation. If he spent more time trying to actually play football rather than all the niggles and pulling he might be a far better player.

and I cannot think of a more cowardly, gutless, shameless act than trying to deliberately get a player sent off by feigning being attacked, mans game my arse, the game is inhabited by ladyboys who believe it is ok to fall to the ground screaming like a tart at an Osmonds concert for no reason. Perhaps if Assholebalonga acted like a man playing a mans sport he might become a better human being.

If you go player its 3.02 ish with the few frames there are you can see he takes a dive

Looking at player, you still only get a few frames to look at but to me it looks like a definite dive. It looks like El-Abd's arm moves out and touches the Posh player around the rib cage. No need to go down, hopefully it will be rescinded.

Archived