IGNORED

H Block Next Season

So all that work in getting people to return to the parkend. Flags, banners and others. All disregarded by the club. Good one!

That's the way I read it.

I have two ST's one for me and one for my daughter, but as its not a family ticket I guess I have to **** off aswel to another stand...STUPID is what it is, yeah lets all let the little kids suffer the abuse from the away supports..blinding thought proccess there huh !

I've said it elsewhere and so I will say it again.

IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A SEASON TICKET IN THE ATYEO IN WHATEVER SHAPE OR FORM, YOU CAN STAY IN THE ATYEO NEXT SEASON.

(It's just people wanting to transfer in who will struggle due to the amount of ST holders already in there. With segregation and away fans, there just isn't the space, hence it being families only who can move there, space permitting)

I have two ST's one for me and one for my daughter, but as its not a family ticket I guess I have to **** off aswel to another stand...STUPID is what it is, yeah lets all let the little kids suffer the abuse from the away supports..blinding thought proccess there huh !

All current Atyeo season ticket holders in b, c and d will be able to relocate within the stand but fans from all other stands will only get the chance to relocate to Atyeo once existing ST holders have renewed. But only with a family ticket...

I think the thought process the club went through on this was to look at what Cardiff have done.

They seem to think that by putting families next to the away fans means that the home fans will behave themselves, and the away fans will have no opposition support to antagonise and so will also behave themselves.

I understand this has worked a treat at Cardiff and arrests / ejections from the ground have massively reduced.

I believe this is an attempt to sanitise the atmos further and to solve problems such as the 'netters' and general 'gobbing off'.

I'd suggest, if people wanna have any semblance of banter with the away fans, that they go to the Williams at the Atyeo end.  I'd also guess that the back 10-15 rows up there could potentially get away with a bit of standing?  There doesn't ever seem to be many people up in that corner?  Just a thought.

I think the thought process the club went through on this was to look at what Cardiff have done.

They seem to think that by putting families next to the away fans means that the home fans will behave themselves, and the away fans will have no opposition support to antagonise and so will also behave themselves.

I understand this has worked a treat at Cardiff and arrests / ejections from the ground have massively reduced.

I believe this is an attempt to sanitise the atmos further and to solve problems such as the 'netters' and general 'gobbing off'.

I'd suggest, if people wanna have any semblance of banter with the away fans, that they go to the Williams at the Atyeo end.  I'd also guess that the back 10-15 rows up there could potentially get away with a bit of standing?  There doesn't ever seem to be many people up in that corner?  Just a thought.

So what you're saying, is that if it wasn't for the netters, the drummer and the inefficiencies of my personal account manager, home supporters could have sat next to visiting supporters and punched them about the head at will.

I'd suggest, if people wanna have any semblance of banter with the away fans, that they go to the Williams at the Atyeo end. I'd also guess that the back 10-15 rows up there could potentially get away with a bit of standing? There doesn't ever seem to be many people up in that corner? Just a thought.

Agreed. An easy way of reducing the likelihood of trouble.

The perceived likelihood of trouble may be reduced so much by the club that it is possible to have a smaller segregated area than that which is currently used in the East End.

I've said it elsewhere and so I will say it again.

IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A SEASON TICKET IN THE ATYEO IN WHATEVER SHAPE OR FORM, YOU CAN STAY IN THE ATYEO NEXT SEASON.

(It's just people wanting to transfer in who will struggle due to the amount of ST holders already in there. With segregation and away fans, there just isn't the space, hence it being families only who can move there, space permitting)

Sorry that doesnt make sense.

There isnt space for individual people to move yet there is enough space for family tickets which are a minimum of 4?

Why dont the club just come out and say if you currently sit in the EE you are nothing but trouble and this is the best way to deal with it!

There isnt space for individual people to move yet there is enough space for family tickets which are a minimum of 4?

Why dont the club just come out and say if you currently sit in the EE you are nothing but trouble and this is the best way to deal with it!

