IGNORED

Notts County Matchday Fred

Major Isewater

not surprised Notts County equalised as they are fighting for their lives and today's game is going to be tough as are our next two games against Stevenage and Crewe - imagine if we lost all three games would leave for an interesting last day game at crawley

Jeez, you've got me worried now.

All this talk about Notts County fighting for their lives?  

Well, as things stand we are only five points off the bottom four, with two teams in the relegation fight still to play.

If the team are out there thinking we are safe already, I hope Cotterill gives them a rocket at half time.

Winning today could make a massive difference, and take a huge amount of pressure off for the final few weeks.

Well, as things stand we are only five points off the bottom four, with two teams in the relegation fight still to play.

If the team are out there thinking we are safe already, I hope Cotterill gives them a rocket at half time.

Winning today could make a massive difference, and take a huge amount of pressure off for the final few weeks.

Exactly this

I hope the EastEnd rocking will see us to victory against Crewe but the players seem in a bit of a nothing to play for mood today. Need a bit of a kick up the ass.

If that's the case then SC needs to improve in at least one more aspect of his management style.

Totally agree, we are not out of it! Hopefully we can turn it around in the second half ...... we need to make sure at worst that we get a point because if we lose today then that won't bode well ....

Draw today woul be ok, but if we lose and other results stay the same, suddenly its all looking closer than we would want again. Sounds like if anything the score flatters us a bit, and maybe players think they are on the beach already. Good team talk needed from SC.

At the game. We've been poor this half and that's being generous. It doesn't look like we have a game plan of any sort, and we're just sat back inviting pressure the whole time. Sitting deep and soaking it up is fine if you're Chelsea playing Bayern, but when it's Notts County, I'm afraid that's just shambolic management. If we had some kind of plan to be hitting them with strong counter attacks that would suffice, but we look labored and slow to every second ball. Pack is having a mare, and Jet is going through the motions as normal. If we continue to lose the game in the centre of the park in the 2nd half as we have been, we can safely say that county will be going home with 3 points. They look up for it and there's no excuse that we shouldn't be equally as interested. Don't think I've seen us stuck in our own half for as long as that at home for a while now. Rocket up their backsides needed for sure.

Bit premature this thread, game doesn't kick off for 23 hours!

On a serious note, what a shoddy first half performance that was. The players seem to have a definite air of 'we're basically safe, can't be bothered' about them today, with a couple of exceptions.

Getting totally overrun in midfield

At the game. We've been poor this half and that's being generous. It doesn't look like we have a game plan of any sort, and we're just sat back inviting pressure the whole time. Sitting deep and soaking it up is fine if you're Chelsea playing Bayern, but when it's Notts County, I'm afraid that's just shambolic management. If we had some kind of plan to be hitting them with strong counter attacks that would suffice, but we look labored and slow to every second ball. Pack is having a mare, and Jet is going through the motions as normal. If we continue to lose the game in the centre of the park in the 2nd half as we have been, we can safely say that county will be going home with 3 points. They look up for it and there's no excuse that we shouldn't be equally as interested. Don't think I've seen us stuck in our own half for as long as that at home for a while now. Rocket up their backsides needed for sure.

On a serious note, what a shoddy first half performance that was. The players seem to have a definite air of 'we're basically safe, can't be bothered' about them today, with a couple of exceptions.

Thanks for the insight guys.

It is very concerning to hear all this.  How many times over the last few years have we had out destiny in our own hands as long as we put our backs into it, and the proceeded to screw it up?  Wolves away last year comes to mind.

The way our form has been recently, we shouldn't be afraid of anyone, regardless of how hard they are fighting, so I really hope SC gives them a verbal boost at half time.

the exceptions being Bsldock and parttison chasing everything down

Almost no signal down here in Darkest Debbun, but COYR.

PS anyone remember the Notts Co game after we won promotion to the top level? We lost 0-2 but NOBODY CARED :D

Yep, remember that one and still felt like an anti climax. Yes nobody cared in the cold light of day and 4 seasons in the top flight was great. great memories. Beating Liverpool 2-1 in front of 37k+ when the east end was proper.

Notts County have been on a bit of a run lately, so it's hardly surprising that they are giving it a good go, but we are at home, and this is the game to put us safe as houses so we can all have a proper laugh at the blue few tomorrow as they flush their season down the toilet. Come on City.... Take control of this game and get the job done.

Archived