IGNORED

Tuesday Night - Last Ever Evening Game In The East End

Dollymarie

On the last ever game with the EE, I asked a Crewe fan on another forum how many they were likely to bring if they had anything riding on it and he replied 900 max and a lot less if their predicament is already sorted. That's a max of 1 block so with minmal segregation, we could have 3500 in there for the last EVER EE match!

The East End hasn't been the same since the introduction of away fans. I have fond memories over the years, city 2-0 wolves springs to mind. Tuesday night, jacki and cole scored I seem to remember. City battling for relegation and been on a bad run. The EE was rocking that night.

Wasn't it Jacki with both? Think it was 88th and 90th minute goals? Great night though, agreed!

An easy one for me, greatest evening East End moment, 16th May 1977, 38,688 in the ground Liverpool, having won the league and preparing for the Cup Final the following Saturday were beaten 2-1 and, as an 11 year old, I remember being carried out by the crowd along the walk-way behind the stand without my feet touching the floor! 

An easy one for me, greatest evening East End moment, 16th May 1977, 38,688 in the ground Liverpool, having won the league and preparing for the Cup Final the following Saturday were beaten 2-1 and, as an 11 year old, I remember being carried out by the crowd along the walk-way behind the stand without my feet touching the floor! 

I remember getting clobbered on the back of the head by a copper's truncheon as I climbed over the fence to get on to the pitch at the end that night!

i watched part of a game up in roof at the back in the 70s -.not a brilliant view but being a small kid it was better than standing as it was completly rammed and no space on any of the bars besides the walkways left to sit on -think it was notts forest

THAT Pompey game with my old man. As a little un, I thought the roof was going to come off!

What a feeling that night was, grown men in tears and everyone hugging each other.

It happened to be my first time on the mighty East end :-D

One for us older 'uns. Maybe not too PC nowadays but when has the EE ever been PC.

I was born under the east end star

knives are made for stabbing

guns are made to shoot

If you meet the east end

you're sure to get the boot

Something like that anyway.

One for us older 'uns. Maybe not too PC nowadays but when has the EE ever been PC.

knives are made for stabbing

guns are made to shoot

If you meet the east end

you're sure to get the boot

Something like that anyway.

Yep think that's right.

Just posted a song sheet that'll tell you

Archived