Because the blocks that aren't away fans designated are still the family stand. Hence why more families can go in there.

People are just looking for conspiracy theories where there are none.

We're all gonna have to move at some point over the next few years.

Why not wait until everything is released next week before making judgements :)

Or they could say, 'to avoid diluting the atmosphere, we'll be looking to make available a selection of seats at a reasonable price so that those who are moving from the EastEnd can congregate in a similar group.'

You could try giving them a bit of time, this is hardly a first world problem.

Because the blocks that aren't away fans designated are still the family stand. Hence why more families can go in there.

People are just looking for conspiracy theories where there are none.

We're all gonna have to move at some point over the next few years.

Why not wait until everything is released next week before making judgements :)

Fair enough, thanks for that.

Think its human nature for people to make assumptions until everything is clarified, rightly or wrongly.

I think it's a given that some of our fans will want to be near the away end (whether to gob off, or to actually create an atmos - and let's face it, it's much easier to get an atmos if you are nearer the away fans, whether people like that or not, it's the truth).

So, maybe the club should do some prep on this.  Just having a look at the seat availability in the Williams, in the upper part - Block A and the first section of Block B, plus the lower stand in Block F house a total of approx 1066 seats (some of which are restricted view).

Of those 1066, a total of 308 are currently 'taken' for the Crewe match.  Meaning 754 are currently unoccupied.

My guess is that a number of fans will purchase season tickets in this area, in order to be next to the away end and have a sing-song.

Inevitably, these people will attempt to stand for a lot of the game.

So, if the club were to work closely with the 300 current ST holders in that area, it might be wise to ask them to shift along one block perhaps, otherwise they're gonna have a lot of people standing up in front of them next season.  Of course, if they don't mind, then fine, but I can foresee a lot of fans moving into that section next season and it may cause upset to some of the 300 currently residing there.

If the club could speak individually to all of those 308 ST holders, and then set the area aside for unreserved standing, then that, to me, would make sense.  Otherwise, there's gonna be a bit of mayhem occurring.

Also far end of Dolman (Block G is it?) may be closed next season due to building work at East End of ground so Dolman will have lower capacity.

Apart from existing ST holders in Atyeo the only people who can buy into Atyeo next season are those wanting family tickets, this will mean quite a jump in ST prices for those who are currently in the East End as they will have to go into Dolman or Williams.

Will happen again the year after for those in the Williams stand.

Ok thanks for clearing that up for me D-Marie 

I must say though that I don't see how the club will fit all the ST holders from blocks BC, and possible D into the rest of the stand though, I appreciate the rest arn't completely full of ST holders but i'm guessing there isnt enough space to accommodate the 3 blocks that need to move.

I suppose the club is hoping that some from B,C, and D will want to move elsewhere in the ground.

Ok.....I was there and am happy for lots of suggestions to be made to convince me that the option raised wasn't the only really viable one.

The Williams, next to where the away fans are currently was not viable for a few reasons.  One being the recently provided disabled area, but chiefly down to facilities.  They just aren't sufficient due to safety regulations imposed upon us.  The toilet, refreshment and turnstile facilities would be insufficient in a segregated area.

H Block, being the least populated in terms of STH's is initially though of as being ideal, however as the eastern Dolman turnstiles will not be open next year, it means that too many people will be entering through the Dolman entrance.  You have home and away fans clashing there and it's very difficult to police.  You also have the Dolman concourse to consider right in front of H block, so that's a no go.  The club HAVE to allocate 10% of the capacity (15% in the FA Cup), which next year will be 14600, to away fans.  We're awaiting confirmation from the FL that we can go slightly below that at 1,100.  The FA have already agreed to reduced capacity for the cup.  This works out at the number of seats in B & C block, which is easier to segregate due to the layout.

