IGNORED

Yeovil

prankerd

Because I don't like them :)

I work with a couple Yeokil fans and you may not want to hear this, but, they actually hate us.

Where do you get the idea they have a soft spot for City?

You couldn't be more wrong,seriously.

If you make your dislike for Yeovil so obvious, perhaps it's not BCFC they dislike, maybe it's you Bill?  ;)

Why do I think Yeovil fans have a soft spot for CIty?

A number of Yeovil fans have posted on here over the years, all friendly, and many have not only said they like City but several have said they follow both teams.

I personally have never had a problem with Yeovil as a club, or any of their fans, and apart from some sort of Somerset rivalry from non Bristolians can't see why any City fan would.

You must have had a different opinion of them at one time, if I remember rightly didn't you enrol your son in Yeovil's youth system?

If you make your dislike for Yeovil so obvious, perhaps it's not BCFC they dislike, maybe it's you Bill? ;)

A number of Yeovil fans have posted on here over the years, all friendly, and many have not only said they like City but several have said they follow both teams.

I personally have never had a problem with Yeovil as a club, or any of their fans, and apart from some sort of Somerset rivalry from non Bristolians can't see why any City fan would.

You must have had a different opinion of them at one time, if I remember rightly didn't you enrol your son in Yeovil's youth system?

Although I've not encountered outright hatred (or should that be hate-red? :) ) from the Yovile fans I know, I've got to say I've never met one who likes City!

It always seemed to me it was that big brother envy kind of thing, and I'll be quite honest although I don't dislike the glovers as I do the gappers (maybe as I still have a soft spot for GJ), they're just another local (ish) team who I really couldn't give a t#ss about. Much rather be in a higher league than them though if im being honest!

Why is it so hard for people to write in a vaguely correct way?

Punctuation. Capital letters. Correct spelling.

Come on chaps.

Sorry, nothing personal, but I'm really sad about the way people are prepared to just write awfully scripted sentences, and not care in any way, that they are so bad!

Educational standards in the UK are a disgrace at the moment.

Anyway - carry on.

So, Yeovil........

Sorry, Chaps? Not proper English is it. If I am correct Chaps are nothing to do with fellow people, unless you bend the English language in the way which you hate has posted above.

Why is it so hard for people to write in a vaguely correct way?

Punctuation. Capital letters. Correct spelling.

Come on chaps.

Sorry, nothing personal, but I'm really sad about the way people are prepared to just write awfully scripted sentences, and not care in any way, that they are so bad!

Educational standards in the UK are a disgrace at the moment.

Anyway - carry on.

So, Yeovil........

sO wot exactly, iz yooR problem, wiv eDjurmicatIon these daze %

aN I duz liKe yooville two

They will get relegated. Johnson made exactly the same mistake as he did at City when he didn't strengthen the Yeovil squad after promotion.

Definite example of false loyalty.

Haven't they signed a better class of loan player this year?

They've basically cut a shoestring budget in half so I don't think anyone thought they'd manage to stay up whoever was in charge.  Aren't they doing about as well as we did last year on a tenth of the budget?

They will get relegated. Johnson made exactly the same mistake as he did at City when he didn't strengthen the Yeovil squad after promotion.

Definite example of false loyalty.

Bit unfair Robbo old chap. Yeovil's total budget for players is about the same as other clubs spend on their players hair gel and fake tan.

Never understand the hate or bitterness towards Yeovil. Nice little club who have made great strides in the last decade. GJ doing a good job there, very harsh to blame him for their position considering the budget they are working on. Hope they stay up but might be too much for them.

If you make your dislike for Yeovil so obvious, perhaps it's not BCFC they dislike, maybe it's you Bill? ;)

Yes,( I didn't enrol him though,he got scouted by there now defunct Coe) and that's how I know they dislike City.

Perhaps they also dislike me, I don't really care.

As for Yeovil fans being nice on here, so are several Rovers fans,do they " like"us as well ?

I meet,work, talk to Yeovil fans everyday.they don't like City, but you obviously know better!

I work in Yeovil, strange place, but the fans I work with are fine. They accept they are punching well above their weight and are glad they have not spent money they don't have. Fair play to them, amazing achievement just getting to the Championship. As for us, they are all totally indifferent, more antipathy to the Gas.

Yes,( I didn't enrol him though,he got scouted by there now defunct Coe) and that's how I know they dislike City.

As for Yeovil fans being nice on here, so are several Rovers fans,do they " like"us as well ?

I meet,work, talk to Yeovil fans everyday.they don't like City, but you obviously know better!

I fear perhaps they do dislike you Bill.  

