IGNORED

Steve Landsown

RedHead05

Unbelievable that people can slag off owners like Lansdown when you see the likes of Tan and Allam tearing the heart and soul from clubs who are in truth no bigger than us in terms of fanbase and historical achievement.

I'd rather have a division three Bristol City Football Club than a division one Hull City Tigers plc or Malaysian Redwings (proudly sponsored by VisitMalaysia.com) Corp. any day of the week.

Allam is as much a Fan and owners as SL, been a prominent business man in Hull for years. Only reason he is getting a bad press is his opinion on the club name and one bad ill thought out statement. Seems he has achieved a lot more.  Like SL putting money into the local Rugby team, and investing money into local Hull sport.  So he has made a bit of a cock up,no more than SL, but has a team in the Premier league twice, for a club about the same size as us!  Interestingly his worth is about half of SL.

So I wonder who is better at running a football club?

TRL: Steve L was humble in his speach yesterday. He didn't seek thanks for opening the East End, he simply praised them for their support. Like most who were there, I came away from the game yesterday feeling positive and optimistic for the future.

You are clearly a glass-half-empty kinda guy. I understand you have stated your intention not to return to the Gate anytime soon. May I ask that you also abstain from the forum until you next bother to go and watch another home game?

Thanks.

TRL: Steve L was humble in his speach yesterday. He didn't seek thanks for opening the East End, he simply praised them for their support. Like most who were there, I came away from the game yesterday feeling positive and optimistic for the future.

You are clearly a glass-half-empty kinda guy. I understand you have stated your intention not to return to the Gate anytime soon. May I ask that you also abstain from the forum until you next bother to go and watch another home game?

Thanks.

No, your request is denied as I go to away games and have an opinion,if it does not align with your opinion then tough luck.

Edit

Did you also feel optimistic when he said he wouldnot give up until AV was built

Did you feel optimistic when he said he would get AV built, and if it didn't happen then he would pass on the mantel to someone else who coul drive the club forward?

Were you optimistic on "judge me on Tinnion"?

Were you optimistic when we signed Del and he said we had our eye on him for a few years, likewise were you optimistic when He signed SOD and said we had our eyes on him for a few years, Likewise were you optimistic when he said We had our eyes on Cotterill for a few years?

Were you optimistic when he said Millen wasn't experienced enough for the job, but 3 months later he was.

Were you also optimistic when he said he likes to give a manager a chance? Del, SOD Millen Tinnion,  how long do these guys get, he is living off of Johnson when he spouts bollox like this, in truth he does not stick with manager that long it is a convenient mistruth he has got fans believing.

I am guessing you are easily pleased, and believe all the half truths you are fed.  

But you stay Optimistic, I am way past that, the proof is out there, you just have to peer through the rose tinted haze.

Indeed, makes it very expensive to buy the club off him for any interested party's though doesn't it.

Sewn it up for him perfectly. Which is what I have been tryng to spell out to people for ages.

Not at all, the value of the shares still represent the value of the company. Which is to say 'next to nothing'.

Fair enough. It's just that your negitivity seems futile and strength-sapping. I go through life feeling happy every day, then I log on here and read this stuff and it brings me down.

Don't worry, be happy :)

I edited it on a rant :)

But My glass is always half empty, so when things go well, the euphoria I feel is far greater than those that are eternally optimistic are ever likely to achieve.

Negativity leads to far greater highs, give it a go :)

Not at all, the value of the shares still represent the value of the company. Which is to say 'next to nothing'.

You reckon he will sell it for next to nothing? or rely on the fans saying the club is worth more due to the millions poured in. He is putting himself in a position to keep the club on the basis that fans think he is great, when the real evidence points in the opposite direction.

My opinion, for what it's worth...

I believe in Steve Landsown we couldn't have a better owner. He is a City fan at heart and is passionate and committed to seeing us improve. I'm not saying he's perfect and he's never made a mistake, but who hasn't? What I believe we have in him is a secure future and solid financial backing. I honestly don't know who anti SL posters would rather run the club? Foreign owners? Other business men who don't care as much about our club and city? No thanks!

