IGNORED

Steven Gerrard.

Barrs Court Red

Not the same as the Athletico game,Chelsea didn't come out at all in that game.

This time ( in the 1st half) they came out and played,once they got the goal ( wasn't lucky,it was an awful attempt by Gerrard to control a very simple pass) they then sat in and counter attacked.

Liverpool were predictable,lack of forward movement and runners from midfield. Lucas,Allan and Gerrard as a central 3 all play deep in midfield, all keep the ball well, but hardly threaten the oppo,Sterling and Coutinho played wide with zero effect which left Suarez isolated.

:)

Gerrard is world class don't you know!  Hollywood balls and free kicks,shame about the simple stuff.  I don't know how you make a mistake like that,it is bread and butter stuff.  Everyone makes mistakes,but that one, nah, not at that level,it didn't even bobble.

Gutted for Gerrard - can't stand any of the big Premier League clubs but if anyone deserves to lift a Premier League trophy who hasn't already, it's him.

Regarding the game, hate to admit it as I can't stand Chelsea, but Jose put on a tactical masterclass. Liverpool wanted it too much and were far too offensive. All they had to do was get a point, and I think that would have seen them win the league. Jose knew Liverpool only had the one gameplan and would go gung-ho for it, and he had the perfect antidote. The one thing Chelsea do very, very well is to not concede, and Liverpool don't.

I said to my Liverpool supporting colleague at Christmas that their inability to keep clean sheets would cost them the title. It's now Man City's for the losing. Chelsea might be boring but you build from the back, and not conceding goals is the most important thing. Man C can get away with it a bit more because they are so strong going forwards.

If Chelsea had a 20 goal striker they'd have already won the league.

If Man C beat Everton on Saturday, they win the league IMO. Because they follow that up with home games against Villa and West Ham to win the season, and that has 6 home points written all over it.

So just because someone owns a big house and earns a lot of money means we can't empathise with them? Gerrard is a model pro and didn't deserve what happened to him today,regardless of how many bedrooms he has at home.

I didn't chuckle. His unfortunate mistake probably handed the title to a team built solely on financial strength. Pretty sure most neutrals would rather see Liverpool win it.

Some really pathetic posts in this thread.

So just because someone owns a big house and earns a lot of money means we can't empathise with them? Gerrard is a model pro and didn't deserve what happened to him today,regardless of how many bedrooms he has at home.

I didn't chuckle. His unfortunate mistake probably handed the title to a team built solely on financial strength. Pretty sure most neutrals would rather see Liverpool win it.

Some really pathetic posts in this thread.

oh come off it, Liverpool spend a fair whack too but they just don't broadcast it. Liverpool are the media darlings, everyone has to feel sorry for them. Sorry not me. I had a family member die 20 years ago in tragic circumstances but I don't go around demanding everyone feels sorry for me. Of course I have sympathy but I seriously dislike the whole attitude towards Liverpool from their fans to the media to other supporters.

So just because someone owns a big house and earns a lot of money means we can't empathise with them? 

Yes, exactly that. We can't empathise with him because most of us don't know what it is like to earn that amount of money for playing football.

We can sympathise with him though. And in all honesty I do. But there are worse things in life than making a mistake that may cost your team a championship. That's all.

Yes, exactly that. We can't empathise with him because most of us don't know what it is like to earn that amount of money for playing football.

We can sympathise with him though. And in all honesty I do. But there are worse things in life than making a mistake that may cost your team a championship. That's all.

Empathy/sympathy, however you want to put it, either way I can understand his disappointment at letting his team down. But of course you're right, there are worse things that can happen in life.

1398620925924.gif

I didn't laugh at gerrard. Gutted for him, and Liverpool really. They deserve the title, and Gerrard especially. Would've been healthy for england to have him on a high this summer as well. Milner on a high not the same!

But even that said, thanks for posting that video and bringing tears to my eyes!

Wow lot of hate for Gerrard. Anyone can make a mistake, look at Kompany!

