IGNORED

Steve Landsown

RedHead05

I've no problem with people questioning and challenging Lansdown, that's healthy.

I just find it astonishing when people can't see he has only been a positive for the club overall. Not perfect, not without mistakes (who is?) but still a great owner and one we are lucky to have.

I've come to the opinion that's it's a waste of time debating that fact, you better off accepting that out of 20000 core fans, some won't be happy the with whatever the situation is.

Thats what annoys me, people make out this this is the worst run club in the country, We're not even the worst run club in Bristol

Thats what annoys me, people make out this this is the worst run club in the country, We're not even the worst run club in Bristol

On a par I reckon, though going forward we seem to have a better plan than them in theory.

Pleasing to see Lansdown admit the stadium projects had distracted them from the football team (another thing I've been saying for months/years) and now Higgs should admit the same has happened at R*vers.

This is another good example of why a football club needs a strong, stable, infrastructure in place, not decision making made on a whim.

On a par I reckon, though going forward we seem to have a better plan than them in theory.

Pleasing to see Lansdown admit the stadium projects had distracted them from the football team (another thing I've been saying for months/years) and now Higgs should admit the same has happened at R*vers.

This is another good example of why a football club needs a strong, stable, infrastructure in place, not decision making made on a whim.

We are no where near as bad as the blue few, I acutally feel sorry for them some times, then I start laughing because its the gas

So the KITR / DOD double act rolls on.  They cannot complain about the results any longer, and SC has not delivered hoofball.  So they plaster this forum with vague insinuations about things not being right behind the scenes, the right infrastructure not being in place, massive underachievement (whereas the last few years have actually been above average for us), blah blah blah, ad f nasueum.

Is there any chance the two of you could take a break, and leave the rest of us to enjoy the massive upturn in our fortunes on the field, the redevelopment of AG and the fact that R*vers are not yet safe?

So the KITR / DOD double act rolls on.  They cannot complain about the results any longer, and SC has not delivered hoofball.  So they plaster this forum with vague insinuations about things not being right behind the scenes, the right infrastructure not being in place, massive underachievement (whereas the last few years have actually been above average for us), blah blah blah, ad f nasueum.

Is there any chance the two of you could take a break, and leave the rest of us to enjoy the massive upturn in our fortunes on the field, the redevelopment of AG and the fact that R*vers are not yet safe?

Vague insinuations? Watch the video above of Lansdown FFS. And what do you think the advent of the 5 pillars was aimed to address?

I will definitely not be "taking a break" as long as people such as yourself have such a poor understanding of the mechanics of the football club.

And don't worry yourself flower, I certainly had a great day Saturday in the EE and partying after :)

Kinnel... I almost spat my cup of coffee out fella... 'The last few years have been above average for us'? :facepalm:

So you are happy with the last few years...give over mate. :blink:

Please attack the post not the poster...you sound like a school ground bully trying to gather his forum mates together. :sad26:

Just because we have avoided relegation...everything is now Rosy?

We have to start again with a new squad next season. It's been a short term fix again.

Enjoy the relegation avoidance...enjoy AG being re developed...as will I.

But don't be so daft as to think everything is now ok now.

As for the Gas... I couldn't give a shit about them mate...neither could SL...like he said in his speech above...'all I care about is how this Club does'. And if some of our fans took more interest in what's going on at our Club, instead of what the Gas are doing...perhaps they'd get it. :thumbsup: It was sad to hear the majority of songs from the EE on her last hurrah, being sung about the Gas going down...instead of encouraging our lads onto a win, and a last goal in front of it...say's a lot imho. :chant6ez:

Don't ask fellow fans to not give an opinion. If you don't like it...avoid the conversation... others on here are willing to have a sensible debate, whether they agree or not...this forum is not for shutting people up. :P

We all want what's best for this Club mate...no point being content or apathetic to what's going on their. :fingerscrossed:

Right...enough...off to watch the young 'ens in the Glos Cup final. :thumbsup:

Problem with the SL bashing brigade is they never come up with an alternative. They want an owner who puts in and wants nothing back. An owner who chooses the next Alex Ferguson and then steps in to stop him buying Ralph Milne. Sorry that person just isn't out there.

Most football clubs are bought as playthings by wealthy owners  - I'd rather be the plaything of a self-confessed fan than an opportunist. I've seen Steve and Maggie Lansdown following City at all sorts of crappy places all over the country. Ashton Gate is worth a lot more for development than as a sports stadium but SL is developing it as.........a sports stadium. 

As to the future, I'm sure City will be playing at Ashton Gate where I went with my Grandad,  Dad,  Son  and the rest of my family for as long as football is worth watching. Not sure how long that is but this coming World Cup may well be a watershed. I fear that we'll all be able to look back and say that it was in Brazil that football finally became a non-contact sport, where the winners are the best divers and cheats. I shall still watch Bayern and Real Madrid later though!

:facepalm:

Problem with the SL bashing brigade is they never come up with an alternative.

Hmmm that's not true as I see it.

Only this week there has been a long thread on "how you'd run a football club" with many good ideas suggested.

But let's make this very clear, the vast majority of fans aren't asking for an alternative to SL.

The club make cock-ups and get criticised on here. As a result some of those mistakes sometimes get rectified. The board should be accountable to the fans because without the fans the club is nothing.

It's a good job we do have supporters who engage in constructive criticism as your view of "let's just accept the club (and therefore US) is SL's plaything" puts the supporters in a very weak position.

... 'The last few years have been above average for us'? :facepalm:

... this forum is not for shutting people up. :P

I'm not going to start another long debate, so just two brief points.

1.  Only twice in the post-war era have we spent more than 5 years in the second tier.  So yes - fact - the last few years have been unusually good for us.

2.  I'm not trying to shut people up.  But you and KITR have made your points again and again, in many different threads, spreading negativity everywhere.

Archived