As for the 'fan owned club' argument, I think it's a generally naive idea. As SL has repeatedly said, he is a fan, so what else do you want? To believe that the club would be better run because 'fans' are in charge is ridiculous. You're always going to have differing views to other fans, this forum is the perfect example of this. There is always bickering. How the hell would we get on if we ran the club? Disaster! For clubs like Pompey, Cardiff and Hull I can see the argument for more fan control but we are not in that diar position. SL genuinely cares and his committed to our football club.

I think we're incredibly lucky to have an owner like SL. My personal opinion is that anyone who believes otherwise is either deluded or naive regarding the other options.

He used to watch Rovers as a kid.

I edited it on a rant :)

But My glass is always half empty, so when things go well, the euphoria I feel is far greater than those that are eternally optimistic are ever likely to achieve.

Negativity leads to far greater highs, give it a go :)

No I think you're wrong. After nearly 40 years watching City, it would be impossible for anyone to feel more euphoric than I, should we ever experience even moderate success.

It's just that life is too short, and I am too busy to waste any time or emotion on your hateful agenda. Like I said, don't worry be happy.

I was far more positive towards SL yesterday than I have been for a while, for several reasons.

We've made an extremely positive managerial change this season. I now look forward to going to AG again with confidence I will regularly actually enjoy the experience with entertaining football, goals, and a good number of home wins.

I was never in favour of Ashton Vale so am delighted that the final decision has gone in favour of redeveloping AG. I could never support the obliteration of AG so I'm grateful to SL that, whether it was his first choice or not, he is now providing the funding for Bristol City to remain at our traditional home at what will be a vastly improved Ashton Gate.

Exciting times ahead on and off the pitch imo, and as a fan you can't ask for much better prospect than that.

More than happy to give SL a good reception yesterday.

Not strictly true.  SL can plough as much money as he likes in by way of equity and spend it on all sorts of things.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

Yes... I know that...I was purely on about money being put into the playing staff.

Hence why I would like him to invest in paying wages to people who know about football...he can pay into that if he wants.

Create a board of people who's sole purpose is running the football side and finding and developing talent.

Don't leave it just to the manager and his side kick.

We need more than ever now, to make the right footballing decisions on finding talent and developing players as we can't rely on his money to pay wages.

It always stuns me how many British Clubs still run their Clubs by allowing one man ( the manager ) to basically say who he wants in his playing staff...play his way...sign them on...ultimately fail...then get sacked...and then we start all over again.

Look at how many Clubs in the English league do this...keep sacking managers...keep selling and signing players...keep failing to find what they want...and yet they still continue to go down this well trodden path and fail to realise it doesn't work...Nuts imho!

Yes... I know that...I was purely on about money being put into the playing staff.

Hence why I would like him to invest in paying wages to people who know about football...he can pay into that if he wants.

Create a board of people who's sole purpose is running the football side and finding and developing talent.

Don't leave it just to the manager and his side kick.

We need more than ever now, to make the right footballing decisions on finding talent and developing players as we can't rely on his money to pay wages.

It always stuns me how many British Clubs still run their Clubs by allowing one man ( the manager ) to basically say who he wants in his playing staff...play his way...sign them on...ultimately fail...then get sacked...and then we start all over again.

Look at how many Clubs in the English league do this...keep sacking managers...keep selling and signing players...keep failing to find what they want...and yet they still continue to go down this well trodden path and fail to realise it doesn't work...Nuts imho!

You mean hiring say a director of football like say Keith Burt who has a good footballing knowladge who can liease between the manager and the board, and hire a coaching team to assist the manager in training and devloping young players like say Carlos Anton Brian Tinnian and John Pemberton,

You mean hiring say a director of football like say Keith Burt who has a good footballing knowladge who can liease between the manager and the board, and hire a coaching team to assist the manager in training and devloping young players like say Carlos Anton Brian Tinnian and John Pemberton,

Exactly that mate...as long as they liaise with one another and not work individually.

It was Keith Burt who 'allegedly' brought in El Ahd and not SC. 

It's al very well appointing these people, but the directive of the Club has to be adhered too.

It's no good having all these individuals if they are working as individuals and not as a team.

You have to have the same goal and work together.

The two coaches you mention...fantastic...but what good does it do for the Clubs benefit if you have the under 18's playing one way and the under 21's playing another? Where is the continuity?

Do you see where I'm coming from?

He used to watch Rovers as a kid.