His biggest mistake was then trying to do everything himself to make up for it, shooting from 30 yards etc

What else could he do?? He constantly had 10 Chelsea players in front of him.. Think one of Liverpool problems yesterday was they didn't pass the ball quick enough

What else could he do?? He constantly had 10 Chelsea players in front of him.. Think one of Liverpool problems yesterday was they didn't pass the ball quick enough

No midfield runners either. As I said earlier, Henderson would have made a big difference yesterday. What I don't understand though is that of the three well paid midfield players playing for Liverpool yesterday NONE of them have it in their locker to replicate the types of runs Henderson makes. Even if you make those runs to a slightly lesser standard you are still causing a nuisance to the Chelsea shape and maybe creating space for others. But that's not their game so they didn't even try it despite the situation screaming out for it - I find that amazing!!

No midfield runners either. As I said earlier, Henderson would have made a big difference yesterday. What I don't understand though is that of the three well paid midfield players playing for Liverpool yesterday NONE of them have it in their locker to replicate the types of runs Henderson makes. Even if you make those runs to a slightly lesser standard you are still causing a nuisance to the Chelsea shape and maybe creating space for others. But that's not their game so they didn't even try it despite the situation screaming out for it - I find that amazing!!

In fairness Lucas made several runs but the ball could not be forced through to him- Joe Allen also attempted runs a couple of times. Chelsea played two deep lines of defence practically along their own penalty area, there wasn't any space behind them to play into.

Chelsea's two lines of defence were absolutely perfect all game- whilst I find it incredibly boring to watch it is the reason they won and may be the reason they win the champions league. People will pick flaws in Liverpool attack but this is a Chelsea defence that have now shut out Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal and Athletico away from home. It may not be the beautiful game but it is damn effective.

In fairness Lucas made several runs but the ball could not be forced through to him- Joe Allen also attempted runs a couple of times. Chelsea played two deep lines of defence practically along their own penalty area, there wasn't any space behind them to play into.

Chelsea's two lines of defence were absolutely perfect all game- whilst I find it incredibly boring to watch it is the reason they won and may be the reason they win the champions league. People will pick flaws in Liverpool attack but this is a Chelsea defence that have now shut out Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal and Athletico away from home. It may not be the beautiful game but it is damn effective.

Damn effective but if replicated all over the country will empty football grounds, make no mistake about that.

Wow lot of hate for Gerrard. Anyone can make a mistake, look at Kompany!

His biggest mistake was then trying to do everything himself to make up for it, shooting from 30 yards etc

It's criticism not hate,are we not allowed to critise a player who some say is world class for not being able to control the ball?

He messed up, why try and hide the fact.

I absolutely hate Liverpool and dislike pretty much all prem teams who finish the same or near abouts place all season would have loved to see Everton in the champo league place as they have played some nice football this season also Jose mourinho is a great manager and i don't see why people dislike his ways it's all tactical sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't it's just the way he is and I also believe they will win the champions league as he has won it at all the clubs he's managed except from Chelsea so I can see it happening

You haven't got much time for punctuation, either, have you? :whistle:

Liverpool got carried away with themselves.  A draw would have stopped any chance of Chelsea being in the title race and would have let Liverpool keep it in their own hands.  Should have played Chelsea at their own game and kept it tight.  Chelsea were the ones that needed to win yesterday, not Liverpool.

Liverpool got carried away with themselves. A draw would have stopped any chance of Chelsea being in the title race and would have let Liverpool keep it in their own hands. Should have played Chelsea at their own game and kept it tight. Chelsea were the ones that needed to win yesterday, not Liverpool.

eExactly what I have been trying to say. Liverpool played right into Chelseas hands, they did exactly what Chelsea expected them to do, they played into Chelseas hands. They themselves should have sat back and forced Chelsea out oft he blocks but as I previously said Liverpool have no plan B, no other way to play. Where as Chelsea do and that's the difference between being the champions or the nearly men.

I didn't laugh at gerrard. Gutted for him, and Liverpool really. They deserve the title, and Gerrard especially. 

That's just it!  Why do Gerrard and Liverpool deserve the title? If they win it on merit, by finishing top of the league, then fair play to them, they would have earned it.

That's what I find so sickly about any Liverpool love in - they're somehow deserving or destined.  Make's me feel a bit queasy, tbh. 

I'm struggling to see the difference between what Mourinho did twice this week and what Allardyce did at Chelsea earlier this season? It was effective for both teams but for some reason it's only acceptable for 1 team. Confused.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-WDZikiXhQ

Exactly.

In his first stint at Chelsea this sort of behaviour would have been put down to his character and appeal.

In this stint he has all the charisma of a rotting haddock.  A miserable bad loser who tells bare-faced porkies and looks stupid doing it.

Archived