IGNORED

Call Yourself Fans

John Galley

I am sick and fed up at so called fans who get on the backs of players. Give Adam El Abd a chance he has played at a far higher level than us and the Brighton fans have seen a lot more of him than us, so are in a better position to rate him, which they do and very highly. He has signed 3 year contract and is moving his family down, so he is going nowhere. Some players take longer to settle than others and need the fans support not booing them. I remember Brian Tinnion going through the same thing years ago and he turned out to be a City Legend, so give Adam your support and he may surprise you.

John Galley superstar how many goals have you scored so far; its been the same for years now mate, right back to the Alan Dicks team;

even Johnson said get behind the team,get behind the team.. :banana: .........so we had a go at his son.  :sleeping:

So do we blame the player, or the manager who keeps picking him when he's struggling, and in a formation that he hasn't played much in his career and would appear not to be suited to?

I think Cotterill got it wrong but at least recognised it and made the necessary change. I would have liked him to have introduced Burns a lot earlier too but never mind.

El Abd is bloody awful AT THE MOMENT. He has been a liability when Ive seen him this season. We massively improved when he went off.

Considering the shite served up at the Gate by "players"and "managers" over the last five seasons, its hardly a surprise the less impressive players get bood...

And if Im honest Id rather have McAllister than Eld Abd, although I will draw the line at having Fontaine or Nyatanga back....he is that shit.

MAYBE he'll improve next season.......

El Abd is bloody awful AT THE MOMENT. He has been a liability when Ive seen him this season. We massively improved when he went off.

Considering the shite served up at the Gate by "players"and "managers" over the last five seasons, its hardly a surprise the less impressive players get bood...

And if Im honest Id rather have McAllister than Eld Abd, although I will draw the line at having Fontaine or Nyatanga back....he is that shit.

MAYBE he'll improve next season.......

You've hit the nail on the head. Most fans want the lad to do well but would prefer to WAIT until AFTER we get the points we need to be safe for him to show us what he can do. It's a case of the defence hasn't been broken lately so there was no need to fix it. Keep doing what we're doing, get the four or five points we need ASAP then start looking at players, starting Burns and giving him the whole 90 etc.

I am sick and fed up at so called fans who get on the backs of players. Give Adam El Abd a chance he has played at a far higher level than us and the Brighton fans have seen a lot more of him than us, so are in a better position to rate him, which they do and very highly. He has signed 3 year contract and is moving his family down, so he is going nowhere. Some players take longer to settle than others and need the fans support not booing them. I remember Brian Tinnion going through the same thing years ago and he turned out to be a City Legend, so give Adam your support and he may surprise you

Don't be to surprised mate , the so called moronic fans that boo a player during or once off are an embarrassment. Yeh I think some players are crap but would I ever boo or cheer when replaced? Never. !!!

Pathetic it really is

You've hit the nail on the head. Most fans want the lad to do well but would prefer to WAIT until AFTER we get the points we need to be safe for him to show us what he can do. It's a case of the defence hasn't been broken lately so there was no need to fix it. Keep doing what we're doing, get the four or five points we need ASAP then start looking at players, starting Burns and giving him the whole 90 etc.

:clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping: exactly this....

I am sick and fed up at so called fans who get on the backs of players. Give Adam El Abd a chance he has played at a far higher level than us and the Brighton fans have seen a lot more of him than us, so are in a better position to rate him, which they do and very highly. He has signed 3 year contract and is moving his family down, so he is going nowhere. Some players take longer to settle than others and need the fans support not booing them. I remember Brian Tinnion going through the same thing years ago and he turned out to be a City Legend, so give Adam your support and he may surprise you

Don't be to surprised mate , the so called moronic fans that boo a player during or once off are an embarrassment. Yeh I think some players are crap but would I ever boo or cheer when replaced? Never. !!!

Pathetic it really is

I refer you to my earlier post in this thread. I heard no booing today of El Abd (or anyone else). For sure, cheers when his substitution was announced at the start of the second half but I thought that was as much to welcome Cunningham and the change of formation which would invariably result and which was so badly needed.

No need to start to be disparaging of your fellow fans and no need to be embarrassed.

I think Adam needs to be played in the middle of a back four.Putting him in a three is not helping him and moving other players to accommodate him is frustrating the fans.One point I would make though is hypothetically,his foul may have prevented a goal,and how many of us over the last few seasons have been fed up watching teams come to AG,skip through our midfield and defence and poke the ball home.Many have cried out for a player willing to take one for the team and Adam is certainly that.Just a shame he can't be a bit more subtle and get away with as much as Louis Carey used to.Hopefully he will calm down a little as he just seems to be trying a little bit to hard.Maybe trying to make an impression on the fans by being totally(over)commited?

Too many fans appear too eager to get on someone's back. Yes, he hasn't had the best of starts, but I think the best win - win situation will be in us backing him.

It wasn't long ago that some were writing off Wade Elliot after 2 games and now he looks a fabulous player.

Thank you for reassuring me that not every Bristol city fan is a ******* spastic.

You may be right Timothy.Personally,i wouldn't write Adam off altogether just yet,But now that SC has signed him with such a long contract,it will be a big about face for him to bench El Abd.Managers in general are not famous for admitting they signed a wrong un,so I think we wlll be seeing plenty more of Adam.He would not be in my starting lineup at present but I think he will settle down ok and could be part of a solid back four.Cant really see him as part of a back three.