I watched Rovers as a kid. Why? Because I didn't have a parent to take me along to football or give me a team to support. I went a few times with a friend and his Dad and fortunately watched City as well and fell in love with them. Does that make me a worse supporter than you, or show that I care less about this club than you because I watched rovers a few times as a kid? No, it doesn't. I'm not sure what your point is. It is evident that SL is genuinely committed to the cause and passionate about Bristol City being successful and sustainable.

Exactly that mate...as long as they liaise with one another and not work individually.

It was Keith Burt who 'allegedly' brought in El Ahd and not SC. 

It's al very well appointing these people, but the directive of the Club has to be adhered too.

It's no good having all these individuals if they are working as individuals and not as a team.

You have to have the same goal and work together.

The two coaches you mention...fantastic...but what good does it do for the Clubs benefit if you have the under 18's playing one way and the under 21's playing another? Where is the continuity?

Do you see where I'm coming from?

Yes to a degree but for me under 18's shouldn;t be about how you play or results it should be about devloping as a player only, if they are only playing one way they fail to adapt to other situations, for example Arsenal they only know how to play one way while its good to watch it can be countered with shrewd tactic and the players have no answer to it,

Under 21's should be using the current first team tactics as thats where the first team should be going for cover (if players are good enough)

So there are benefits to both ways of running thing, running different tacts gives players adaptability,

We are finally starting to see youth players coming through that could do very well, Battern Morrell Bishop for example and this could well be because of the changes we made after johnson left,

Things won't and can't change over night with that it takes 4 or 5 years for you to finally see the results and if Reid Burns and Bryan kick on and we see improvements in the latest crop then great,

If we go through another long period (i'm talking 5 years here) of seeing little to no prgress from youth to senior teams then we know its gone worng,

Harry will be along in a minute to explain it...................

"Harry will be along in a minute to condemn it"

Corrected that for you...

Thanks fella's for involving me in a thread I had no interest in whatsoever.

For the record :

a) I didn't hear SL's broadcast as I was in the East End.

b) I've never criticised SL - check my posting history if you're that obsessive with me.  Yes, I've held the board to account over numerous balls-ups, but last time I checked, SL wasn't a member of the board.

c) Sometimes I can't just pop along "in a minute" as I do have a life outside of this forum.  Sorry that it took me 2 days to get back to you!

Cheers fellows, hope to see you on another thread soon!

Thanks fella's for involving me in a thread I had no interest in whatsoever.

For the record :

a) I didn't hear SL's broadcast as I was in the East End.

b) I've never criticised SL - check my posting history if you're that obsessive with me.  Yes, I've held the board to account over numerous balls-ups, but last time I checked, SL wasn't a member of the board.

c) Sometimes I can't just pop along "in a minute" as I do have a life outside of this forum.  Sorry that it took me 2 days to get back to you!

Cheers fellows, hope to see you on another thread soon!

but lansdown picks the team choses the tactics buys and sells the players runs the turnstyles takes training and cooks the pies tho'

but lansdown picks the team choses the tactics buys and sells the players runs the turnstyles takes training and cooks the pies tho'

If Tesco's kept selling you a poor quality product and never rectified their mistakes...do you blame the girl on the till?

I find the anti-Lansdown sentiments astonishing. The guy is about to single handedly fund our stadium redevelopment. He has written off our debts. He has repeatedly said he is trying to make the club financially sustainable which is prudent, pragmatic and is absolutely the right thing to do. Where would we be without him?

Yes, mistakes have been made in terms of managerial appointments - but the majority of his appointments were broadly backed by this forum at the time (notably McInnes, O'Driscoll) so are we really in a position to criticise? Is it his fault Steve Coppell walked away? Ironically the most recent appointment of Cotterill was criticised but has actually worked out rather well.

If you want to see what a bad club owner looks like, drive across the Severn Bridge. They have exchanged the very identity of their club for one miserable season in the premier league and a mountain of debt.

Be careful what you wish for.

I've no problem with people questioning and challenging Lansdown, that's healthy.

I just find it astonishing when people can't see he has only been a positive for the club overall. Not perfect, not without mistakes (who is?) but still a great owner and one we are lucky to have.

I've come to the opinion that's it's a waste of time debating that fact, you better off accepting that out of 20000 core fans, some won't be happy the with whatever the situation is.

Archived