The family stand, which is in B& C currently will be relocating to H block, which is obviously furthest away from the away fans.  This is where I sit, so I will be affected by this.  Whilst the more sanitised environment is not ideal, it is clear that you cannot put this group next to the away fans, so not sure where the other options are.  Again, the underpopulated nature of the block makes this the most logical choice.  Anyone in H block already can stay there, whilst being aware of the family nature of the area.  We will pay a reduced premium if we wish to stay - that being the going rate for the family stand (If anyone is able to confirm off the top of their heads how much this was for adults this year I'd be grateful).  If everyone was to renew their tickets in the Atyeo there would be 800 seats available.  If all family block holders renewed and all h-blockers, there would be 54 available seats in that area.  The numbers just match up.  The comments about putting little kids next to the away fans could not be further from the truth and is just another example of people on this forum going into meltdown without being in full possession of the facts.

The comment about the Atyeo becoming a family stand has been misinterpreted I feel.  Dave put it across that the very nature of the stand was more family orientated than the rest of the ground - by the very nature of the people that go in there on the whole, and I agree with this.  You get a much wider age range in there and being an end stand it is more affordable for families.  This is why its remaining as it is now, and why only families can buy in from outside the stand. 

Ok thanks for clearing that up for me D-Marie 

I must say though that I don't see how the club will fit all the ST holders from blocks BC, and possible D into the rest of the stand though, I appreciate the rest arn't completely full of ST holders but i'm guessing there isnt enough space to accommodate the 3 blocks that need to move.

I suppose the club is hoping that some from B,C, and D will want to move elsewhere in the ground.

Hi MP...I've put the figures in my post that I hit in just after yours.  It does all fit.

Ok.....I was there and am happy for lots of suggestions to be made to convince me that the option raised wasn't the only really viable one.

The Williams, next to where the away fans are currently was not viable for a few reasons. One being the recently provided disabled area, but chiefly down to facilities. They just aren't sufficient due to safety regulations imposed upon us. The toilet, refreshment and turnstile facilities would be insufficient in a segregated area.

H Block, being the least populated in terms of STH's is initially though of as being ideal, however as the eastern Dolman turnstiles will not be open next year, it means that too many people will be entering through the Dolman entrance. You have home and away fans clashing there and it's very difficult to police. You also have the Dolman concourse to consider right in front of H block, so that's a no go. The club HAVE to allocate 10% of the capacity (15% in the FA Cup), which next year will be 14600, to away fans. We're awaiting confirmation from the FL that we can go slightly below that at 1,100. The FA have already agreed to reduced capacity for the cup. This works out at the number of seats in B & C block, which is easier to segregate due to the layout.

The family stand, which is in B& C currently will be relocating to H block, which is obviously furthest away from the away fans. This is where I sit, so I will be affected by this. Whilst the more sanitised environment is not ideal, it is clear that you cannot put this group next to the away fans, so not sure where the other options are. Again, the underpopulated nature of the block makes this the most logical choice. Anyone in H block already can stay there, whilst being aware of the family nature of the area. We will pay a reduced premium if we wish to stay - that being the going rate for the family stand (If anyone is able to confirm off the top of their heads how much this was for adults this year I'd be grateful). If everyone was to renew their tickets in the Atyeo there would be 800 seats available. If all family block holders renewed and all h-blockers, there would be 54 available seats in that area. The numbers just match up. The comments about putting little kids next to the away fans could not be further from the truth and is just another example of people on this forum going into meltdown without being in full possession of the facts.

The comment about the Atyeo becoming a family stand has been misinterpreted I feel. Dave put it across that the very nature of the stand was more family orientated than the rest of the ground - by the very nature of the people that go in there on the whole, and I agree with this. You get a much wider age range in there and being an end stand it is more affordable for families. This is why its remaining as it is now, and why only families can buy in from outside the stand.

14600?? The only club to increase capacity by knocking down a stand!!

This club doesn't surprise me anymore :grr:

I now feel stupid as I read your post again and realised you put the percentage after the new attendance

Nothing to see hear move on

The Williams, next to where the away fans are currently was not viable for a few reasons.  One being the recently provided disabled area, but chiefly down to facilities.  They just aren't sufficient due to safety regulations imposed upon us.  The toilet, refreshment and turnstile facilities would be insufficient in a segregated area.

