IGNORED

Steven Gerrard.

Barrs Court Red

You couldn't write this stuff in a believable story. Never won the league despite being one of very few world class English players from his generation.

In the twighlight of his career, he drags his unfancied team to the brink of winning the title he's so long missed out on.....and he single handily gives it away.

How I chuckled.

You couldn't write this stuff in a believable story. Never won the league despite being one of very few world class English players from his generation.

In the twighlight of his career, he drags his unfancied team to the brink of winning the title he's so long missed out on.....and he single handily gives it away.

How I chuckled.

Really?  seems a bit harsh. And it aint finished their season has it?

And can we PLEASE leave the Lee Miller thing alone???

and yes i was there and yes he should have scored but ffs it was one game out of a season, him missing that header wasn't the reason we didnt go up, that would be a season full of mistakes and errors by everyone costing points but only his gets singled out,

totally does my head in everytime it gets mentioned :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr:

Terrible 1st touch which led to him panicking and slipping over!!

I've no time for Chelsea,but Liverpool were tactically outdone big time.

Jose parked the bus with a 4-5-1 and was ultra cautious, as per against Athletico, only one team trying to win, as per Athletico, and thats a tactical triumph?? meh. What would you have suggested then, Rogers to have also played a 4-5-1 and refused to try and score in a double bluff?? Pool tried a variety of stuff and Chelski defended really well and took a lucky goal.What tactics?

not a pool fan btw.

Jose parked the bus with a 4-5-1 and was ultra cautious, as per against Athletico, only one team trying to win, as per Athletico, and thats a tactical triumph?? meh. What would you have suggested then, Rogers to have also played a 4-5-1 and refused to try and score in a double bluff?? Pool tried a variety of stuff and Chelski defended really well and took a lucky goal.What tactics?

not a pool fan btw.

They had a game plan, stuck to it and scored two goals and won. That's that. Nothing lucky about it. Liverpool lost because they only have one way of playing, they have no plan b. Jose knew this.

They had a game plan, stuck to it and scored two goals and won. That's that. Nothing lucky about it. Liverpool lost because they only have one way of playing, they have no plan b. Jose knew this.

Can't argue with any of that.

What Plan B is there in that situation, though? The only other option is to hoof it up to a big target man, but even then, you're asking for a slice of luck that didn't go Liverpool's way today.

It's incredibly negative, but all the signs suggest it gets results. You only have to look at Chelsea's Champions League run in 2012, against the likes of Barcelona in their prime, and Bayern on their own pitch, in the final.

I do feel sorry for Gerrard, it seems incredibly ironic after his speech at the end of the Man City game. Could be a few twists and turns in the title race yet, with Everton playing Man City next week.

I hate every "top" prem team

Just want a random team to crop up out of nowhere and disrupt the top 4. Make it interesting. Like Saints at the start of the season

At the start of a season you can easily name 6 teams that'll be up the top end of the table.

To be fair, Liverpool are as close to that as you could probably hope to get and still be realistic... They haven't won the league for 25 years, they've had a number of distinctly average seasons recently and haven't even qualified for CL for a while, their wage bill is significantly less than last seasons top four and they probably weren't considered serious contenders at the start of the season as their strength in depth is not the same as other teams.

But, Rodgers has got them playing football the right way, he's brought the best out of young English players like Sterling, Sturridge and Flanagan. He's given youth a chance. And Stevie G who optimises commitment to a club and has been a fantastic servant has the chance to lift the PL trophy in his twilight years, something he had probably written off before this season.

I'm by no means a liverpool fan (I actually prefer Everton), but for all the above reasons I really want liverpool to win the league this season. I think they deserve it.

How I chuckled.

And that does not surprise me at all.

Pullis record for Stoke against the dippers was pretty impressive. That won't be an easy game. How amusing would it be if they royally bottle the best chance they have of winning the league.

I think liverpool will take 6 points. Saw how Palace have eased off now they are safe. Everton v City will now be the game which will prob decide where the title goes.

Archived