Dollymarie

I'd like to buy a ball and chain and fill it up with led

And when I saw a Rovers fan I'd wrap it round his head

It's the East End feelin oh yes it is

If you go down to the woods today, you're sure of a big surprise

If you go down to the woods today you'll never believe your eyes

Cos Jeremy the Sugar Puff Bear has bought some boots and cropped his hair

And gone to join the East End Bootboys

Two classics! Where did all these songs go!

I saw my first ever city game from the East End, we'll miss the old girl for sure.

...I'm so pleased you have personified the East End by referring to her as 'the old girl' .... for many thousands of City followers spanning many decades 'she' was, has been & is so much more than just a stand, not just a shed, or 'covered end'.

She, the East End, has played a major part in so many peoples lives, it sounds daft but thats the way it is. 

For many 'kids' back in the sixties and seventies (& even further back I'm sure) 'she' was virtually a teenage crush,a passionate relationship, for others the love affair has continued throughout life, like a secret mistress or an openly flaunted 'bit on the side'.

She has witnessed and experienced so much agony & ecstasy throughout endless Bristol City seasons, the literal Blood Sweat & Tears of the terraces ....

She made us so very happy, we're so glad she came into our lives, hence why I think this youtube link is so appropriate, (be nice to see & hear it with EE related images, it'd be perfect) 

Cheers to the East End, and all who have had the pleasure of her... You've made us so very happy. :dancing6:

Goodbye & thanks. :sad26:    

...I'm so pleased you have personified the East End by referring to her as 'the old girl' .... for many thousands of City followers spanning many decades 'she' was, has been & is so much more than just a stand, not just a shed, or 'covered end'.

She, the East End, has played a major part in so many peoples lives, it sounds daft but thats the way it is. 

For many 'kids' back in the sixties and seventies (& even further back I'm sure) 'she' was virtually a teenage crush,a passionate relationship, for others the love affair has continued throughout life, like a secret mistress or an openly flaunted 'bit on the side'.

She has witnessed and experienced so much agony & ecstasy throughout endless Bristol City seasons, the literal Blood Sweat & Tears of the terraces ....

She made us so very happy, we're so glad she came into our lives, hence why I think this youtube link is so appropriate, (be nice to see & hear it with EE related images, it'd be perfect) 

Cheers to the East End, and all who have had the pleasure of her... You've made us so very happy. :dancing6:

Great post whistler, sums the EE up perfectly IMHO!

God bless the mighty East end, it won't be the same without her.

I still can't believe she won't be there come August TBH, she's always been there! :sad26:

I've heard you can change your seat for free for 3 games a season, is that right? I've only been in the east end for 1 game (that I can remember) but I want to go there for the crewe game

Yes you can usually swap.  The club said at last weeks FP, that they are duty bound to give Crewe the usual percentage, and so if it comes to it and its a crunch game, they may bring a lot of fans with them, which will then reduce how many can be sold/resold in the EE for us.

I'd advise you to phone the ticket office and see if home tickets for the Crewe game have gone on sale yet, so you can swap asap.

Yes you can usually swap. The club said at last weeks FP, that they are duty bound to give Crewe the usual percentage, and so if it comes to it and its a crunch game, they may bring a lot of fans with them, which will then reduce how many can be sold/resold in the EE for us.

I'd advise you to phone the ticket office and see if home tickets for the Crewe game have gone on sale yet, so you can swap asap.

just got ticket for my lad for Preston game and asked when tickets for Crewe go on sale and she said later today, hope that helps

All things bright and beautiful

All creatures great and small.

City rule the West Country

and Rovers rule **** all!

"beertie Mee said to Bill Shankly,

"Have you heard of the North Bank Highbury?",

Shanks said "No, I don't think so",

"But I've heard of the East End aggro",

La, La, La, La......

Or

W

Or All things bright and beautiful

All creatures great and small.

City rule the West Country

and Rovers rule **** all

Propper songs

Great write up CH, and exactly why we should stay at AG.

The ground has been redeveloped a number of times over the years, but it's still Ashton Gate, home of Bristol City.

I'm sure I'm not alone in having two grandfathers who attended games at AG, my father took me, I took my son, now my grandsons attend games.

Fans long departed might not recognise the ground but they know where it is, and where it should always be.

The club doesn't need AV to be successful in the football sense or in a commercial sense.

I wonder if there is anyone still going to the ground that (as a child) can remember it before the east end was built. They'd be in their 90s now, but you never know. 

Saw my first City game on the terraces in front of the old grandstand (had it been burnt down?) opposite the Williams when the occupants of Mandela House still had a view on match day.

http://youtu.be/quVpo96O3ZU

Perfectly summed up!

Let's enjoy these last few games like they're our last because, well... They are

The last Tuesday night in the third or fourth incarnation of the Eastend, I for one was delighted to see so many empty seats in it. A tribute I'm sure to those who are no longer with us, and not a sign of apathy to a stand that affords one of the worse views of professional football in the division.

Let's make it a good one yeah?

We will never have another evening game in the EE as it is now.

:(

Can't believe I wasn't going to go until I read this - Glad I did. Quality night.

Ago Ago Ago Ago Ago Ago Agostino!  :clapping:

Anyone see what all the fuss was about among the Vale fans at the end?  Seemed to be a bit of a 'robust exchange of views' with stewards/players.

Can't believe I wasn't going to go until I read this - Glad I did. Quality night.

Ago Ago Ago Ago Ago Ago Agostino!  :clapping:

Anyone see what all the fuss was about among the Vale fans at the end?  Seemed to be a bit of a 'robust exchange of views' with stewards/players.

Reading another forum, Adam's attacked their fans and has threatened to quit over it!

So glad I went in the EE tonight.

Great atmosphere and loved the past songs for previous players... Agostino, Goater, Jacki etc...

'Cider Submarine' defo song of the night though...

...damn you pub trade and having to work Saturdays!

Great last time for me though. :-)

Archived