IGNORED

Justified? - El Abd - Did He Or Didnt He?

WhistleHappy

...seems a lack of conclusive evidence either way as to whether there was an 'elbow' or not and if the sending off was justified or a miscarriage of justice due to antics of a play-acting cheat... I dont know, wasnt there, havent a clue, not seen Sky coverage etc etc.. I'm not too bothered to be honest.

What I'm interested to know is the answer to the title thread......

Did Al Abd.... WALK LIKE AN EEJIT SON??...  :)

...seems a lack of conclusive evidence either way as to whether there was an 'elbow' or not and if the sending off was justified or a miscarriage of justice due to antics of a play-acting cheat... I dont know, wasnt there, havent a clue, not seen Sky coverage etc etc.. I'm not too bothered to be honest.

What I'm interested to know is the answer to the title thread......

Did Al Abd.... WALK LIKE AN EEJIT SON??... :)

Princely pun Whappy !

not seen it yet posh fans seem to think it was harsh, as their strikers was worse but ho hum,

He hasn't been great and he's had time to settle so needs to buck his ideas up

Well said that man, that would appear to be the bottom line indeed and having a match thread full of OTIB posters with super powers condemning the guy before seeing it on TV or there was anybody who was there give an eye witness account, that really does not help the club or the player, but having a player who can contribute (eventually) in a way he did at Brighton would be helpful.

Surely no smoke without fire.

I think that's it. He has a reputation which he himself has earned.

Williams and Osbourne didn't seem to get in any kind of that sort of trouble last night and they flung themselves at the ball for 70 mins.

Smoke without fire in this case is a two way street, on one hand a known wind up merchant and on the other a known cheat.

But hey let's put the boot into our own player, with so far no concrete evidence.

Smoke without fire in this case is a two way street, on one hand a known wind up merchant and on the other a known cheat.

But hey let's put the boot into our own player, with so far no concrete evidence.

I'm not putting the boot in to our player, just saying the lino must have seen something and if he did it's ill discipline from an experienced player that could have cost us the game.

Well said that man, that would appear to be the bottom line indeed and having a match thread full of OTIB posters with super powers condemning the guy before seeing it on TV or there was anybody who was there give an eye witness account, that really does not help the club or the player, but having a player who can contribute (eventually) in a way he did at Brighton would be helpful.

Couldn't agree more. The number of people who said "I haven't seen it but he's a disgrace and shouldn't wear the shirt again" is amazing. I wasn't there and I haven't seen highlights so until I do I will reserve judgement and advise everyone else to do so. Even if he did do it, I'd get used to seeing him in a City shirt again because he's got another couple of years left on what I imagine is a reasonably lucrative contract

Good news is we might be safe before he gets back in the team...

The point is not really whether he did it but that he is constantly throwing his arms about and concentrating on pulling the man a set pieces etc rather than playing the ball. An accident waiting to happen unfortunately.

Hope this helps him realise that he can't get away with it in the future.

The linesman was waving his flag instantly when he hit the deck. He did see something.

I dont think the referee saw anything, like the rest of us because we were ball watching but the linesman was watching the offside line and would have seen more than many.

The decision to send him off was taken pretty quickly as well so I dont think he had any doubt what he saw.

The point is not really whether he did it but that he is constantly throwing his arms about and concentrating on pulling the man a set pieces etc rather than playing the ball. An accident waiting to happen unfortunately.

Thats pretty much my view.

I didn't see the incident. I saw the player on the floor, a linesman waving his flag, a referee nod his head in conversation pointing at El Abd and then a red card.

BUT - How many freekicks which genuinely were free kicks does he give away and did so at Shrewsbury with idiotic pushing and shoving at completely stupid times to do so (i/e 2-3 up and on the edge of our box with 5 mins left).

I dont know if he elbowed him or not. The linesman clearly thinks he saw him doing it, but I have seen the guy do a fair bit of 'black art' defending the last few games which suggests he is much more liable to put us in the sort of sh*t we found ourselves last night than say Derek Williams would.

The linesman was waving his flag instantly when he hit the deck. He did see something.

I dont think the referee saw anything, like the rest of us because we were ball watching but the linesman was watching the offside line and would have seen more than many.

The decision to send him off was taken pretty quickly as well so I dont think he had any doubt what he saw.

What will be interesting is when City get the official version from the ref as to what the linesman said he saw and to see if it matches up with the inconclusive video evidence, but apparently showing minimal contact.

to be honest vinnie jones springs to mind, you don't want to play against him but you'd love him in your team,

Remember our run has come with him in the side so he is contrubuting to the team,

He still hasn't been great and needs to improve but people need to give him a chance to do so instead of writing him off,

Good news is we might be safe before he gets back in the team...

Hope this helps him realise that he can't get away with it in the future.

3 more good defensive performances from Williams and Osbourne and he won't get back in the team.

...when red-carded I'm still curious to know if he Walked Like An Eegit Son ? (sorry for repeat :) )

or depending on the state of the Posh pitch & if it was heavily sanded...

Did he perhaps go in a style resembling Butch Abd & the SandDance Kid?

(ok, its been a rough start but hope he finds some form soon when called upon & proves himself to be a valuable asset (rather than a liability) & contributes to the overall ongoing future success of the squad in a possitive way)

Highlights on Posh's Youtube channel...

Not that easy to see what did or didn't happen.

Which I guess means the club won't have much hope of an appeal.

What annoyed me is Britt Asombalonga was yellow carded in the first half yet in the 2nd half when he took a dive resulting in a goal kick to us he should of been sent of for a 2nd bookable offense - but he wasn't.

Didn't see if Al-Abd swang for him or not but the biggest shame was we were rampant, could of had 3 or 4 and I believe we would have scored more.

Still a fantastic battling display led by Osbourne, Baldock and W.Elliott...how I'd love for us to make it 4 wins on the bounce!

Archived