IGNORED

Eastend Relocation Williams E F

WTMS

I got mine, plus the others that I was sorting for people who couldn't get down there this morning.

Fair play to the club as well, as there was quite a queue by 20 past 9 this morning. Ticket office wasn't meant to open until 10, but they opened at 9:30 which was very much appreciated.

Got a friend to get ours. I still think they should not have been on sale in this way, some people are going to be very disappointed. Especially not those local to bs3.

YEP! Due to work commitments I have not been able to go Ashton Gate to renew my season ticket and not had chance to get someone to do it for me so looks like I won't be going in E1 or E2.

I had a bad feeling about this and now this confirms it.

At the front of block E1 and E2 there are small sections that are reserved seating, but you will be allowed to stand when sky cameras are not there. There may be occasions when you are asked to move to a different area.

As of half hour ago there were about 100ish of these left!

Perhaps Dave L can explain more about these areas?

YEP! Due to work commitments I have not been able to go Ashton Gate to renew my season ticket and not had chance to get someone to do it for me so looks like I won't be going in E1 or E2.

This is genuinely not a moan at the club, but given there are more existing EE ST's than there were available seats, doesn't the club think it should review the arrangements it has initially made.

There are clearly going to be ongoing issues if people attempt to stand where standing isn't currently going to be tolerated.

Why doesn't the club relocate those ST's on the left hand side of the Williams to seats on the right hand side, much has it has done in the Atyeo.

This would make more sense and be easier to control than having random pockets of standing fans throughout the stand.

Block G could then be allocated to the EE.

Yes some disruption for existing ST's, but they won't have a seat to sit in next season in the Williams.

I would also seriously consider making an area in Block A suitable for wheelchair access, removing the possible conflict

In Block F.

I'm not an EE ST holder, I'm a nomad from block D of the Atyeo, I just don't want to see conflict amongst our own fans and stewards etc when a reasonable solution is possible.

Mate you should have said, I was sorting out a bunch of other peoples, would have happily got yours too

Mate you should have said, I was sorting out a bunch of other peoples, would have happily got yours too

It's obviously very kind of you to have helped several people out this morning, however the points made about the clubs choice to essentially alienate those unable to attend today are still relevant, perhaps highlighted even more so by the fact that the club are willing to allow one person to renew on behalf of up to an unlimited? Amount of fellow supporters, seemingly regardless of whether or not they know that supporter personally..

Yet they would not allow people to purchase over the phone, what exactly was the point of today in the sense of 'having to renew in person' when that clearly hasn't been the case...?

There are (going to be) a lot of unhappy supporters come Tuesday who have undoubtedly been stitched up on this one!

Dave L (on behalf of the club) do you still believe that a.insisting on people renewing in person today was the right decision and b. Why in that case were people who clearly did not attend still able to 'renew'?!

It's obviously very kind of you to have helped several people out this morning, however the points made about the clubs choice to essentially alienate those unable to attend today are still relevant, perhaps highlighted even more so by the fact that the club are willing to allow one person to renew on behalf of up to an unlimited? Amount of fellow supporters, seemingly regardless of whether or not they know that supporter personally..

Yet they would not allow people to purchase over the phone, what exactly was the point of today in the sense of 'having to renew in person' when that clearly hasn't been the case...?

There are (going to be) a lot of unhappy supporters come Tuesday who have undoubtedly been stitched up on this one!

Dave L (on behalf of the club) do you still believe that a.insisting on people renewing in person today was the right decision and b. Why in that case were people who clearly did not attend still able to 'renew'?!

Apparently having people taking phone sales was too much of a ball ache. The person who renewed our tickets I've never even met ... :laugh:

Shouldn't have have to have done it like this, was sceptical from the start but I just knew come Tuesday there would be nothing left. It's amateur ticketing (again) I thought we had learnt lessons from this season ....

At the front of block E1 and E2 there are small sections that are reserved seating, but you will be allowed to stand when sky cameras are not there. There may be occasions when you are asked to move to a different area.

As of half hour ago there were about 100ish of these left!

Perhaps Dave L can explain more about these areas?

When Sky TV televise a game at AG they usually put a camera in E block level with the 18 yard box, so we need to keep spaces for them to do that. The last few tickets sold in E block will be on the proviso that if Sky televise a game next season you may have to move to a different area.

When Sky TV televise a game at AG they usually put a camera in E block level with the 18 yard box, so we need to keep spaces for them to do that. The last few tickets sold in E block will be on the proviso that if Sky televise a game next season you may have to move to a different area.

Tbf that is presumably likely to be few if any games. I think the only home game shown on sky this season was the gas game?

Yes. 100%.

It was made very clear that those who weren't able to attend could ask somebody to renew for then, and many people took advantage of that yesterday. I'm sorry if you were not aware of that, but it was well advertised.

We decided not to have phone sales on the first day after problems with the phone system when people tried to buy tickets for the Roves game last season. It became clear then that the phone system was not able to handle large volumes of calls in a short period of time. It is in the process of being replaced as part of a complete overhaul of our IT systems in the new stadium. Unfortunately that's not been completed yet, so we felt that physical sales was the fairest way of doing it. Every single person I spoke to yesterday was happy with the arrangements we had made and felt it had been done fairly and efficiently. Phone sales for any remaining seats in block F or for renewals in the rest of the Williams stand will start on Tuesday.

The issue now will be those that didn't renew or missed out purchasing a ticket in blocks E will have to put up with block F and will also likely stand or ignore there seat number allocation and pile into block E regardless, which will likely cause issues for the club and stewards.

I know plenty EE season ticket holders who are still not aware of the move or who were unable to make AG Sunday.  It would have been much more sensible for the club to have left blocks E&F completely unreserved.  I have a feeling this is going to turn into a bit of debacle.

Dave, I tried to get a answer on Sunday without success, I renewed my season ticket on Sunday but I want to get my daughter a ticket to however this can't be done till June. Are you expecting a 4 year old to sit on her own if there is no seats by me???? I made sure when I got my ticket there was space either side. However the guy said once block f is sold out she will have to site somewhere else! Do you expect a 4 year old to sit on her own???

Dave, I tried to get a answer on Sunday without success, I renewed my season ticket on Sunday but I want to get my daughter a ticket to however this can't be done till June. Are you expecting a 4 year old to sit on her own if there is no seats by me???? I made sure when I got my ticket there was space either side. However the guy said once block f is sold out she will have to site somewhere else! Do you expect a 4 year old to sit on her own???

Of course we wouldn't expect a four year old to sit on her own. If there is still a seat available when they go on general sale I'm sure we can arrange for the two of you to sit together.

Archived