IGNORED

Where Is El Abd?

exAtyeoMax

I dunno, Ian, that's quite a long list at this club!

He'd definitely be in and around the mix of the "worst team ever" xi if he doesn't play another game for this club

There has to be something behind the scenes or off the pitch that's gone wrong with this signing. Brighton had about 20 pages basically saying he's the best thing since slice bread, something's up.

He'd definitely be in and around the mix of the "worst team ever" xi if he doesn't play another game for this club

There has to be something behind the scenes or off the pitch that's gone wrong with this signing. Brighton had about 20 pages basically saying he's the best thing since slice bread, something's up.

I think we have two things going on:

A) Legs are going - needs to be played centrally with a quicker partner to pick up runners. You might say 29 is too young for a defender to start to lose pace, but everyone ages differently. Louis was in some of his best form of his career at that age, but others have faded even faster.

B) Psychology. The Frank Fielding effect. A poor start with some high-profile cock-ups have knocked confidence and he's buckling under the strain. I wonder if the club have brought in a sports psychologist to try to get something back for their investment.

The latter's just a guess, of course. Bust-ups, off-field problems etc could also be possible....

Like I've said on numerous occasions...since the Preston game...we won't see El Abd in a first team shirt again, unless certain things can be sorted out between both parties. Vague I know... but I'm not even going to go their...And no...I'm not going to give Evidence before anyone asks...

Red Robbo...your last sentence covers it pretty much...

Not sure where this optimism comes from, so far he has looked very one-paced, poor positional sense and gives away far too many needless free kicks in dangerous positions. He may come good, but I get the feeling it will be best all round if he moves on quickly, and we bring in someone who will fit in with the club.

Not sure where this optimism comes from, so far he has looked very one-paced, poor positional sense and gives away far too many needless free kicks in dangerous positions. He may come good, but I get the feeling it will be best all round if he moves on quickly, and we bring in someone who will fit in with the club.

So with 3 years left on his deal how do we do that?

I thought the whole point of trying to live within FFP was that there were no more Styvars, Nicky Hunts or Damion Stewarts?

You don't realise just how close you are.

How I hate "I know something you don't know" comments.

I suspect that you have heard some gossip or speculation. If so, it's best for all parties if you keep it to yourself, whatever it is. If the club wanted us to know details of why hes not been near the squad recently, we would have been told through official channels. It hasn't made any comment. There will be a reason for that.

Of course, if it's "safe and legal" for you to share then do so. I suspect that you won't.

If you know nothing then feel free to speculate with the rest of us but please don't try to elevate your status to "in the know" if you're merely the recipient of gossip.

It's not as easy as that.

You have a guy that is 29, on a 3 and a half year contract. His swansong contract...

He's on fantastic wages compared to many in the first team...a stupid amount...and no I'm not going to say how much, or how I know...so make of it what you will before all the insults start flying...just putting it out their so fans understand the situation.

If the 'problems' can't be resolved, the chances of finding a team to come in and take him on loan and pay even part of his wages is going to be quiet difficult.

He has no incentive to go anywhere else...unless a team is prepared to match his wages that he's on here.

Make his money here... and rot...or agree a pay off. I can't see the latter to be honest. Unless it was paid in stages instead of a lump sum, so he doesn't have to pay so much tax.

The same has happened with Fontaine....why is that player even here? If he had any desire to improve his career and move on, he would have agreed a package to leave and find another Club. But it's players like these, that know they won't get a better deal anywhere else...will run the contract down, take every last penny, then move on to a lower Club on a smaller contract.

That's why I admire Lee Johnson...on two occasions he's come to mutual agreements on contracts, so that he can move on and further his career, even if on lower wages. The man has desire and passion for football, invested well and now is creating a new career as a manager... some players should take note.

Had a heads up from a colleague who's not a member of this forum....As a side note....it's where his head is at the moment... at five o clock yesterday, he was tweeting and congratulating surviving relegation...of another Club...no mention ever of City since he signed. Means nothing really...but when every player was on the pitch waving to the fans..he was tweeting that....make of that what you will... :whistle:

It's not as easy as that.

You have a guy that is 29, on a 3 and a half year contract. His swansong contract...

He's on fantastic wages compared to many in the first team...a stupid amount...and no I'm not going to say how much, or how I know...so make of it what you will before all the insults start flying...just putting it out their so fans understand the situation.

If the 'problems' can't be resolved, the chances of finding a team to come in and take him on loan and pay even part of his wages is going to be quiet difficult.

He has no incentive to go anywhere else...unless a team is prepared to match his wages that he's on here.

Make his money here... and rot...or agree a pay off. I can't see the latter to be honest. Unless it was paid in stages instead of a lump sum, so he doesn't have to pay so much tax.

The same has happened with Fontaine....why is that player even here? If he had any desire to improve his career and move on, he would have agreed a package to leave and find another Club. But it's players like these, that know they won't get a better deal anywhere else...will run the contract down, take every last penny, then move on to a lower Club on a smaller contract.

That's why I admire Lee Johnson...on two occasions he's come to mutual agreements on contracts, so that he can move on and further his career, even if on lower wages. The man has desire and passion for football, invested well and now is creating a new career as a manager... some players should take note.

I take it your itk then!? Has there been issues with management or team mates then? Or can't you say?

Had a heads up from a colleague who's not a member of this forum....As a side note....it's where his head is at the moment... at five o clock yesterday, he was tweeting and congratulating surviving relegation...of another Club...no mention ever of City since he signed. Means nothing really...but when every player was on the pitch waving to the fans..he was tweeting that....make of that what you will... :whistle:

He was also there.. This is a reply from his tweet

@aelabd6 @comeonyouhawks thanks Adam for your support and coming along today

I take it your itk then!? Has there been issues with management or team mates then? Or can't you say?

Not team mates....It's hard to be specific on here...because if I say too much it will be obvious as to where the info comes from and it's not worth getting them in trouble.

Archived