IGNORED

Justified? - El Abd - Did He Or Didnt He?

WhistleHappy

NEWS: #BristolCity confirm there will be no appeal for Adam El-Abd's red card at Peterborough United.

Twitter.

That can mean that there isn't enough decent evidence to appeal - not that they accept he was wrong.

In any case, as Davros says, Assombolonga appears to be touched in the chest but fell like a sack of spuds holding his head. It would be karma if next time he suffers a genuine injury, he isn't believed.

Just watched the highlights on City Player there's no commentary but if you turn the volume right up you can hear the local media in the press box talking in the background. One of them says 'that  Ass just fell over with minimal contact and it wasn't a free kick but we'll take it and then later when he said when Ass fouls Williams he says 'lucky boy' when he only got a yellow he also said 'this lot' would beat us with 6 or 7 men cus we were so much better than them :laugh:

Just watched the highlights on City Player there's no commentary but if you turn the volume right up you can hear the local media in the press box talking in the background. One of them says 'that Ass just fell over with minimal contact and it wasn't a free kick but we'll take it and then later when he said when Ass fouls Williams he says 'lucky boy' when he only got a yellow he also said 'this lot' would beat us with 6 or 7 men cus we were so much better than them :laugh:

I hope their season turns to shit.

What you put around, comes around.

El Abd has a reputation for off the ball stuff, he's bound to get caught out now and then by someone giving it back.

Which is fair enough in my book.

The point is he doesn't have a reputation for elbows on the chin, he is a niggler, done probably to get a reaction rather than have someone hit the deck. I believe we should support him, vilify Posh and get behind our players and team.

Maybe just maybe someone got some video on their phone ? seems like the posh footage has been conveniently edited

to a millisecond just after the alleged incident,

I was wondering that.

I've got some footage of the match - not of the incident - but if I had captured it what could I do?

I'm not supposed to be taking videos inside the stadium legally am I?

I was wondering that.

I've got some footage of the match - not of the incident - but if I had captured it what could I do?

I'm not supposed to be taking videos inside the stadium legally am I?

Do what you like for your own use. Not supposed to share them.

Well, he got a reaction didn't he.

No need for it, right on the edge of our penalty area as well.

He needs to cut it out, its just stupid and counter productive.

That's cobblers could have been Osbourne or any of our defence there was no real niggling, he ran into a flailing arm. You can see a few frames of it on player, its just not enough for an appeal.

What you put around, comes around.

El Abd has a reputation for off the ball stuff, he's bound to get caught out now and then by someone giving it back.

Which is fair enough in my book.

Well, he got a reaction didn't he.

No need for it, right on the edge of our penalty area as well.

He needs to cut it out, its just stupid and counter productive.

Wow what has football come to when a cowardly cheat, who falls down screaming holding his face with the sole intention of getting a fellow pro sent off is claimed to be 'someone giving it back'?, what a crock.

Would you feel the same if an England batsmen went down clutching his face after a sledging incident ended in a face to face confrontation?.

his cheating backfired on him though ;)  we defended the best we have all season and sammy passed him in the goals for column.

as for el abd,it was going to happen sooner or later anyway,ive seen more than enough of him groping his marker off the ball,

always in dangerous positions too,hes going to get more cards if he doesnt clean his act up,hopefully we can nail a clean sheet for a week or two without him,that might change the bosses selection tactics

...seems a lack of conclusive evidence either way as to whether there was an 'elbow' or not and if the sending off was justified or a miscarriage of justice due to antics of a play-acting cheat... I dont know, wasnt there, havent a clue, not seen Sky coverage etc etc.. I'm not too bothered to be honest.

What I'm interested to know is the answer to the title thread......

Did Al Abd.... WALK LIKE AN EEJIT SON??...   :)

El Abd is a player with fight in him - what we've been lacking for some time at the back and with players like him our form will improve.

El Abd is a player with fight in him - what we've been lacking for some time at the back and with players like him our form will improve.

Agreed, and there seems to be extra villification for the sending off because many fans simply haven't taken to El Abd.

He seemed to do little or nothing to justify a red card.

Imagine if Sam Baldock had been harshly sent off for pushing away a posh defender after a niggly off the ball altercation.

The reaction would have been quite different I suspect - uproar on here in his defence, and outrage towards the posh defender rolling around clutching his head.

Agreed, and there seems to be extra villification for the sending off because many fans simply haven't taken to El Abd.

Imagine if Sam Baldock had been harshly sent off for pushing away a posh defender after a niggly off the ball altercation.

The reaction would have been quite different I suspect - uproar on here in his defence, and outrage towards the posh defender rolling around clutching his head.

spot on,

I'm all for players with bite tho' I'd rather they be in midfield where it could be less costly

I think that the fight was missing under SOD and that's why we were losing so many games. Steve Cotterill helps put the missing fight back in the side by playing El Abd - we get three wins on the bounce for the first time in years - and many posters on here criticize El Abd for his aggression to help keep our defence tight ????!!!! Oh well.

I think that the fight was missing under SOD and that's why we were losing so many games. Steve Cotterill helps put the missing fight back in the side by playing El Abd - we get three wins on the bounce for the first time in years - and many posters on here criticize El Abd for his aggression to help keep our defence tight ????!!!! Oh well.

Intresting comment from Osborne today,

something along the lines of, "They want to perform and win again tomorrow to avoid another hairdryer treatment from SC"

...theres a reason the Kellards, Hunters, Gows, Hartleys et al of this game became legends - hopefully El Abd can go on to become another, just needs to be a bit careful at times, if he gets it right he'll be a winner ..  

...theres a reason the Kellards, Hunters, Gows, Hartleys et al of this game became legends - hopefully El Abd can go on to become another, just needs to be a bit careful at times, if he gets it right he'll be a winner ..

Oh, Bobby Kellard. I had forgotten about Bobby Kellard. Super player, hard as nails. Thanks for reminding me WhistleHappy

Archived