IGNORED

H Block Next Season

Last season the club offered an under 18 ST ticket for a tenner with a full adult ticket in the family area (B/C blocks). I bought one so i had a spare seat next to me, just in case a friend came to the game. As H block will be the new family block i suugest you do the same if there is a similar offer. Then you will have a spare seat next to you for when your friends come down.

Won't loads of spare seats (that have been paid for) kill the atmosphere?

(loving your JetPac image by the way!)

Won't loads of spare seats (that have been paid for) kill the atmosphere?

(loving your JetPac image by the way!)

Yeah, you're absolutely right. This season didn't matter so much especially with lower crowds.

Next season sees a 14k capacity and space will be a little tighter. 

As for the Jetpac you must be a man of a certain age too. When we signed JET and Marlon Pack it seemed the natural thing to do.

Yeah, you're absolutely right. This season didn't matter so much especially with lower crowds.

Next season sees a 14k capacity and space will be a little tighter. 

As for the Jetpac you must be a man of a certain age too. When we signed JET and Marlon Pack it seemed the natural thing to do.

An international journey-man called William will doubtless lead to a new icon!

The comments about putting little kids next to the away fans could not be further from the truth and is just another example of people on this forum going into meltdown without being in full possession of the facts.

The comment about the Atyeo becoming a family stand has been misinterpreted I feel. 

Sorry Steve - I appreciate that you were there and appreciate taking the time to write up, but I disagree with the bit quoted above.

David Lloyd's Twitter Account this evening states the following :

"Fans from all other stands will get the chance to relocate to Atyeo once existing ST holders have renewed. But only with a family ticket."

This quite clearly means that, aside from those who might renew in there, no-one else can access the stand unless you are on a "Family Ticket".

This doesn't bother me, by the way, I won't be going in there, but it's quite evident that the club want to place families (i.e. kids) next to the away fans in an attempt to eliminate 'issues' between supporters.  They've seen it work well at Cardiff and are attempting to replicate that model.  I know this to be true, because I have heard club employees say so - months and months ago.

I think it's a given that some of our fans will want to be near the away end (whether to gob off, or to actually create an atmos - and let's face it, it's much easier to get an atmos if you are nearer the away fans, whether people like that or not, it's the truth).

So, maybe the club should do some prep on this.  Just having a look at the seat availability in the Williams, in the upper part - Block A and the first section of Block B, plus the lower stand in Block F house a total of approx 1066 seats (some of which are restricted view).

Of those 1066, a total of 308 are currently 'taken' for the Crewe match.  Meaning 754 are currently unoccupied.

My guess is that a number of fans will purchase season tickets in this area, in order to be next to the away end and have a sing-song.

Inevitably, these people will attempt to stand for a lot of the game.

So, if the club were to work closely with the 300 current ST holders in that area, it might be wise to ask them to shift along one block perhaps, otherwise they're gonna have a lot of people standing up in front of them next season.  Of course, if they don't mind, then fine, but I can foresee a lot of fans moving into that section next season and it may cause upset to some of the 300 currently residing there.

If the club could speak individually to all of those 308 ST holders, and then set the area aside for unreserved standing, then that, to me, would make sense.  Otherwise, there's gonna be a bit of mayhem occurring.

Nail on head.

It's all very well the club 'allocating' an area for the EE to do their thing, but quite another to make it happen.

I agree that the 'netter' type fans will migrate to A block Williams and potentially this could cause lots of problems.

Looking ahead when the ground is fully developed the same issue will exist because a % of the fans want to be as close as possible to the away fans (while being protected by segregation and stewarding).

Sorry Steve - I appreciate that you were there and appreciate taking the time to write up, but I disagree with the bit quoted above.

David Lloyd's Twitter Account this evening states the following :

"Fans from all other stands will get the chance to relocate to Atyeo once existing ST holders have renewed. But only with a family ticket."

This quite clearly means that, aside from those who might renew in there, no-one else can access the stand unless you are on a "Family Ticket".

This doesn't bother me, by the way, I won't be going in there, but it's quite evident that the club want to place families (i.e. kids) next to the away fans in an attempt to eliminate 'issues' between supporters.  They've seen it work well at Cardiff and are attempting to replicate that model.  I know this to be true, because I have heard club employees say so - months and months ago.

The rationale I understand that the club are applying here is that it is highly likely that most (I appreciate not all) Atyeo ST's will likely renew next year to guarantee them a ticket in the cheapest stand.  Now given that E-Block is behind the goal, I would suggest that it is the most populated block, and probably with a lower level of young families than other blocks (this is pure supposition on my part of course). Therefore if the majority of E-block renew their tickets then they are the ones next to the segregation thereby reducing the risk of children being thrust into mortal peril!

I think what is clear is that the club will want to prevent the "netters" getting tickets near the away end and upsetting the match day experience for those that already sit in the Atyeo, a good number of whom are a generation or so older than me in my late 30's, and also do what they can to alleviate tensions with away fans and the only way to realistically do that is to issue the family ticket directive to buy into the stand.

I think the Cardiff model is not a bad one to follow, and there is nothing stopping people from generating atmosphere in other places.  All it takes is a little co-ordination and some patience with the club while the rebuilding happens.  At some point over the next 2.5 years, almost every fan will be affected by the rebuild.  People just need to suck it up and wait for our 27,000 seater Ashton Gate to be finished.

Nail on head.

It's all very well the club 'allocating' an area for the EE to do their thing, but quite another to make it happen.

I agree that the 'netter' type fans will migrate to A block Williams and potentially this could cause lots of problems.

