IGNORED

H Block Next Season

I really hope the club allocate an area of unreserved seating for the EE exiles.

I don't like sitting at football so I hope there will be an understanding in that regard.

Seems unlikely apart from the EE the ground is exclusively allocated seats and seated viewing is enforced. I'd be amazed if they did anything different for EE exiles.

This has all been looked at, thought about and options put in place.

The club will be announcing all the plans soon.

H block seems the sensible option as it's been done before. H block and A block dolman would be good

if you have 100 eastenders in each corner of the ground it should create a decent atmosphere

Seems unlikely apart from the EE the ground is exclusively allocated seats and seated viewing is enforced. I'd be amazed if they did anything different for EE exiles.

I'm getting that impression. Probably clutching at straws thinking otherwise. Makes the whole relocation all the more depressing for me but hopefully it will be a means to an end.

How much of A block in the Dolman is currently seasons ticket holders? Always seem to be pretty full to me. If "eastenders" and "non-eastenders" mix in H Block and A Block then I don't think "eastenders" can expect to stand can they? There will already be people in those blocks who would prefer to sit. I have had many heated discussions with fellow supporters at away matches who insist on standing in amongst a crowd of people who would prefer to sit. My 83 year old mother can't stand whether she hates the Gas or not. I have been given verbal on a number of occasions because I have had to inside on people sitting. Especially a problem if you are being forced by stewards to sit in the allocated seat.

How much of A block in the Dolman is currently seasons ticket holders? Always seem to be pretty full to me. If "eastenders" and "non-eastenders" mix in H Block and A Block then I don't think "eastenders" can expect to stand can they? There will already be people in those blocks who would prefer to sit. I have had many heated discussions with fellow supporters at away matches who insist on standing in amongst a crowd of people who would prefer to sit. My 83 year old mother can't stand whether she hates the Gas or not. I have been given verbal on a number of occasions because I have had to inside on people sitting. Especially a problem if you are being forced by stewards to sit in the allocated seat.

I'm just trying to find places that aren't full to occupy a fair number of eastenders who will be without a seat next season

F block Williams (Well across the back of the Williams is practically empty)

H block ateyo

E? Block dolman (right in the corner by the Eastend) Seems empty most of the time, But I can't see into the corner)

I'm getting that impression. Probably clutching at straws thinking otherwise. Makes the whole relocation all the more depressing for me but hopefully it will be a means to an end.

I'm sure I'd feel the same, the club don't have a great record on appreciating the little things.

H block seems the sensible option as it's been done before. H block and A block dolman would be good

if you have 100 eastenders in each corner of the ground it should create a decent atmosphere

I think the EE will be given the 'option' to relocate to the Williams E and F. About as far as possible from the away fans in Atyeo B,C and D.

At least you'll have a good view of the rebuilding work!

You made some very valid points and there will soon be sitters and standers coming together with different expectations on what they expect from thier matchday experience.

I hope the club recognise this to avoid any heated discussion on matchdays and everyone will be happy.

My concern is that there will be the Eastenders mixing with non-eastenders who don't want to stand and sing, as most of the crowd at Ashton Gate don't. This wouldn't work because it would be such a weird mix of sitting and standing; singing and not singing, that it could be hard to get an atmosphere going especially if people from this season keep their season tickets where they are, in Dolman A block for example where they don't stand or sing. Eastenders going in there would have to put up with a lot of people who just want to sit and watch the game and the Dolman 'A' ST holders would have to put up with a load of eastenders who want to stand and sing. This could quite easily create conflict I reckon.

I think the EE will be given the 'option' to relocate to the Williams E and F. About as far as possible from the away fans in Atyeo B,C and D.

At least you'll have a good view of the rebuilding work!

E and F is where you would go if you trip up on the day looking for a ticket. There may be a very good answer to this but .... I sit in Block C in the Dolman, looking across at the The Williams the left hand side, near the EE, if invariably sparsely populated, I go over there sometimes if my other half wants a day out, very genteel experience. Why aren't the away fans being allowed some space over there instead of putting them in the thick of it in the Atyeo?

My concern is that there will be the Eastenders mixing with non-eastenders who don't want to stand and sing, as most of the crowd at Ashton Gate don't. This wouldn't work because it would be such a weird mix of sitting and standing; singing and not singing, that it could be hard to get an atmosphere going especially if people from this season keep their season tickets where they are, in Dolman A block for example where they don't stand or sing. Eastenders going in there would have to put up with a lot of people who just want to sit and watch the game and the Dolman 'A' ST holders would have to put up with a load of eastenders who want to stand and sing. This could quite easily create conflict I reckon.

Are we running away with this mythical group call "Eastenders"? I would prefer to stand but accept that you have to consider others around you, also the Stewards in the Dolman don't let you stand whether you want to or not. I think you are gong to have to get used to having a back on your seat for a season and sit down during the lulls in the action. Small price to pay for having the ability to recline without fear of banging your head on the step behind.

Are we running away with this mythical group call "Eastenders"? I would prefer to stand but accept that you have to consider others around you, also the Stewards in the Dolman don't let you stand whether you want to or not. I think you are gong to have to get used to having a back on your seat for a season and sit down during the lulls in the action. Small price to pay for having the ability to recline without fear of banging your head on the step behind.

Who wants to recline! I'm not at home watching countryfile.

Sadly I think you are correct regarding the standing the stewards are going to have a field day.

Who wants to recline! I'm not at home watching countryfile.

Sadly I think you are correct regarding the standing the stewards are going to have a field day.

The club have taken all the above concerns and questions into account whilst putting together the options that they will be offering and announcing soon.

Of course, you can't please all the people all of the time, but I think that most people will see that the club have looked at all aspects whilst trying to keep people happy and safe.

The club have taken all the above concerns and questions into account whilst putting together the options that they will be offering and announcing soon.

Of course, you can't please all the people all of the time, but I think that most people will see that the club have looked at all aspects whilst trying to keep people happy and safe.

Good to hear I look forward to the announcement.

So what's going to happen now that the meeting is over and they said the whole Atyeo is now a family stand other than the away part obviously. Seeing as the H block side is now family stand are the H block group going to stay or are we going to have to move? Would they permit singing and standing in a family section?

Don't know what was discussed at the meeting? if it is now to be a family stand next season then we will relocate to another part of the ground.

At the meeting it was discussed that it would in fact be a family section of the stand. So I guess we will most likely have to move then :( Cheers for the confirmation

Think I will wait and see what the options are, if I have to sit in the middle of a group of moaners who whinge every time I stand up, and if the atmosphere is going to be non existent then I really don't know if I will renew. Add to this the price rise and the high risk of conflict of being around people who do not want the same match day experience as me........

Archived