Frankly, many of us have suffered a gut full of the Club we love making repeat mistakes.

Can you honestly say that Flint at 350k and Christ knows what a week and El Bad on a 3.5 year contract - the former a season, the latter 10 games in to their career with us - offer any hope other than bottom League1 pairing? Neither have pace or seemingly, natural ability to read the game. Shocking business.

I won't jeer them but either they are seriously taking the piss out of us or, more likely, our scouting system remains massively unfit for purpose and we've wasted another million plus on this pair.

I genuinely hope one, or both, of these expensive 'assets' prove me wrong... but my heart sinks of having to wait another 3 years to rid ourselves of sub-standard footballers when this was to be the season we clear out our rubbish.

I refer you to my earlier post in this thread. I heard no booing today of El Abd (or anyone else). For sure, cheers when his substitution was announced at the start of the second half but I thought that was as much to welcome Cunningham and the change of formation which would invariably result and which was so badly needed.

No need to start to be disparaging of your fellow fans and no need to be embarrassed.

Is that in the same way they were cheering Burns on at Sheffield United, not JET's substitution I guess?

Frankly, many of us have suffered a gut full of the Club we love making repeat mistakes.

Can you honestly say that Flint at 350k and Christ knows what a week and El Bad on a 3.5 year contract - the former a season, the latter 10 games in to their career with us - offer any hope other than bottom League1 pairing? Neither have pace or seemingly, natural ability to read the game. Shocking business.

I won't jeer them but either they are seriously taking the piss out of us or, more likely, our scouting system remains massively unfit for purpose and we've wasted another million plus on this pair.

I genuinely hope one, or both, of these expensive 'assets' prove me wrong... but my heart sinks of having to wait another 3 years to rid ourselves of sub-standard footballers when this was to be the season we clear out our rubbish.

Flint has improved massively (Nothing do with El Abd being out the side) (oh wait it coincides remarkably)

Before Christmas we have a run and the defence looked solid. Flint the ball winner, Osbourne and Williams covering. Signed El Abd and we declined in defensive solidity (I don't think he's shocking just used at a very wrong time)

Apart from the OG at Brentford Flint looked good in all the games after Christmas more comfortable then before anyway. Shrewsbury away, He was solid, Tackling strong and winning headers then he got injured. If he can carry on from the end of this season to next I think he'll start to prove his worth

Hopefully the same goes with El Abd

El Abd's fault. He should have scored a hat trick :grr:

I think the point was, other players were playing out of position to accommodate Mr El Abd and therefore our attacking balance was out.

But that's not the players fault, it is the managers.

I think that was corrected at half time and we looked better going forward in the second half.

I don't think he thought El Abd should have been scoring a hat trick.

Didn't Flint knacker his knee before El Abd got sent off?

Yes, But before El Abd joined Flint was playing his best football this season.

But from El Abds signing that game was the only one I felt fairly comfortable with them two at the back going into half time.

Then El Abd got sent off in the next match, We won, Then drew and kept a clean sheet, Drew and looked fairly solid at the back, Won 5-0 another clean sheet.

Just saying we have been better defensively when he has been out the team

I cheered Cunningham coming on and skeletor going off.

El Abd wasnt there to boo as he didn`t make a re-appearance, but hopefully the booing or cheering registered with the manager.

How are you supposed to look balanced with 4 centre halves on the pitch, awfull selection by the manager.

We could easily have been 2 or 3 goals down by half time, only pure luck saved us.

I just hope Cotterill has learnt his lesson and we don`t have to rely on the referee making better decisions than the manager.

Gave him an excuse today, but will he learn???

We were playing against an organised and competent side yesterday and yet we left 3 championship calibre players on the bench.

We would have been more balanced with Maloney & Cunningham playing and had more ball retention in the middle with Pearson.

Our midfield was missing in the first half.

Thankfully we turned up for the secound half.

COYR

I am sick and fed up at so called fans who get on the backs of players. Give Adam El Abd a chance he has played at a far higher level than us and the Brighton fans have seen a lot more of him than us, so are in a better position to rate him, which they do and very highly. He has signed 3 year contract and is moving his family down, so he is going nowhere. Some players take longer to settle than others and need the fans support not booing them. I remember Brian Tinnion going through the same thing years ago and he turned out to be a City Legend, so give Adam your support and he may surprise you.

El Abd has so far proven to be nothing more than a liability. The red card at Peterborough being the most obvious example of this. Had he not been taken off yesterday, I'm certain he would of been sent off again. It's time for certain posters here with red tinted spectacles such as yourself to admit that the club and in particular Cotterill have made a mistake in signing him and giving him a long term contract.

When Cotts joined us, didn't he say he preferred to play with a back 4 but we didn't have the right players in place at the time?

Maybe Cotts has signed the likes of El Abd to play in a 4 next season when he will, hopefully, have the players to play that formation? I do agree that El Abd has looked lost in a 3 / 5 man back line but I will give the lad time, especially if Cotts does go to a 4 next season.

Maybe taking him out of the firing line until that situation occurs would be the best option? Maybe we will learn something when Nosworthy's loan ends next week?

Archived