Looking ahead when the ground is fully developed the same issue will exist because a % of the fans want to be as close as possible to the away fans (while being protected by segregation and stewarding).

The segregation of home and away fans will be simple.  The Atyeo will be the away end.  Period.  It may be opened up to home fans if we have sold out the other 22,000 seats in the ground, but lets be realistic that isn't going to happen very often, very soon.

It may be that existing EE season ticket holders can renew into given areas of other stands at the same price as this season.

Not sure many businesses would want to move a chunk of its customers and charge them extra for the privilege.

Just a thought not a fact.

It may be that existing EE season ticket holders can renew into given areas of other stands at the same price as this season.

Not sure many businesses would want to move a chunk of its customers and charge them extra for the privilege.

Sounds fine in principle - but could well upset those who already sit there and pay the higher price.....

Was there any mention of when prices will be released?

Not 100% sure but heard mention of next week for various announcements.

With the season starting 9th August 2014 that will give about 4 months to sell tickets which should be long enough. For example one month for existing ST holders remaining in the same seat to renew, one month for those who wish to transfer from another area (mostly EE and Atyeo) to renew in any spare seats and then the final two month for general sale.

Edit: DM beat me to it!

Did the club consider a singing block ?

It wasn't mentioned, but to be honest with so many people being moved, and the family block coming to H, you're leaving E-G as the only other blocks to fit people in.  And the Atyeo doesn't have a singing block at the moment anyway, so not sure why this would be considered.  Obviously we do our best in H Block to get a bit of atmosphere, but realistically it's not exactly had a great buy in from people.

In an ideal world, we'd have a singing stadium, not a block!

Are we running away with this mythical group call "Eastenders"? I would prefer to stand but accept that you have to consider others around you, also the Stewards in the Dolman don't let you stand whether you want to or not. I think you are gong to have to get used to having a back on your seat for a season and sit down during the lulls in the action. Small price to pay for having the ability to recline without fear of banging your head on the step behind.

I've only ever experienced lulls in the boredom for quite some time now - 33 BCFC goals at home this season according to my rudimentary arithmetic, probably means I've been stood up for a good 10 or so minutes of the 2185 minutes of football (all home games plus 5mins of injury time) - roughly, I'd say, somewhere approching 0.5% of the time then standing during the game.

That said, I'm looking forward to tonight - plenty of lulls in the boredom please lads! :city:  :yes:

Apart from existing ST holders in Atyeo the only people who can buy into Atyeo next season are those wanting family tickets, this will mean quite a jump in ST prices for those who are currently in the East End as they will have to go into Dolman or Williams.

Naturally the attention has been focused on the Eastenders, creating an atmosphere, standing etc, but I hope the club realises that any ST holder currently in the Williams or Dolman, who maybe experiencing financial hardship, won't be able to downsize to a cheaper stand this year. They may lose a lot of fans. Therefore it would be suicide to increase prices this year or even to keep them the same in some cases. Can we hope of a reduction to reflect the disruption?

I know appreciate the redevelopment has to be paid for, but once a fan is forced away it's not easy to get them back.

Will the Atyeo see the return of that big fence that used to be in the EE when it was originally reopened? I'm interested how BCFC plans to segregate home and away fans. Or it will it just be a case of moving the netting from the EE to the Atyeo. Also I suppose this means that the players tunnel will now be surrounded by away fans?! That seems a bit ridiculous to me but I guess there isn't another option.

Also I suppose this means that the players tunnel will now be surrounded by away fans?! That seems a bit ridiculous to me but I guess there isn't another option.

the players could change on the pitch. I would hope they would use towels to change under though to avoid frigtening the under 18s in the crowd.

This is how I read it too. One of the ways to get round this would be to charge the same price for every seat in the ground, adults, concessions, kids prices. Existing ST holders get first pick in Dolman, Williams and Atyeo then free for all to fill up the rest. Sell them cheap, fill the ground (what's left of it) and it pleases all. simples, as they say.

Lovely though it would be, I am not realistically suggesting reduce prices - just avoid increasing prices for those moved.

Personally, I am not that precious about what the person next to me paid for their season ticket any more than if they only paid a tenner for the Preston game (or nothing if they are a rugby season ticket holder).

I might feel a bit upset if my club goes a whole chunk further into the red and risks administration or if there is zero funds for essential player purchases.

Dont get me wrong, a reduction in my ST fee next season would be lovely, but it doesnt really make any business sense when capacity is less so demand may be higher. I would suggest the only people to be offered reduced tickets should be those moved from other seats, but only to mirror what they would have paid if the move had not been forced on them. Call it a loyalty reward....not a freebee.

Gordon Bennett, we are blessed with AG being re-developed,it's what the majority of people want. There is going to be inconvenience while the new stands are being built. The club has obligations to house away supporters, no doubt there are logical reasons to put them in the Atyeo, let's stop winging and get on with it.

Seems to me the club intend to create a new area for the EE's to migrate to en masse, and it is in this area alone where price reductions will be available.

Probably E&F blocks in the Williams will be set aside, and if EE's want to relocate to any other area of the ground they will pay the going rate.

I've said it elsewhere and so I will say it again.

IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A SEASON TICKET IN THE ATYEO IN WHATEVER SHAPE OR FORM, YOU CAN STAY IN THE ATYEO NEXT SEASON.

(It's just people wanting to transfer in who will struggle due to the amount of ST holders already in there. With segregation and away fans, there just isn't the space, hence it being families only who can move there, space permitting)

I think the issue is that people who want to sing in the Atyeo e.g the H block will have to move as it is now a family stand.

Archived