H Block, being the least populated in terms of STH's is initially though of as being ideal, however as the eastern Dolman turnstiles will not be open next year, it means that too many people will be entering through the Dolman entrance.  You have home and away fans clashing there and it's very difficult to police.  You also have the Dolman concourse to consider right in front of H block, so that's a no go.  The club HAVE to allocate 10% of the capacity (15% in the FA Cup), which next year will be 14600, to away fans.  We're awaiting confirmation from the FL that we can go slightly below that at 1,100.  The FA have already agreed to reduced capacity for the cup.  This works out at the number of seats in B & C block, which is easier to segregate due to the layout.

The family stand, which is in B& C currently will be relocating to H block, which is obviously furthest away from the away fans.  This is where I sit, so I will be affected by this.  Whilst the more sanitised environment is not ideal, it is clear that you cannot put this group next to the away fans, so not sure where the other options are.  Again, the underpopulated nature of the block makes this the most logical choice.  Anyone in H block already can stay there, whilst being aware of the family nature of the area.  We will pay a reduced premium if we wish to stay - that being the going rate for the family stand (If anyone is able to confirm off the top of their heads how much this was for adults this year I'd be grateful).  If everyone was to renew their tickets in the Atyeo there would be 800 seats available.  If all family block holders renewed and all h-blockers, there would be 54 available seats in that area.  The numbers just match up.  The comments about putting little kids next to the away fans could not be further from the truth and is just another example of people on this forum going into meltdown without being in full possession of the facts.

The comment about the Atyeo becoming a family stand has been misinterpreted I feel.  Dave put it across that the very nature of the stand was more family orientated than the rest of the ground - by the very nature of the people that go in there on the whole, and I agree with this.  You get a much wider age range in there and being an end stand it is more affordable for families.  This is why its remaining as it is now, and why only families can buy in from outside the stand. 

Thanks for the figures and facts, its appreciated.

I have highlighted one point though, and no t having a go at you of coarse.

BUT WHAT DO THE CLUB EXPECT IF THEY SAY **** ALL AS USUAL !

caps lock back off. 

Cheers

Mark

Thanks for the figures and facts, its appreciated.

I have highlighted one point though, and no t having a go at you of coarse.

BUT WHAT DO THE CLUB EXPECT IF THEY SAY **** ALL AS USUAL !

caps lock back off. 

Cheers

Mark

Full details to be officially announced next week, but the club wanted the opportunity to explain it to those affected first.  Can't knock them for that.  Prime example of damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Full details to be officially announced next week, but the club wanted the opportunity to explain it to those affected first.  Can't knock them for that.  Prime example of damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I guess so :)

As an H Block season ticket holder (who was there tonight), I think the club's reasoning is effectively sound. I am a little concerned however by the change in atmosphere next season, and the challenge in buying tickets for my mates.I need to give where I'm going to sit a lot of thought.

I do think that if anyone wants to attend regularly next season they need to buy a season ticket. Maybe the Club should offer joint season tickets? In other words, two names on the ticket so groups of 4 people who attends semi regularly could buy two tickets between the four?

As an H Block season ticket holder (who was there tonight), I think the club's reasoning is effectively sound. I am a little concerned however by the change in atmosphere next season, and the challenge in buying tickets for my mates.I need to give where I'm going to sit a lot of thought.

I do think that if anyone wants to attend regularly next season they need to buy a season ticket. Maybe the Club should offer joint season tickets? In other words, two names on the ticket so groups of 4 people who attends semi regularly could buy two tickets between the four?

Last season the club offered an under 18 ST ticket for a tenner with a full adult ticket in the family area (B/C blocks). I bought one so i had a spare seat next to me, just in case a friend came to the game. As H block will be the new family block i suugest you do the same if there is a similar offer. Then you will have a spare seat next to you for when your friends come down.

Archived