IGNORED

New Centre Back

Major Isewater

Ah Yes Danny Batth part of the wolves team that got relegated last season... with one of the best budgets and squads in the league... Craig Dawson setting the world a light at WBA or wherever he is now.

Craig Dawson and Danny Batth have both been highly rated for a while now. (It just so happens that they were my two centre backs on fm12 with city when I first got promotion to the prem!) But these two always had the potential to play to a high level. 

Anyway Derrick Williams is still only 21 so in a way he could be classed in the category of blooding youth.

Craig Dawson and Danny Batth have both been highly rated for a while now. (It just so happens that they were my two centre backs on fm12 with city when I first got promotion to the prem!) But these two always had the potential to play to a high level. 

Anyway Derrick Williams is still only 21 so in a way he could be classed in the category of blooding youth.

both were loaned out, Dawson went back to rochdale to get experiance and Baith went to Colechester, they were not thrown right into first team action as you are suggesting we do with Brundle (who is out on loan) and Batten (who can't get into the under 21's)

both were loaned out, Dawson went back to rochdale to get experiance and Baith went to Colechester, they were not thrown right into first team action as you are suggesting we do with Brundle (who is out on loan) and Batten (who can't get into the under 21's)

Exactly! If they were on the bench and performing in the U21's then sure play them. The fact is they are either not good enough or not ready and we are not in a position to play players like that

We need comfortable players who can play without pressure

Not sure 21 can be classed as youth.

Any youngster seen to have real potential should surely be ready to make his debut by 19 - assuming he comes in to a fairly confident settled team.

How old is Batten, anyobody know?

Clearly means Fontaine and Carey will never play for us again.

I know Flint could be out some time and el-abd will miss 3 games but we haven't exactly got a crisis at the back have we? Are Osbourne and Williams not up to starting with fonts and Carey covering?

I know Flint could be out some time and el-abd will miss 3 games but we haven't exactly got a crisis at the back have we? Are Osbourne and Williams not up to starting with fonts and Carey covering?

Quite We need to be blooding youngsters like young Carey ;0)

Your OP seemed to openly suggest we should be blooding youngsters (of seemingly unknown quality) in ahead of bringing in Nosworthy, for instance. If they were like-for-like I'd agree, but without knowing that it's a pointless but common assertion.

If you weren't saying that then of course I apologise for misinterpreting.

Nice post,you don't have to apologise mate.

Carey is suspended for 3 games he got sent off for the under 21's, we have no cover at centre back and I think we are going to continue with the 3-5-2 formation thats been working so well,

Carey is suspended for 3 games he got sent off for the under 21's, we have no cover at centre back and I think we are going to continue with the 3-5-2 formation thats been working so well,

No he isn't. He is suspended for 1 game from 24/03/2014. 

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/suspensions - select 'Football League 1', 'Both' and 'Both'.

No he isn't. He is suspended for 1 game from 24/03/2014. 

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/suspensions - select 'Football League 1', 'Both' and 'Both'.

Either way, apart from getting the record out the way asap does anyone really feel Carey has ever been in SC's plans?

Either way, apart from getting the record out the way asap does anyone really feel Carey has ever been in SC's plans?

Did a sterling job up at Notts County which should have helped us to three points, by all accounts. Puzzling why that didn't earn him a single other start.

Archived