IGNORED

Steven Gerrard.

Barrs Court Red

Jose parked the bus with a 4-5-1 and was ultra cautious, as per against Athletico, only one team trying to win, as per Athletico, and thats a tactical triumph?? meh. What would you have suggested then, Rogers to have also played a 4-5-1 and refused to try and score in a double bluff?? Pool tried a variety of stuff and Chelski defended really well and took a lucky goal.What tactics?

not a pool fan btw.

I think what we saw was a masterclass in how to contain an opposition side with clearly a much more potent attacking element to them. The positional sense of the chelsea team won them the game today, or in the very least earned them a clean sheet. The CM's dropped in alongside the CB's and the wide men effectively became the full backs every time Liverpool got close to the 18 yard area. Chelsea basically barricaded the middle of the pitch and had enough men back that if their goal of forcing Liverpool wide and stopping the cross did fail and a ball was played in, the ball would be virtually guaranteed to be cleared by a blue shirt. They also made sure by congesting the middle in their own third of the pitch, they limited the effectiveness of the ball into Suarez's feet, which again would force Liverpool out wide.

It wasn't pretty, but for me it was defensive footballing tactics and excellent positional discipline that got Chelsea the points.

Edit: And Gerrard cocking it up! ;)

Jose parked the bus with a 4-5-1 and was ultra cautious, as per against Athletico, only one team trying to win, as per Athletico, and thats a tactical triumph?? meh. What would you have suggested then, Rogers to have also played a 4-5-1 and refused to try and score in a double bluff?? Pool tried a variety of stuff and Chelski defended really well and took a lucky goal.What tactics?

not a pool fan btw.

Not the same as the Athletico game,Chelsea didn't come out at all in that game.

This time ( in the 1st half) they came out and played,once they got the goal ( wasn't lucky,it was an awful attempt by Gerrard to control a very simple pass) they then sat in and counter attacked.

Liverpool were predictable,lack of forward movement and runners from midfield. Lucas,Allan and Gerrard as a central 3 all play deep in midfield, all keep the ball well, but hardly threaten the oppo,Sterling and Coutinho played wide with zero effect which left Suarez isolated.

Yes, had to chuckle as well; nothing more sickly than a real life fairy tale.

As well as their gobshite fans, deriving from all corners of the globe, they also recently pulled on the heartstrings of the nation by mixing the Hillsborough disaster with the title race.  

They proudly declared that they used it as part of their motivational team talk an it really inspired them to victory.  How do they explain the lack of inspiration and victory to families of the victims, today?

I found it a bit sick at the time, winning and losing shouldn't be tangled up with life and death. 

What Plan B is there in that situation, though? The only other option is to hoof it up to a big target man, but even then, you're asking for a slice of luck that didn't go Liverpool's way today.

It's incredibly negative, but all the signs suggest it gets results. You only have to look at Chelsea's Champions League run in 2012, against the likes of Barcelona in their prime, and Bayern on their own pitch, in the final.

I do feel sorry for Gerrard, it seems incredibly ironic after his speech at the end of the Man City game. Could be a few twists and turns in the title race yet, with Everton playing Man City next week.

If Liverpool were smart their plan b would have been to play Jose at his own game and take the draw and point which would have seen them win the league. Instead they stick to plan a, get beat and pour all their hard work all season long down the drain. They were naive and it may well cost them. 

If Liverpool were smart their plan b would have been to play Jose at his own game and take the draw and point which would have seen them win the league. Instead they stick to plan a, get beat and pour all their hard work all season long down the drain. They were naive and it may well cost them. 

To be fair, had Gerrard not slipped.. I don't think they'd have lost. They were containing Chelsea fairly well until then.

I absolutely hate Liverpool and dislike pretty much all prem teams who finish the same or near abouts place all season would have loved to see Everton in the champo league place as they have played some nice football this season also Jose mourinho is a great manager and i don't see why people dislike his ways it's all tactical sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't it's just the way he is and I also believe they will win the champions league as he has won it at all the clubs he's managed except from Chelsea so I can see it happening

this is what i meant earlier, what a spectacle that would have been eh? Remember chelskis " triumph" against bayern :disapointed2se: ? I switched the Athletico game off and i wont watch if they get to the final, negative rubbish.

this is what i meant earlier, what a spectacle that would have been eh? Remember chelskis " triumph" against bayern :disapointed2se: ? I switched the Athletico game off and i wont watch if they get to the final, negative rubbish.

Ah well, your loss.

Chelsea play affective football, and if that means shutting out the likes of Barcelona who field the best player in the world in the form of his life, or a free scoring Liverpool side who have destroyed everyone, then so be it.

Ask Spurs what It feels like to be noble losers.

I absolutely hate Liverpool and dislike pretty much all prem teams who finish the same or near abouts place all season would have loved to see Everton in the champo league place as they have played some nice football this season also Jose mourinho is a great manager and i don't see why people dislike his ways it's all tactical sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't it's just the way he is and I also believe they will win the champions league as he has won it at all the clubs he's managed except from Chelsea so I can see it happening

He couldn't win it with Real Madrid.

Not the same as the Athletico game,Chelsea didn't come out at all in that game.

This time ( in the 1st half) they came out and played,once they got the goal ( wasn't lucky,it was an awful attempt by Gerrard to control a very simple pass) they then sat in and counter attacked.

Liverpool were predictable,lack of forward movement and runners from midfield. Lucas,Allan and Gerrard as a central 3 all play deep in midfield, all keep the ball well, but hardly threaten the oppo,Sterling and Coutinho played wide with zero effect which left Suarez isolated.

They missed Jordan Henderson today. He is the one midfield player they possess that looks to get into the opposition penalty area.

If he didn't slip there's a good chance he would of slid the ball back, or at worst took him down

I doubt it,but he only slipped because of the failure to control the ball.

It was bad play,but Gerrard seems to be immune from critiscm.

Any other player and it would have been " he failed to control the ball and Chelsea scored from his mistake"

I doubt it,but he only slipped because of the failure to control the ball.

It was bad play,but Gerrard seems to be immune from critiscm.

Any other player and it would have been " he failed to control the ball and Chelsea scored from his mistake"

Of course he is.

The media is full of his mates.

Archived