IGNORED

Steven Gerrard.

Barrs Court Red

That's just it! Why do Gerrard and Liverpool deserve the title? If they win it on merit, by finishing top of the league, then fair play to them, they would have earned it.

That's what I find so sickly about any Liverpool love in - they're somehow deserving or destined. Make's me feel a bit queasy, tbh.

I can kind of see where you're coming from, but I just think most neutrals like me are sick to the back teeth of either Man utd (who are a club who really do believe they have a god given right to win everything if ever there was one), or the money bags man city & chelsea who have bought their success, winning it all the time.

You couldn't write this stuff in a believable story. Never won the league despite being one of very few world class English players from his generation.

In the twighlight of his career, he drags his unfancied team to the brink of winning the title he's so long missed out on.....and he single handily gives it away.

How I chuckled.

I was at the game when we last played Chelsea in the league. 18th April 1981 and I remember it like it was yesterday. It was a 0-0 bore draw between two struggling second tier sides. Now we're a division below and Chelsea could be crowned Kings of Europe again next month. Unbelievable but true.

I can kind of see where you're coming from, but I just think most neutrals like me are sick to the back teeth of either Man utd (who are a club who really do believe they have a god given right to win everything if ever there was one), or the money bags man city & chelsea who have bought their success, winning it all the time.

Fair enough, but some of us were equally sick of Liverpool's dominance in the 70s and 80s, Some may be old enough to resent the Arsenal dominance of the 30s. The resentment may be lessened if a team like West Ham, Hull or Norwich defied the odds. But the thought of the scousers bleating again makes me still feel nauseous. Gerrard, I'd like him to win a medal, maybe, but then I think of the poor chap he got away with assaulting back in 2009....

Archived