I don't pretend to 'know better' at all - my opinion is based on general impressions, the many times I've read their fans complimenting City, and through the reception we got when following BCFC at their ground. No hate at all. Yours seems to be formed through personal contact with a minority, and inter club work banter - which included perhaps you saying you can't stand their club.

Plus perhaps a bit of bitterness on your part after they closed their COE.

Doesn't matter really, for Bristolians at least Yeovil are not City's rivals- never have been, never will be - and there's minimal animosity between the two sets of fans in general.

Big game for the championship on sat if gj beats Blackpool who I hope get relegated then its going to to be an exciting relegation battle

Be a great job if gj keeps them up but wouldnt mind seeing him at the gate with Yeovil next season

Mainly a topic cus I dislike blackpool and like gj and Yeovil :laugh:

Dont give a toss about Yeovil horrible little club with a manager to match, there both small but got big mouths.

I fear perhaps they do dislike you Bill.

I don't pretend to 'know better' at all - my opinion is based on general impressions, the many times I've read their fans complimenting City, and through the reception we got when following BCFC at their ground. No hate at all. Yours seems to be formed through personal contact with a minority, and inter club work banter - which included perhaps you saying you can't stand their club.

Plus perhaps a bit of bitterness on your part after they closed their COE.

Doesn't matter really, for Bristolians at least Yeovil are not City's rivals- never have been, never will be - and there's minimal animosity between the two sets of fans in general.

Long post for someone who says it doesn't matter!

When I speak to my Yeovil supporting work mates

on Monday, I will advise them that they don't actually hate City,because ( even though you deny it, your coming across as if )you know better than they do!!

Incidentally, if you had read the Yeovil forums, the Green room or the Green room 2, ( both now closed down) you would have read the threads on the hatred for everything BCFC,again,you obviously didn't. ;)

I've always liked Yeovil, their fans always seem friendly enough to us, whilst also disliking the Gasheads at the same time. What's not to like? I was delighted for them when they got promoted last year, hopefully they can pull of the great escape this year.

Dont give a toss about Yeovil horrible little club with a manager to match, there both small but got big mouths.

Gary Johnson has his faults but he was the most successful City manger in recent years. It went a bit pear shaped towards the end but that happens with most managers.

He also had great rapport with the fans. I can't remember anyone singing " Millen / Del Boy / SoD / Cotts says bounce around the ground"

Edit - SoD songs / football were inspired by the Smiths / Morrissey - e g music to commit suicide by.

Gary Johnson has his faults but he was the most successful City manger in recent years. It went a bit pear shaped towards the end but that happens with most managers.

He also had great rapport with the fans. I can't remember anyone singing " Millen / Del Boy / SoD / Cotts says bounce around the ground"

Edit - SoD songs / football were inspired by the Smiths / Morrissey - e g music to commit suicide by.

You could also say the Tear you apart song was inspired by Joy Division... not exactly a happy, chirpy song either (I know its players we sing that not managers)

Bill totally agree with you. I work with a load of them they hate us. Who do they think they are? tiny tin pot club.

What's the deal with Miller? Once again it looks as if GJ has failed to manage a higher standard of player. Gj is a good manager in the lower league but he is very limited in that he can't manage a higher standard of player.

I think this is the core problem with Johnson. He did a great job with City to start with but when it came to moving to the next level it started to go wrong.

Here's another position.

Johnson is a good manager who insists on discipline and gets the most out of his teams by insisting on this. e g City and Yeovil promotion. He's a bit like Alex Furgusson, just only at a lower level

I haven't a clue which of the above is correct.

What's the deal with Miller? Once again it looks as if GJ has failed to manage a higher standard of player. Gj is a good manager in the lower league but he is very limited in that he can't manage a higher standard of player.

Totally agree, from what I gather he didn't like a player who had more of a reputation than him which I can understand in some respect but its not going to help his or the clubs cause if he cant sign a higher standard of player just because of his ego...

I think this is the core problem with Johnson. He did a great job with City to start with but when it came to moving to the next level it started to go wrong.

Here's another position.

Johnson is a good manager who insists on discipline and gets the most out of his teams by insisting on this. e g City and Yeovil promotion. He's a bit like Alex Furgusson, just only at a lower level

I haven't a clue which of the above is correct.

I think both is right but for some reason he can't seem to make it work with slightly better players, maybe he has a chip on his shoulder because they made it as players and he didn't? Trundle, Sno, Hartley etc he all failed with. Those were some seriously talented players but he just couldn't get the best out of them for whatever reason.

I think the issue is players like Miller are used to being managed by better managers and also many better players have a ego and GJ happens to have one too so it always ends up turning sour.

Miller walked out of a team meeting for a third time.

Archived