IGNORED

Jet

I am more than happy to admit that was a fantastic performance from jet. Above anything else he put a shift in tonight. Goals were a nice bonus!

This is the most frustrating thing though and why I give him so much abuse on here. Tonight we saw a very very good championship player, maybe pushing premier league.

Why cant he produce that level of performance on a more consistent basis?!

What I can't understand is that our fans berate a player who is one of the most talented I have seen in a City shirt, has scored many memorable goals and shown us some moments of pure genius this season. Then in comparison Wes Burns gets brought on for ten minutes and gets so much support it's unbelievable considering he has contributed virtually nothing to our side this season in comparison to JET. Don't get me wrong I like Wes and I think he will be a good player for us but I can't understand why he gets all the attention just because he can run with the ball at pace and put in a decent cross.

Too right mate. What do you do with a genius? Let them alone to do their stuff.

For most of the time the rest of the team are not operating at his level - although he definitely has a rapport with Sammy - that's why he looks out of place at times.

I'm so pleased that SC has kept playing him and not listened to the unimaginative

Amazing how anyone can't appreciate the talent he has. When he is on form like tonight he's worth the entrance fee alone.

No doubt some will still find fault and complain though.

What I can't understand is that our fans berate a player who is one of the most talented I have seen in a City shirt, has scored many memorable goals and shown us some moments of pure genius this season. Then in comparison Wes Burns gets brought on for ten minutes and gets so much support it's unbelievable considering he has contributed virtually nothing to our side this season in comparison to JET. Don't get me wrong I like Wes and I think he will be a good player for us but I can't understand why he gets all the attention just because he can run with the ball at pace and put in a decent cross.

Based on tonight I feel stupid giving him so much abuse cus he is so talented.

However he has not performed like that too often this season.

Joking aside, i really wanted to smack the **** sat behind me who started slating JET 30 seconds after he'd scored the first, and continued to openly criticise him through out the second half. What a plank.

I'll admit im not his biggest fan and have shared my views on here about it this season, but tonight - theres a time and a place and that guy was a dick.

Where was this?

I was sat a few rows behind a complete and utter moron who slated JET all night. After his first goal he misplaced a pass only for this bloke to start calling him a 'useless ****'. Unbelievable.

The bloke was clearly a bit simple and can't grasp the fact that a player in L1 won't play well every week.

I've given JET plenty of stick, though I can plainly see he is one of the most technically gifted players to ever grace Ashton Gate. Tonight, the Stevenage game, up at Carlisle. These are all games where we saw a player who is completely unplayable. However he also has games where he does sweet FA. I think the criticism (I know it is in my case) is born out of the inability he has to play to the best of his ability most of the time. He is frustrating when he tries to do too much by himself, or slows it down, or cocks up a cross from range, or is wandering about no where near the play. Then seconds later he's scored a wonder goal. He's so Jekyll and Hyde.

Where was this?

I was sat a few rows behind a complete and utter moron who slated JET all night. After his first goal he misplaced a pass only for this bloke to start calling him a 'useless ****'. Unbelievable.

The bloke was clearly a bit simple and can't grasp the fact that a player in L1 won't play well every week.

This is a good comment.

Always remember Merson saying this when he managed Walsall and they had taken us apart at Ashton Gate.

Merse was really chuffed with his team because they had apparently done exactly what he wanted and got the result. He acknowledged that they couldn't do this consistently.

Joking aside, i really wanted to smack the **** sat behind me who started slating JET 30 seconds after he'd scored the first, and continued to openly criticise him through out the second half. What a plank.

I'll admit im not his biggest fan and have shared my views on here about it this season, but tonight - theres a time and a place and that guy was a dick.

you sat in the atyeo by any chance? There's a guy who sits behind who moaned all through the game (mostly about jet) why bother going to football if you can't enjoy it when we win like that!

I am more than happy to admit that was a fantastic performance from jet. Above anything else he put a shift in tonight. Goals were a nice bonus!

This is the most frustrating thing though and why I give him so much abuse on here. Tonight we saw a very very good championship player, maybe pushing premier league.

Why cant he produce that level of performance on a more consistent basis?!

Because he would be would'nt be with us if he was that player?  He has good games, bad games and average games just like any other player, what I take issue with is people allways getting on his case, even when he does not deserve it.

Because he would be would'nt be with us if he was that player? He has good games, bad games and average games just like any other player, what I take issue with is people allways getting on his case, even when he does not deserve it.

Usually after an average game or one where he sets up 3 or something and they still moan he doesn't move enough......

:grr:

I think we are all assuming its entirely up to us whether him and Sammy say.

If they get good offers from teams in the Championship, they will most likely want to be off, and at our level it will be very hard to stand in their way. Hope I am wrong, but fully expect both to actually be leaving.

So the person ( cba to scroll back and find out who it was ) who jumped on the bandwagon on Saturday, and said that hopefully jet will be dropped will admit that he was wrong! in our league ( league 1 ) he's different class,

Can't be a bandwagon Timbo, no-one agrees with it!

JET can be infuriating, but he can also be exhilarating. Players like him make the game fun.

The guy who sits near me in the Dolman didn't aim this comment at JET but in the 3 minutes of second half injury time, with City leading 5-0 and Nosworthy on the ball, yelled "For ***** sake get the ball forward" - as though we were desperate to score one more goal to earn a promotion place.

Some people are never satisfied.

As far as I could see he only moved t awice all night I,d say sell him know, but I doubt if any other club would be stupid enough t o sign a lazy barsteward whose only scored 21 goals and had 30 + assists, hopefully he'll be dropped soon, we'd be a better team without him don't ya know !

As far as I could see he only moved t awice all night I,d say sell him know, but I doubt if any other club would be stupid enough t o sign a lazy barsteward whose only scored 21 goals and had 30 + assists, hopefully he'll be dropped soon, we'd be a better team without him don't ya know !

Of course you are joking but if he is as good as some of our fans think he is why did no one come in for him in January? He has ability but I can't see any championship clubs coming in this summer. I think they will be wary of his previous ineffectiveness at that level and the fact that he requires a free role.

So according to OUR manager JET actually IS a TEAM player....

This will no doubt be to the disgust of some on here who clearly think they know better....

Nice you have picked out the part you wanted! I dont think anyone has ever said he wasn't a team player.

What OUR manager also said was he doesnt run enough and can go wandering which frustrates everyone. This being the main issue people have. it would seem OUR manager agrees.

No one as far as I can remember has ever doubted jets technical ability which in this division is second to none.

So it would seem those who think they did know best, do actually know best!

I dont think you will find anyone having any issues if he performs like last night a bit more often.

Nice you have picked out the part you wanted! I dont think anyone has ever said he wasn't a team player.

What OUR manager also said was he doesnt run enough and can go wandering which frustrates everyone. This being the main issue people have. it would seem OUR manager agrees.

No one as far as I can remember has ever doubted jets technical ability which in this division is second to none.

So it would seem those who think they did know best, do actually know best!

I dont think you will find anyone having any issues if he performs like last night a bit more often.

No I've picked out the part that was relevant. I am huge JET fan but have acknowledged he doesn't run around as much as perhaps he should.

I have read plenty of comments on here along the lines of JET 'not caring' or being a 'team player'.

I have also read a few people claiming he has a poor touch and isn't as skilful as some would have you believe. So I have picked out what was relevant because plenty have stated that he doesn't 'put a shift in' for the TEAM. His lack of 'running' which we can all accept does not mean he is 'lazy' or not 'putting in a shift' which many continue to accuse him of.

OUR manager has said he is very much a TEAM player. Very much relevant.

Archived